Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Patch confirmation?

dirt3joe said:

Anon848 said:
aktisti said:
When close to 2015 release, we should organize a boycott campaign. They are never going to learn until we hurt their pockets.

Won't work, all the people who post here complaining are only a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things, even if it worked and everyone made a bit of noise, it wouldn't be enough to change anything, and besides, they would do what they do best, ignore you all until you went away and they released something new and shiny to 'dazzle' everyone with 
I agree that we're a drop in the ocean, but our views are also representative of the vast majority. 

For example, we complain about pad traction control. Codemasters choses to ignore it. Joe Public with pad in hand comes along and buys the game looking forward to the menacing handling of those 1.6 turbos. He loads the game up, floors it out of every corner and sticks it straight on EBay. One sale (indirectly) lost. There are only a few of us, but there are thousands upon thousands of him. Codies don't get it!
Maybe that's what Joe Public wants. After all need for speed sells a fair amount. I think you overestimate how much effort most people are willing to put into a game. Sure they want some challenge but they don't want it that difficult. I think the reason sales may be low is because 14 does not offer anything significantly different from 13, 12 or 11 (in fact imo it offers much less than 13).

If the pad behaviour is changed my prediction would be that there will be as many people who will come on here complaining about the change in pad behaviour as there are people complaining about the wheel vs. pad behaviour at the moment. It's not really a winnable situation for CM IMO. The only way to do it would be to have two different pad modes, the old one, and a new one. And of course the new one has to be verified for every single track to verify that it is a "very similar" performance to the wheel, which would no doubt be a huge amount of work.

I would maintain that it is impossible to get the wheel and pad exactly balanced, and that the only definitive solution is to make it so that people who race together are either all on pad or all on wheel.
You may be right about sales, who knows.

People getting traction control when they don't want it and have selected not to have it is a complete joke though and very easily fixed. 

People it's done!!
codies have fulfilled the points outlined in their contract with whoever ( bare minimum is all they have to do) and it's been signed off and released to the public. All these forums etc will just go Un noticed and unread by the game developers because they've been paid and all the rest so why would they give a shit about what we think?? If they were paid based on our feedback then f1 2014 would have been patched 489 times by now and would be the best thing since Susan Boyle's first root! Unfortunately for us, code-masters have already won because ( no not boyle's first leg over) we have all bought the game and their pockets have already been lined with our hard earned dollars. 
Trying to organise some sort of boycott or bloody hunger strike now would only be a waste of everyone's time and it wouldn't even be acknowledged by codemasters because the very points mentioned previously. It's called  business kids and that's how the economy works. Ask yourself this..., if you were paid an entire years salary in advance, how motivated would you be to rock up to work everyday if you were given the choice not to bother?.... For them to fix this broken shit would be like giving away your winning lottery ticket to someone who's already filthy rich.
so in summary people, there is more chance of Jesus stopping by my house for a beer this arvo, than any developments made by codemasterbaters in patching this years game...

EDIT: nobody claiming to be Jesus has popped in for a beer this week as yet.

soooo, do we still wait for confirmation of this?
Or should we give up?

Hello? Anyone? Bueller... Bueller... Bueller....?

Their utter silence is pretty much an answer. The game won't be patched.

Maybe they don't have the balls to come and say so. But I think they just don't care...

Is it possible to get money back under sale of goods act in the UK? It's not fit for purpose with the same issues as ever. Every year our download/ upload speeds increase yet each year ability to race f1 online has gotten worse, specifically with Americans, south Americans and Australians. Farcical stuff. Testing teams for this company are useless.

Lagspins, invisible cars, flying cars, pogoing cars, safety cars allowing one driver to keep lapping at normal speed so that by end of sc period that driver has 2mins+ lead despite hitting under sc! Seriously, what is it your testing teams do?

Hatta won't answer questions in this thread i guess.... he's been on lately, just avoiding this question i guess. pretty pathetic really. last official word was they were "still deciding" on a if they would produce a patch or not.....

It became very clear after some time that their strategy was to remain shut until everyone forget about it.

Bet they wish their ''contract with the forum hosting company' would expire again....Like the last time they screwed up.

There is quite obviously a reason why they won't confirm one way or the other. Take that as an answer instead of spamming the forums with the same questions and demands.

Simple as this: If there was an answer they could give, they would give it. What is it with this generation that everything is a conspiracy of some sort? Ask yourself this: If the game is so bad and you dislike the way the forum is run, what on earth are you still doing here? Who's really the fool in that case?

There is quite obviously a reason why they won't confirm one way or the other. Take that as an answer instead of spamming the forums with the same questions and demands.

Simple as this: If there was an answer they could give, they would give it. What is it with this generation that everything is a conspiracy of some sort? Ask yourself this: If the game is so bad and you dislike the way the forum is run, what on earth are you still doing here? Who's really the fool in that case?

Haha.
There isn't going to be a patch and they are ignoring us because its easier.

