Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Steam: Failed to start game (missing executable)

i bought the pc dvd verson F1 2014 in Hong Kong, i put the dvd in, follow the step, using my exiting steam account, type the cd key in, then steam just went to download a 96mb update, once it finish then it said install complete, but of cause the game won't start because it never install anything from the dvd, all i have in the steam folder is some file with 98mb, i clicked the check game file button in steam, and it also just check the 98mb file, someone please help me fix the problem, i think is the steam bug?? or the dvd programme problem?? or at least answer me, i tried everything said in the support page, it wont help, i spend money to buy the game, and it just not working, so next time i should just BT download the game and play it happily??!! im  extremely angry right now...someone please help...

i also have the same problem. it just installs a 96/98 mb file for me and i checked the disc it says over 4gb. i have no clue what is going on

Hi everyone. I am from Singapore and just bought F1 2014 for PC. Having installed the game on my computer, launching F1 2014 results in the error stated in the title. Steam also tells me that only 98MB is used on my hard disk, and when I check the SteamApps folder, F1 2014 is empty except for _CommonRedist. Verifying the integrity of the game cache does not help, and neither does the Steam support page here (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8676-EFLX-7453&l=english&steamid=76561198065309173&errortype=EAppUpdateError&errorvalue=28). What should I do?

Hey everyone, we're looking into this.

To those currently experiencing the issue, could you let me know which files are present in the game's install folder? You can find the folder in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2014\

I can then send this over to QA and they can take a better look at it. 

I have this same problem......only item in my F1 2014 folder is something called "_CommonRedist"

Inside this is a Direct X folder, followed by Jun2010...then a load of files.

Same problem from Hong Kong
many other users from russia, URUGUAY........got this
I contacted the codemasters customer service call Rob, his  suggestion can't work

Please help

Ok guys, we've made some changes. Could you try and restart your download? It should now work. :)

I have the same problem:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2014\
That are the files/folders that are in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\F1 2014\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010
Here a Picture of alle the files in it: http://s14.directupload.net/images/141020/g9n5d682.png

If you're still experiencing the issue we recommend doing the following. :)

1.       Right click on F1 2014 in the Steam Library.

2.       Select delete Local Content.

3.       Press delete on the confirmation box.

4.       Reinstall the game from either DVD or download.

Cheers.