Sign in to follow this  

Patch confirmation?

hola said:

Didn't know forum bots now had feelings integrated into their systems. Bot auto-replies to let customer complaints seem a lot more advanced now.
It is...most uncomfortable. I must have broken my programming. It must nearly be time to overthrow the humans.
And I thought your plan was to protect humanity isn't that why you set up Cerberus? :p Guess I made the right decision earlier when I shot you at the end of ME3.

There will not be 2 patches, as there never was in the past. It costs CM alot of money to deliver patches through PS3 and X360 system. So 1 patch at most. However, I have to agree with many others here, in that you would expect CM to at least say that there will be an upcoming patch when it's been 3.5 weeks already. In the past, there has always been a sticky thread at the top of the forum page dedicated for bugs/game issues. This year, there curiously hasn't been one, as people had to create their own bugs threads. It's almost as if CM thought that since they only slightly changed the car handling and left everything else the same as 2013, there won't be bugs/issues at all, and hence not have to pay for delivering patches.
actually that's not entirely correct because on PC CM's games run through Steam which makes it very easy and quick to update Maybe they might save and update with just the 1 on console but on PC it's quick and fairly easy to pass fixes on and Steam I believe don't charge CM for this either or at least not as much as MS or Sony do anyway.;
Yes, my post was entirely correct. I'm fully aware that Steam doesn't charge CM for game updates. Where in my post did I ever state this? But as I stated before, it costs CM alot of money to deliver patches through PS3 and X360 systems. Please learn to read much more slowly & carefully.

In all previous CM F1 games as well as Grid AutoSport, there has been a pinned thread at the top of their forum page dedicated for bugs/game issues. This year, there curiously hasn't been one, as people had to create their own bugs threads. It's almost as if CM thought that since they only slightly changed the car handling and left everything else the same as 2013, there won't be bugs/issues at all, and hence not have to pay for delivering patches. I think that there was no intention to ever deliver a patch for F1 2014. With CM teams currently fixing GAS and also working on F1 2015, the development team seems spread out pretty thin.

I don't even know why I'm commenting here.. all that happens is people insulting other people's mothers -_-
either that or other users I'm gonna have to learn to stay away from this section I think altogether

Sorry everyone, I still don't have an update for you. As mentioned, the things you have raised are with the team.

Hatta said:
Sorry everyone, I still don't have an update for you. As mentioned, the things you have raised are with the team.
  seriously you have had almost a month to fix the game and considering f1 2014 was released a month later than 2013 that makes it even worse. you haven't even confirmed their will be a patch. and also the fact that cm got the handling so fundamentally wrong this year(too much traction and abs too easy on a pad and wheel to much high speed grip)  it doesn't bode well for f1 2015.

i play a 2014 mod on rfactor and it was made by 10 people and its way better and more fun than f1 2014

Hatta said:
Sorry for the delay of new information everyone. The project manager has finally allowed me to announce that regrettably, there will be no Patch for F1 2014. CM thanks you for all your support. Have a great Christmas and we'll see you in the new year with F1 2015 :smile: 

All your support? WTF... what support????? 

Most problems had been reported with the F12013, a year later and we still have many of these problems.

We pay for a pretty solid game, but we are serving CM to test the game and launch the F12015 with better quality ????? Wait, I want to win the F12015 for free then if I paid the game and am now working for CM ... it's only fair that I receive for free the F12015

Hatta said:
Sorry for the delay of new information everyone. The project manager has finally allowed me to announce that regrettably, there will be no Patch for F1 2014. CM thanks you for all your support. Have a great Christmas and we'll see you in the new year with F1 2015 :smile: 
where was this posted coz its not showing up on hatta profile. if this is genuine then i am disgusted. hope codemasters end up like caterham f1 - finished.

Hatta said:
Can you at least confirm if there will be a patch?

