Sign in to follow this  

Patch confirmation?

Why is everyone expecting any more than this outcome? You are talking about Codemasters here you know? The laziest developer since EA Activision, they don't care about the game once it's released and hell, they don't really care whilst making the game, they just want to patch it together with as little effort as possible whilst holding back on paying for extra staff.

Hatta said:
We've yet to release any information on a potential patch yet. I'll keep you updated with any info I can pass on.
You know what, it's just plain ridiculous to come up with an answer like this.

POTENTIAL patch??? Seriously?

There HAS to be a patch! The game is unplayable, balance wise. The least you should have come up with was a "there WILL BE a patch, we just don't have an ETA".

It sound like you guys are sitting in your offices drinking coffe and considering wheter its viable to patch the game or not. This is unacceptable. We paid a fair amount of money for this game. It's a matter of consumer rights. Eligible for a lawsuit if you ask me.

Be professional and give us a decent answer.

Parnace said:
Hatta said:
We've yet to release any information on a potential patch yet. I'll keep you updated with any info I can pass on.
When that codemasters will solve the problem of f1 2014? This game is a disgrace. Cars are flying, and now lags absurd people are having problems with wheel traction. Impossible to control the car. If it was only one problem all right, but it's a lot of problems while the game is crap and only charge you disrespect all those who bought the game. This is to be solved now, today, yesterday and not only stay on top of f1 2015.
I'm full agree with you! 

I stopped playing the game. Not to the play, did not have any fun playing this way. Impossible to do at times "LEGENDS" and slowly the EXPERT 

Only back playing when launching PATCH 

CODEMASTERS are working on the Patch? When will it be released? 
Please us some kind of information.

aktisti said:
Hatta said:
You know what, it's just plain ridiculous to come up with an answer like this.

POTENTIAL patch??? Seriously?

There HAS to be a patch! The game is unplayable, balance wise. The least you should have come up with was a "there WILL BE a patch, we just don't have an ETA".

It sound like you guys are sitting in your offices drinking coffe and considering wheter its viable to patch the game or not. This is unacceptable. We paid a fair amount of money for this game. It's a matter of consumer rights. Eligible for a lawsuit if you ask me.

Be professional and give us a decent answer.
On what legal grounds? I'd suggest go outside, take a deep breath and calm down, remembering it's just a game and there's a lot worse things in life than a game not working as you'd like it to. Does the game need a patch? Yes it does, does it need an outburst like that? No it doesn't. No wonder devs don't post here anymore, as if people can't post in a mature manner they won't bother responding. 

Great last post Hughesy. It's true that this is something basic which I honestly wouldn't expect any developer to get wrong and that only that there might be a patch is poor, saying there should be a lawsuit over it is just pure ridiculous.

Joethe155 said:
Great last post Hughesy. It's true that this is something basic which I honestly wouldn't expect any developer to get wrong and that only that there might be a patch is poor, saying there should be a lawsuit over it is just pure ridiculous.
Thank you. I just go on my experience, if I had a lawsuit for everything I did wrong at my workplace I'd be in jail o:) Everyone makes mistakes, after all we're only human. I'm sure a patch will come, what Hatta (probably) meant was that he hasn't had confirmation of a patch hence saying potential. He can't say anything else as that would be misinformation. I'm sure there'll be a patch, people just need a little patience.

If people don't like that then never buy a game when it's just been released, as every game needs them. Bugs will always be found as they aren't going to hire a few hundred thousand people just to test. When you have so many people buying games these days bugs will always be found that weren't picked up on when developing it ;)

F1 has needed dedicated servers for years...

My guess the patch is coming in 2015... in the form of  F1 2015.

Hughesy said:
Joethe155 said:
Thank you. I just go on my experience, if I had a lawsuit for everything I did wrong at my workplace I'd be in jail o:) Everyone makes mistakes, after all we're only human. I'm sure a patch will come, what Hatta (probably) meant was that he hasn't had confirmation of a patch hence saying potential. He can't say anything else as that would be misinformation. I'm sure there'll be a patch, people just need a little patience.

If people don't like that then never buy a game when it's just been released, as every game needs them. Bugs will always be found as they aren't going to hire a few hundred thousand people just to test. When you have so many people buying games these days bugs will always be found that weren't picked up on when developing it ;)
Agreed I go on my experiences too when talking about games

Williams has a merc engine
This is a database error. It does not effect car performance. Thanks for the heads up though, we've logged this as an issue.

Also, as with every year, we base a lot of our assets and performance data off of the first few races due to the nature of our release window. So that's why you may see some differences in-game when comparing it to the most recent GP performances. None the less, I have sent your feedback to team and we will look into it.

Hatta said:
This is a database error. It does not effect car performance. Thanks for the heads up though, we've logged this as an issue.

