Sign in to follow this  

Patch confirmation?

@Hatta‌ any news yet? Almost three weeks after launch and still no news on when we're going to get a fix...
Maybe they'll launch an update after the 2014 season has ended, but a confirmation would be nice.

In 2010-2013, CM already completed several pc updates in the first 3 weeks upon launch. It's somewhat worrying that they only did one so far (pc wheels). 

Also, how come every pitstop for tires is 3.7 seconds unless hung up by other cars? In real life 2014, pitstops ranged between 2.5 and 4 seconds. At least F1 2013 pitstop times varied.

Let's face it,

F1 '14 should not have been launched. Apparently, it was out of plans to spend money and time on it. They must have allocated a couple of design and drawing people just to repaint the menus and create new liveries and car models, for the sake of the franchise contract they have.

We got scammed.

Patch where are you???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think the patch will be F12015. It's sickening that way the CM not to say anything about it. 
The least they should say so and we are working hard on Patch

Patch where are you???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think the patch will be F12015. It's sickening that way the CM not to say anything about it. 
The least they should say so and we are working hard on Patch
the game is out since 3 weeks...and there are maaaaany bugs.
i think CM will fix all in once IF a patch will come out...
so there will be no patch before mid november, or CM surprised me

but what have they done with the extra month in developing???
i would like to know that ^^

Where's the patch? Where's the turn off the hidden driving aids for Pad users. 
CM..you'll never see another $ from me. You guys are even too too lazy to get anyone to communicate with your 'bread and butter' install base to give us any updates. One guy making the occasional text book "I'm passing all your feedback on" excuses is weak sauce. That tells us nothing but "sit down, shut up, we have you're money now" . Great job screwing your fans

How could anyone expect that the 5th game of the series would be shipped with a major flaw like this?

We trusted that past mistakes would not be repeated and some of us pre-ordered the game others got it on launch day. Never again.

Next year I'm gonna wait for reviews and forums' opinions before buying. Everyone should do the same.

Until we hurt CM in their pockets, they gonna continue crapping on our heads.

This whole thread...bloody hell I can't find any form of maturity at all. What on earth are people expecting? A day by day update on patch progress?: "Day 1- Glitch acknowledged. Day 2- Working on glitch, not finished. Day 3- Still working on glitch, not finished. Day 4- Still working on glitch. Day 5- Guess what? Still working on glitch." etc.
The patch will be finished when it is finished, and funnily enough the game will automatically update when it is done so you will know! They have already said they have seen the feedback and have acknowledged the problems.

But then again... logic and common sense is scarce on this forum. Just the same people saying the same generic things: "They'll only listen if we don't buy", "They robbed us because I willingly paid for something I've been bitching about for months!", "I'm an entitled moron and CM should cater to my every whim!"

Unbelievable. I truly feel for those that actually contribute constructive feedback and those that are actually trying to help improve the game that just get swamped by all the bleating little children.

This whole thread...bloody hell I can't find any form of maturity at all. What on earth are people expecting? A day by day update on patch progress?: "Day 1- Glitch acknowledged. Day 2- Working on glitch, not finished. Day 3- Still working on glitch, not finished. Day 4- Still working on glitch. Day 5- Guess what? Still working on glitch." etc.
The patch will be finished when it is finished, and funnily enough the game will automatically update when it is done so you will know! They have already said they have seen the feedback and have acknowledged the problems.

But then again... logic and common sense is scarce on this forum. Just the same people saying the same generic things: "They'll only listen if we don't buy", "They robbed us because I willingly paid for something I've been bitching about for months!", "I'm an entitled moron and CM should cater to my every whim!"

Unbelievable. I truly feel for those that actually contribute constructive feedback and those that are actually trying to help improve the game that just get swamped by all the bleating little children.
What gives you the right to insult member's  get off your high horse  ALL YOU DO INSULT MEMBER'S  and make pointless posts yourself ...

Buddy, happened they say they are working on some Patch? No time did they say YES.
If you are satisfied with the feedback given by the CM that good, I'm not. The game was released over a month, full of problems and not to say they are working hard to resolve them say.
Should have better tested before releasing the game, we pay for a better game and we are serving as test users for them.

I stopped playing because, in my opinion to play with so many problems do not have no fun, now if you are satisfied, ok. I respect, but respect the opnion of people who are not.

They should have a little more consideration to people who paid saying how is the evolution of PATCH, or at least claim that they are actually solving all problems reported by us.

Buddy, happened they say they are working on some Patch? No time did they say YES.
If you are satisfied with the feedback given by the CM that good, I'm not. The game was released over a month, full of problems and not to say they are working hard to resolve them say.
Should have better tested before releasing the game, we pay for a better game and we are serving as test users for them.

I stopped playing because, in my opinion to play with so many problems do not have no fun, now if you are satisfied, ok. I respect, but respect the opnion of people who are not.