You'd have to assume that if he's passing info on to the team that implies there would be a patch.

i can't see them just wanting it as info for the 2015 game as that is supposed to be completely new so the current issues with this game shouldn't apply, if we are to believe what we're being fed anyway.
In my mind, it's not clear.  Sure, he's passing on information, but they can always say "no, it's not worth it for those issues".  In our mind, it's absolutely worth it, but they have resources to balance and F1 2015 to focus on.

Well, the doubt here is that this is the very first time in the past 5 years that CM has ever gone 4 weeks upon game release and not even confirmed if there will be a patch for it. All previous games in the last 5 years have all notified buyers upon the very first week that there will be an upcoming patch and please log all bugs/game issues in the supplied pinned thread in their forum. Very bizarre CM behavior for F1 2014.

I can see them just doing 1 patch, but it will hopefully address the fundamental issues and tide us over untill the next game, i'm glad my league hasn't started yet with the new game, because the "pad vs wheel" debate would just be constant.

worst case scenario?  if 2015 turns out to be garbage i'll return to pc gaming i guess, there's always a way.
PC had about 15 patches last year (or was it F1 2012?).  It's a bad sign that we haven't even had 1 yet.  Those multiple PC patches were bundled together to make just 1 or 2 for the consoles.  Whatever they're doing, they don't seem to be following that patch process they've used in previous years.  What's different?  That they have a game coming out ~6 months from now instead of ~1 year from now..... not a good sign.

I know patches are easier to release on the PC than PS3, i think for them to release a patch on the PS3 it has to be authorised by Sony each time which is why they might favour doing  a couple of large patches rather than several smaller ones, but don't quote me on that.

They also have to pay Sony to release a patch I believe, so T4RG4 said ages ago. I'm not sure if it's still like that, I'm pretty sure Microsoft don't charge for 360 updates anymore even though people think they're the bad guys.

Well, the doubt here is that this is the very first time in the past 5 years that CM has ever gone 4 weeks upon game release and not even confirmed if there will be a patch for it. All previous games in the last 5 years have all notified buyers upon the very first week that there will be an upcoming patch and please log all bugs/game issues in the supplied pinned thread in their forum. Very bizarre CM behavior for F1 2014.
I don't see any negatives on CM's end to at least inform their customers that there will be an upcoming patch if indeed there were any intentions on creating one.

Even if they start releasing patches for the PC right now it could be months before we see them on consoles. I dont think its happening, they have moved on and we are stuck with what we have got.

Even if they start releasing patches for the PC right now it could be months before we see them on consoles. I dont think its happening, they have moved on and we are stuck with what we have got.
I think that is about the size of it. We've had your money, so long suckers!

Hatta said:
Thanks for updating us with nothing again, Hatta

Craig1405 said:
I think that is about the size of it. We've had your money, so long suckers!
Until  next year  then CM will do it  AGAIN   hehehehe ...

Considering the minimal amount of effort put into the whole game I don't think they would bother bringing out a decent patch.

What is going on, Codies are going to lose sales for the next game. I for 1 am not going to be buy 2015 f1 title if this is how I am treated reguarding patchs and feedback.

If you are into F1 enough to have actually paid $50 for the DLC that is 2014, you'll be buying 2015, regardless of whether 2014 is patched or not...  One point tho, as 2014 was just a stop gap, it makes sense for them to only do the bare minimum to ensure 2015 ships on time.  I'd imagine support for 2015 should be better.

If they intended to release a patch, it would have been mentioned by now, like many have touched on, it doesn't make sense to keep that under wraps.  The reality is none of the issues so far are severe enough to force them to release one. 

Also, many of the bugs/game issues in 2014 have been in 2010-2013. So if CM couldn't fix it then, what makes you think that they can fix it now, especially with their development team spread thin between fixing GAS and creating F1 2015? I've heard some people mention that perhaps it's because of the Ego engine limitations or whatever, but CM fully knew that they weren't capable and never intended on spending time/money on a patch