Sign in to follow this  

Patch confirmation?

its funny, a guy on racedepartment Martin Larsen has basically found most database faults with the game and fixed them all in the space of a week, why on earth do codies not headhunt this guy and give him 2 weeks with the game when they are finished and let him go through the whole code like an editor and fix all these amateur mistakes
you think it takes a super brain to fund these laughable mistakes ??
same ole same ole since 2009 ...... sadly 

Hughesy said:
Joethe155 said:
Great last post Hughesy. It's true that this is something basic which I honestly wouldn't expect any developer to get wrong and that only that there might be a patch is poor, saying there should be a lawsuit over it is just pure ridiculous.
Thank you. I just go on my experience, if I had a lawsuit for everything I did wrong at my workplace I'd be in jail o:) Everyone makes mistakes, after all we're only human. I'm sure a patch will come, what Hatta (probably) meant was that he hasn't had confirmation of a patch hence saying potential. He can't say anything else as that would be misinformation. I'm sure there'll be a patch, people just need a little patience.

If people don't like that then never buy a game when it's just been released, as every game needs them. Bugs will always be found as they aren't going to hire a few hundred thousand people just to test. When you have so many people buying games these days bugs will always be found that weren't picked up on when developing it ;)
this is bullshit what your saying,for some people is 50 euro alot of money,and if I go to buy shoes I dont expect that 1 shoe is different then the other one. F1 from codemasters is a good game but since the F1 game 2010 the game bacame worst in bugs.This is already the 4th F1 game since then, and still the same mistakes.You expect evrey year that the next game will be better. but its not. I got no problem with this game ,I like it but I see the same faillures every year.

It's a shame you see it that way, I can assure you it isn't like that.

I 100% appreciate the phrases 'we've logged this as an issue' and 'we're looking into it' are sometimes frustratingly vague. I get that.

But right now, at this stage, it's all I can offer to you as we finalise things internally. I'm not posting those types of comments just to pass time, it's actually what I'm doing. Feedback on the issues you've raised have continuously been forwarded to the team and they're investigating them now.

Hope you can understand. And as I've said a few times - I'll let you know of any developments as soon as I can.

mmpaw37 said:
Hatta said:

I 100% appreciate the phrases 'we've logged this as an issue' and 'we're looking into it' are sometimes frustratingly vague. I get that.

But right now, at this stage, it's all I can offer to you as we finalise things internally. I'm not posting those types of comments just to pass time, it's actually what I'm doing. Feedback on the issues you've raised have continuously been forwarded to the team and they're investigating them now.

Hope you can understand. And as I've said a few times - I'll let you know of any developments as soon as I can.

Thanks for the information Luke, however with all honesty, I personally haven't had much issue with the game...that doesn't mean however that they're not there, and I understand peoples frustration.

I haven't had much time on playing the game as a rule as of late, I have been busy doing my mods for the game and although the basic game is really good, I have just made a few tweaks(mainly graphically)from my part to make it appear more 'real'.

The only issue(and I hope that you have logged this down), the only 'big' error I have is with the invisible pit garage walls at Sochi. I have already made a request for this to be investigated in the technical forum, but thought I would just mention it here!.

Thanks again @Hatta, hope to see something soon! ;)

I agree with you on the not having any problems part, this is a great game, it really is a good foundation for next gen

Hatta said:

Do you realize the logical line of thinking we are being forced to follow by your statements Hatta?

If developers were already working on a patch, there would be no reason to not say so.

Which means they haven't started working on a patch yet.

Which means that, after 12 DAYS, there is NO intention to work on a patch.

Why don't you just come clear about that, tell everybody to suck it up, close down all discussion and finish this once and for all?

Hatta said:

Thanks Hatta

We wait...

Hatta said:

I can fully understand what your saying but communication between codemasters and the customer is p.i.s.s poor at best, you really need to start to talk to the people that keep you in a job, get someone from the dev team to post some information on what is being fix and what's not, give us some proper feed back, I'm sure you would find people more understanding.

funny how it took a gamer to find what is supposedly a database error with no implications to the game yet its being looked into by the dev teams, who thanked for the heads up... heads up? jeez don't the devs check there own database before releasing a game? its all becoming a bit laughable concerning the codemasters f1 series

Well, at the risk of annoying people, I think from what I read on the forums 2014 has been pretty good as regards bugs. Look at GA currently on 360 for example.

