Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 braking is like ABS turned on

I have all difficulty settings turned off, but e.g. when I brake in game, I can brake hard as it is possible, I can´t lock up my wheels, they still rotate, theres no smoke. It is still like some kind of ABS or something. It is very easy to drive this game. I use Logitech Driving Force GT. May be theres also other issues with this difficulty aids, but first thing that I recognized is the breaking. It bored me, I can´t play it, sorry :-(
If there is some XML where I can set it directly, it would be nice.

Yes, now I can brake very very late and I have no problem in corner, but I´m not sure if it as it should be. I feel it like a bug (like some driving assistance is still turned on). It´s strange if I will already never see a smoke of my tyres.

Same here , using an old MS FF Wheel , really hope this is an `Assists On`bug and not a `Most accessible F1 game yet ` thing otherwise I won`t be touching 2015 with a bargepole . Have bought the entire series and 2013 has fantastic handling . 2014 as it stands is not a simulation . Very dissapointed

I use a MadCatz wheel and it seems impossible to lock up. In the rain I was purposely stamping on the brake and just couldn't do it.....

I haven't bought the game yet. I am waiting to see if the patch takes care of this braking issue. Has anybody tried a Brake-assistance (abs)with/without test? Just wondering if there's any difference.  It may be locked on.

I like braking in F1 2014 than what it was in F1 2013. In F1 2013 it was just on-off mode but in F1 2014, I can feel the slip and screeching sometimes before a lock up is about to happen. For me, F1 2014 feels to have overall refined handling and good brakes implementation while retaining enjoyable game play.

I have used the brakes with wheel, no assists full wet and dry.

They feel very progressive and DO lock up in the wet, certainly with high pressure/large. When they lock up they still slow you down a bit (i.e you feel like they are still in contact with the ground now) and as langoorji said above the feeling is much more realistic and skids are more controllable. However, it is a little bit too easy. 

The other end of the car, that's a different matter. I'm known for being Mr. Average in the dry and Mr. Not Bad At All in the rain and I am struggling big time in full wet conditions, certainly using the Williams which I know is probably the hardest car, but it is driveable - just.

The other end of the car, that's a different matter. I'm known for being Mr. Average in the dry and Mr. Not Bad At All in the rain and I am struggling big time in full wet conditions, certainly using the Williams which I know is probably the hardest car, but it is driveable - just.
Ever tried racing the Caterham in wet conditions?   ;)

But in my opinion it indeed is fairly impossible to get even a tiny lockup. In real life, there are just so many lockups that it's unrealistic not to be able to get any in game. I prefer the F1 2013 braking over the F1 2014 braking.

the same for me : without ABS i can't lock my front wheels when i done a full braking.
Even with :

- no ABS and no other helps
- full brake on AV
- full power of brake
- the largest Disk
- under rain
so braking is really easy and boring

the same too with the overstear, i can't spin with full trottle on turn, ( and my setup is very overstear ) so with no helps it's feel like all helps on , it's stange.

With Pad on xBox360, GP and Carier mode.

I tested it in heavy rain, no helps and wheel, i turned into the grass, and braked at it, and din't blocked since start blocking, only at the middle of the braking...