Also, as with every year, we base a lot of our assets and performance data off of the first few races due to the nature of our release window. So that's why you may see some differences in-game when comparing it to the most recent GP performances. None the less, I have sent your feedback to team and we will look into it.
Why the need for a go between? can't the development team read forums?

Hatta said:
Sadly I do not have much to up date you with. We're looking into the feedback posted here and on our social channels. I'll let you know of any developments when I can.

Sorry I'm being so vague, but there's nothing else I can confirm right now.

Hi Hatta,

Do you by any chance have some news about support for Thrustmaster T300RS in a upcoming patch?

Please just get rid of Pad Traction Control and give pad users a bit better turn-in - that'll do this year. Don't touch wheel handling though, make pad match wheel not the other way round. 

With regards to the Merc engine issue, have to say the advantage of that engine seems a bit too marginal.

Ok I got laughed at when I mentioned lawsuit. Let me clarify my point.

From where I come from, everything you get in exchange for money is a consumer good, and every consumer good is subject to comsumers rights laws. It doens't matter whether it's a game or a sex toy or a bubblegum, if you paid for it and it didn't live up to the expectations, its your right the receive a disclaimer from the manufacturer or return it within an established period. Also, companies can get punished for bad support and consumer care.

Let's say you waited a whole year for an iphone 5, purchased it for full price only to discover that it is an iphone 4 wrapped in a different shell. What are you going to do?

From my point of view, This year's game is a scam. It's the same game as previous year, with different menu colors, tweaked sound and rebranded as 2014. If something, it shrinked in content and got more bugs. Still, full price was charged, there was NO DEMO and it's been 10 days with no official word about the several issues raised on this forum. Go to Racedeparment, download and install a few mods on f1 2013 and you probably have a better game.

If you purchased a physical DVD maybe you can go to your local store and return it. But I downloaded it from Steam. Let's see what Valve has to say about refunds:

"Steam Refund Policy

As with most software products, unless required by local law, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client.  Please review Section 3 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information."

I really don't know. Maybe in UK you are allowed to cheat people into buying your product, shut yourself from any complaints and get away with that.

aktisti said:
Go to Racedeparment, download and install a few mods on f1 2013 and you probably have a better game.
Definitely less bugs with 2013, that's for sure.

please codemasters with the next patch !! can we and the IA have more damage on the car because the races are boring !! i mean maybe we could have on practise session a gearbox problem and have 5 places penalty! and in race also nobody have problems ! why???

I actually agree with the guy above me. I only saw one retirement in my first race at AUS. Vergne dropped out in sector 1, and no safety car was called out. Interestingly unsafe. 

AI really, really need to be tweaked so that they actually drive like human beings (wheelspin, lock-ups, mistakes, wet weather pace). Even though they have been improved (barely) they need much more work now because of how difficult it is to drive the cars.

Gamepads also have an incredible advantage. It's ridiculous, really. Wheel users are so bad in the wet, we can barely drive. It's like driving on ice. Pad and TC users just fly away. Don't touch the wheel settings for dry conditions, but between full wets and intermediates, the full wets are an enormous leap. Inters feel okay, but the wets are just too overdone.

Please just get rid of Pad Traction Control and give pad users a bit better turn-in - that'll do this year. Don't touch wheel handling though, make pad match wheel not the other way round. 

With regards to the Merc engine issue, have to say the advantage of that engine seems a bit too marginal.

No, you get a sh1tload of settings to play with. Match wheel with pad.

Geez people love picking apart this game rather than just playing the game I think it just needs a patch just to balance the game out and fix very small things like wet weather and Ai other than that I really like the handling and cars even know their a bit ugly

Gav25182 said:

No, you get a sh1tload of settings to play with. Match wheel with pad.

We don't want the game easier than it already is. No-one who uses no assists wants traction control, but pad users get traction control whether they like it or not, it's ridiculous. We want wheel left well alone and pad to have the option to turn the T/C assists off just like us. Pad users are also complaining that it won't turn-in fast enough so that needs fixing too, in their favour. 

At the moment in our No Assists League, wheel users catch up with pad users going into corners then are left for dust coming out. It's like we are driving two completely different types of car. Wheel is slower and more fun, but pad should be too.

Maybe you meant the same thing?  

Hatta said:

Definitely understand what you do here if nothing is resolved. There are several videos explaining the difference between the steering wheel and control and you are taking it as a joke. It's been a great lack of respect for the people who bought the game and are going through a major difference between controllers. What we are doing here is not to ask you to please resolve the problem but a REQUIREMENT that codemaster adjust the game that is all wrong. People paid for the game and are not having any answers about what will happen. A great lack of respect for codemaster mention that there is a problem or not adjust the problem. This video shows the difference between the steering wheel and control pad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJOTFLiDsFI

to me there is more traction using a wheel than a pad, with a pad its mad how it constantly has wheel spin with the wheel no where near as much