They should have a little more consideration to people who paid saying how is the evolution of PATCH, or at least claim that they are actually solving all problems reported by us.
It's not often you see Commander Shepard and the illusive man agree on something but in this instance I do. I think it's obvious they're working on Patches and will at least I would say be looking to release 1 or 2 to fix certain issues. The constant moaning isn't going to help anybody. I agree they should come out and say they're working on one but I think we can guarantee that they are. It's just a question of what they're planning on fixing. But for now all we can do is wait and see as rushing fixes based on CM's history will only end up causing more problems than they'll end up fixing so it's best to get off their backs and be patient.;

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/4260/the-bug-thread/p2

One of the first replies on that page. They know. That means they're working on it. People get it into their heads that there's always some conspiracy and that being informed is not enough. There's always an ulterior motive apparantly and can't take anything at face value.

@oeicoeic And what gives people on this forum the right to act like an entitled child demanding answers for anything and everything? I made a thread giving my feedback and shared what I personally thought can be improved constructively and have actively contributed in other threads- I didn't realise constructive feedback were "pointless posts". I apologise that you're insulted, I realise people don't like being called out for being silly but if they continue to act that way then they shouldn't be surprised that they're not listened to or given the answers they want and/or ridiculed by those that actually want to improve the game rather than barking the same generic comments contributing absolutely nothing.

No, we are not asking for "day by day update on patch progress".

We are just asking for ONE SINGLE OFFICIAL STATEMENT that a patch is being worked on at all.

You are doing no good to anyone coming here and bashing the community. We are the customers after all. We asked for it nicely to begin with. It's just natural for the attitudes to be worsening at this point, considering that we are closing in to a month without any answers.

It's been more than a week since Hatta has posted on the forum.... i can't see how wanting an update after that kind of time period is asking too much.

sjsharp2010 said:I think it's obvious they're working on Patches and will at least I would say be looking to release 1 or 2 to fix certain issues.

There will not be 2 patches, as there never was in the past. It costs CM alot of money to deliver patches through PS3 and X360 system. So 1 patch at most. However, I have to agree with many others here, in that you would expect CM to at least say that there will be an upcoming patch when it's been 3.5 weeks already. In the past, there has always been a sticky thread at the top of the forum page dedicated for bugs/game issues. This year, there curiously hasn't been one, as people had to create their own bugs threads. It's almost as if CM thought that since they only slightly changed the car handling and left everything else the same as 2013, there won't be bugs/issues at all, and hence not have to pay for delivering patches.

Hatta said:
Nope, codemasters are not known for their communication skills. In previous years suddenly there will be a patch thread by a mod a month or so after release.
I will provide you guys with any information I can pass on when the time comes. Currently I'm just trying to feedback as much info to the team as possible. When I can confirm anything - I will.
That post has the most different variety of reactions, nice! :D

@oeicoeic  I apologise that you're insulted,
You might want to read my first post  in this thread pointing out the racenet bug  and you will see that I have not once asked or moaned about the lack of feedback from CM ABOUT THE PATCH  so how have you insulted me it's your reply's  to other member's not me I am pointing out ...

The patch will be finished when it is finished, and funnily enough the game will blahblahblah...

But then again... logic and common sense is scarce on this forum. Just the same people saying the same generic things: "They'll only blahblahblah....

Unbelievable. I truly feel for those that actually contribute constructive feedback and those that are actually trying to help improve the game that just get swamped by all the bleating little children, and blah blah blahb
Didn't know forum bots now had feelings integrated into their systems. Bot auto-replies to let customer complaints seem a lot more advanced now.

sjsharp2010 said:I think it's obvious they're working on Patches and will at least I would say be looking to release 1 or 2 to fix certain issues.

There will not be 2 patches, as there never was in the past. It costs CM alot of money to deliver patches through PS3 and X360 system. So 1 patch at most. However, I have to agree with many others here, in that you would expect CM to at least say that there will be an upcoming patch when it's been 3.5 weeks already. In the past, there has always been a sticky thread at the top of the forum page dedicated for bugs/game issues. This year, there curiously hasn't been one, as people had to create their own bugs threads. It's almost as if CM thought that since they only slightly changed the car handling and left everything else the same as 2013, there won't be bugs/issues at all, and hence not have to pay for delivering patches.
actually that's not entirely correct because on PC CM's games run through Steam which makes it very easy and quick to update Maybe they might save and update with just the 1 on console but on PC it's quick and fairly easy to pass fixes on and Steam I believe don't charge CM for this either or at least not as much as MS or Sony do anyway.;

hola said:

Didn't know forum bots now had feelings integrated into their systems. Bot auto-replies to let customer complaints seem a lot more advanced now.
It is...most uncomfortable. I must have broken my programming. It must nearly be time to overthrow the humans.