There are only a limited number of patches that can be done, so it makes more sense to wait until the game has had significant play time before doing a patch.

However, I do agree with leader2011 that a list of currently what is being considered for patching would be helpful. Of course the list is not going to please everyone, but will probably make some people happier.

Maybe someone should do a poll as what bug they think should be fixed as #1 priority. That way at least the feedback is being given and cm are getting a list of what annoys people most.

About the patch...

Tyre Temperatures
Did someone else also notice that when you are driving slowly, the tyres temperatures are always optimal? However, as soon as you accelerate, the temperatures drop significantly. Can someone from CM please look into this?

About the patch...

Tyre Temperatures
Did someone else also notice that when you are driving slowly, the tyres temperatures are always optimal? However, as soon as you accelerate, the temperatures drop significantly. Can someone from CM please look into this?
What patch?

Hatta said:
Williams has a merc engine
This is a database error. It does not effect car performance. Thanks for the heads up though, we've logged this as an issue.

Also, as with every year, we base a lot of our assets and performance data off of the first few races due to the nature of our release window. So that's why you may see some differences in-game when comparing it to the most recent GP performances. None the less, I have sent your feedback to team and we will look into it.

Im Martin Larsen from RaceDepartment, and I have made a mod and tested things alot. And no, the database engines does not effect the players car, but its effect the AI cars abit not much, but just little bit. But still thets not all. Toro Rosso had wrong engine, Williams had wrong engine, Marussia had wrong engine(Marussia even had an engine that is not in formula 1...) And also, do you guess watch Formula 1? I mean, look att the car tunnig files, ferrari is so overpowred thats its possible to get it, if you play with the original game the ferrari will fight for alot of race wins and have the best top speed while Williams maybe get a top 5 on a PERFECT day, normally they are behind Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull and even McLaren

I know that most of the focus is on 2015 which is fine, and don't misunderstand me I really enjoy the F1 games, but things like thise just is so....lazy. And Practice 1 and 2, why not include it? 1: its possible easier to keep it in the game, just transfer it to the next game instead of taking it out. 2: you have optional about long weekend etc, so whats the point in taking out practice? dont you want to play those two, then choose short weekend. I understand why this game is not a sim, since F1 licecese is expencie and you need to sell games to everyone, from casual to sim racer. But still, you wont sell better with almost say you dont care about hardcore F1 fans and simracers. F1 fans buy the official f1 game, well...because it is official F1 game, not to have a arcade friendly partly f1 licence. 

So yeah, I really dont understand taking out things and say it doesnt give the game anything, when we can choose to use it or not, its like a big f**k you to hardcore F1 fans and simracers...But I really look forward to F1 2015, you have done a good job with the F1 seires aport from what I have said...

Another buggy, twitchy mess.  I can't believe I let myself get sucked in again.  

So disappointed.  I just know this is going to be ANOTHER round of "The patch is coming", "Hmm, you are the ONLY person experiencing that problem", and then silence and no follow-up.

The graphics are great, but the rest is a hot-mess.  Again.

Well... Steam just sent an 8 MB update to my copy of F1 2014. Is this a patch?
Have a look at the link below  ...

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/4547/live-pc-steam-wheel-support-update-f1-2014#latest

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rebalanced-cars-performance.3819/

Great Mod.

Williams and Toro rosso are too later than real F1.

I need this Mod for PS3.

marussia has a cosworth engine! hahaha omg codies what have you done to yourselfs this year. your database is riddled with flaws! but who cares huh llf

Codemasters are taking the piss. Probably having a laugh while reading this and spending our money.

DZUKELA said:
Codemasters are taking the piss. Probably having a laugh while reading this and spending our money.
Yeah. I got this game pre-order on my birthday in August, and waited three months for it. I am done playing after one week and I feel sorry for those who paid my birthday gift.

Screw supporting CM for 2015 if they can't look after their fan base and at least patch 2014 in good time. I've shelved this game and gone back to 2013. 2014 on a pad bores me senseless driving around with auto pilot always on.