And as long as you and people like you (although...on evidence...only you) have their tongue firmly implanted in Codies a**e they can continue to act like this.

I've seen you in a thread talking about track limits when the guy was talking about a COMPLETELY UNRELATED glitch. Yep.......Gave me a good idea of you in a nutshell.

Whoa....Theres codies unzipping its jeans........gobble gobble eh?

Ah here we go...
Well if you actually read my post you'd realise I'm effectively saying there will probably be no patch. They're having internal changes quite evidently as well as the fact they are concentrating their efforts on creating a whole new engine for the new gen games. That is a higher priority than a patch. And are people really surprised they're not wasting their precious time to respond to silly questions? Well just look at the type of posts that yourself and others put up. Is it such a surprise they don't frequent the forum?

Of course, going by your... stupid reply, I wouldn't expect you to have understood it. Yes I did mention track limits in the other, unrelated thread. You know why? Because if he didn't go over the track limit he never would have triggered his unbelievable glitch. I can pretty much guess what sort of an "idea" you have of me going by your post. It only further proves your stupidity for making a judgement on a person's character by a forum post that you quite evidently didn't understand.

Ah yes. The juvenile attempt to insult me with homosexuality. At this point the clear proof of your immaturity and insecurity is actually amusing. Afterall, the first sign of it is by trying to insult another with it. :)

Indeed, behaving like a Wynterdust™ bot will pay us legit customers greater dividends. And don't you guys forget getting into anal position next time you get fooled by the next instalment too.

You bought the game, and then you think you have the right to complain and request for a patch in order to fix things?, you guys weird.. Look at the Wynterdust® Bot and Its memorable attitude. It is the example to folow in order to prevent the now called "gaming industry" from keeping on such lame practics.

The consequences of CM loss of face over the continuous need to appealing the damn casual crowd only should be noticed soon enough. Actually, such thing was already noticeable when Grid Autosport was released, as well as the same bugged F1 game every year, of course.

There probably isn't going to be a patch judging by this, you've got to remember CM are in a bit of financial trouble atm and are also developing on an early release for 2015.

lol - you have no idea who you are talking to.... "this generation". Laughable.

it's simple. If 2015 is a priority and the patch is not all they have to do is say that. Fact is the last thing they said about the patch was that they were "still deciding". We're just looking for a final answer, and they are avoiding and not not responding.
We're not saying the game is bad, it's quite enjoyable. It's the difference btwn Pad and Wheel that needs fixing, and it's listed in this thread several times. Are you not reading the thread topic again?

They're having internal changes quite evidently as well as the fact they are concentrating their efforts on creating a whole new engine for the new gen games. That is a higher priority than a patch. And are people really surprised they're not wasting their precious time to respond to silly questions? Well just look at the type of posts that yourself and others put up. Is it such a surprise they don't frequent the forum?
Sure. You are saying that it is logical to start working on a new product when the previous has not yet been finished?

F1 2014 is a broken product. No matter the licenses, barely anything in the game is right. Car liveries are wrong, wrong engines, sounds are incorrect, tracks are not matching to their real life versions, bugs haven't been fixed since 2010-2013. Wow, the only thing well done here is the handling for PC wheel users. Fucking well done, Codemasters. Clap clap clap.

Codemasters claimed 2014 to be their best product ever and I (in my honest naivety) paid €50,00 for it. Then is it logical to ask for one goddamn fucking patch? 

Now for F1 2015 I hope it will not even be published. That would be the best solution. Codemasters are a mockery for the F1 scene.

niblips said:

it's simple. If 2015 is a priority and the patch is not all they have to do is say that. Fact is the last thing they said about the patch was that they were "still deciding". We're just looking for a final answer, and they are avoiding and not not responding.
We're not saying the game is bad, it's quite enjoyable. It's the difference btwn Pad and Wheel that needs fixing, and it's listed in this thread several times. Are you not reading the thread topic again?

I effectively said this in my second post. Generally no response should be assumed as a no until said otherwise. I've said in many threads that it isn't acceptable that the pad and wheel are so far apart in performance and that I too would welcome a patch just in the interest of making it even. (Some members only like to pick out parts of my posts it would seem). However, I'd personally much prefer them focus all their efforts on the new gen version to make that as good as we all hope it will be. It wouldn't surprise me that everything that needs addressing in 2014 will be done so in the new gen version.
It is indeed frustrating that there are problems that exist within this game. But at the end of the day, all of us knew that they were developing a new gen version parallel to 2014 so the likelihood of continued support after release was always going to be minimal at best. None of us were forced to buy the product. We could have skipped and waiting for the new gen version as it was supposedly following shortly.
My first post was more directed at those that come to the forum to spam the same stuff every year about how awful everything is. If they knew it was going to be so bad because "it's the same every year" then more's the fool to them. When a forum is filled with members like this, it only deters developers from interacting on the forum, which at the same time is detriment to those of us that want to help towards improving the next game as we too would fall upon deaf ears.