Sign in to follow this  

Patch confirmation?

ReikoRaph said:
Better make 2015, not patch on 2014
No. We deserve a decent patch to correct all the [...] mistakes they made. They had one year to fix all the 2013 issues, add correct engines and sounds, proper game mechanics and so on. 

I paid 50 EUR for this. If they don't patch it, I want 2015 with a 75% discount.

Honestly at this point i would be extremely surprised if we got a patch at all.

Hatta said:
Sorry for the delay of new information everyone. The project manager has finally allowed me to announce that regrettably, there will be no Patch for F1 2014. CM thanks you for all your support. Have a great Christmas and we'll see you in the new year with F1 2015 :smile: 
where was this posted coz its not showing up on hatta profile. if this is genuine then i am disgusted. hope codemasters end up like caterham f1 - finished.
I don't want a patch to be honest every time their's a patch it makes the cars stupid in term's of handing with more more glitches than it fixes. Lap times with a 11-11 glitch, with absolutely no creativity in setups from every game since F1 2011. Oh Caterham are racing in Abu Dhaubi by the way but It's sad murussia are not there :( 

Wow, I'm not usually one to complain, butttt........ I just read that Ubisoft is working on Patch #3 for the new Assassins Creed game which has only been out a week.  Just sayin...

By now, I think it's safe to say there won't be any patch.

Total silence here on the forums, apart from Hatta updating us with... nothing.

On twitter, Steve Hood aka T4RG4, has been dodging every single question about this.

So...

Let's just live with the big crap CM took on our heads.

Occasionally come in to look at this thread and have a laugh at all the speculation and panic, but starting to get despondent a teeny bit meself now.

Luke was posting daily in October, but just one post this month 9 days ago.

Steve leaving - can't really comment except that to an outsider he did seem to have his head buried in the sand, but no-one knows what pressures he's had. 

Whatever, please don't leave us alone Codies. We love your game, just not enjoying getting lapped by people with Power Assisted Drive (or P.A.D. for short).  Please don't let project P.A.T.C.H. (Pad Assisted Traction-Codies Howler) fall by the wayside :'(

The only thing that actually needs a fix is balancing the difference between pad users and wheel users. (Though I don't feel too sorry for some wheel users considering a lot of them were very snobbish when the wheel had the advantage). But people like to blow things out of proportion this day and age. With the exception of perhaps the side pod glitch there isn't any actual "bugs" in the game. Most of the things people mention are just general improvements that will be worked on from game to game anyway. The new gen versions should be the major upgrade considering that the limit has been reached on old gen consoles and it still baffles me that people were expecting big changes between 2013 and 2014.

The only thing that actually needs a fix is balancing the difference between pad users and wheel users. (Though I don't feel too sorry for some wheel users considering a lot of them were very snobbish when the wheel had the advantage). But people like to blow things out of proportion this day and age. With the exception of perhaps the side pod glitch there isn't any actual "bugs" in the game. Most of the things people mention are just general improvements that will be worked on from game to game anyway. The new gen versions should be the major upgrade considering that the limit has been reached on old gen consoles and it still baffles me that people were expecting big changes between 2013 and 2014.

I didn't expect any big changes in 2014 and what we did get I am more than happy with. However, wht I didn't expect was to see such a  big advantage handed to one set of players over another. It's bad enough in the dry but in the wet it's impossible to have a fair race making league play very difficult without removing the dynamic weather option completely.

There also seems to be a 'slow car bug' issue again. Several in the league I play in have now reported finding this which again is something that needs fixing.

can someone actually name the top 3 bugs that NEED to be fixed?
That's subjective of course and actually a good question - how much do we really need to sort us out before 2015? From online perspective perhaps:-

1) Pad getting traction control even when it's switched off.
2) Not making you put on your quali tyres.
3) The game is switching people's wheels off randomly pre-quali, pre-race or on start grid.

I think the first one is giving them the resourcing headache, but I don't see how people will trust them enough to buy 2015 if that's not sorted.

can someone actually name the top 3 bugs that NEED to be fixed?o
That's subjective of course and actually a good question - how much do we really need to sort us out before 2015? From online perspective perhaps:-

1) Pad getting traction control even when it's switched off.
2) Not making you put on your quali tyres.
3) The game is switching people's wheels off randomly pre-quali, pre-race or on start grid.

I think the first one is giving them the resourcing headache, but I don't see how people will trust them enough to buy 2015 if that's not sorted.

Wheels randomly freezing has happened since 2011 with all fanatec make, iI've never heard of it happen with other manufacturers 

ReikoRaph said:
Better make 2015, not patch on 2014
No. We deserve a decent patch to correct all the [...] mistakes they made. They had one year to fix all the 2013 issues, add correct engines and sounds, proper game mechanics and so on. 

I paid 50 EUR for this. If they don't patch it, I want 2015 with a 75% discount.
No, i too bought this game and dont need the patch.

All those saying they don't need a patch: I'm 100% sure that you only play the boring career mode.

Grow some balls, play against real people, and realize what we're talking about.

aktisti said:
All those saying they don't need a patch: I'm 100% sure that you only play the boring career mode.

Grow some balls, play against real people, and realize what we're talking about.
100%? Ok whatever.

What difference does it make if they are playing career mode? They might be fed up of people ramming, can't commit to a league time and day. 

There are indeed  issues to sort in regards to online. The major thing being pad and wheel balancing. But telling people to "grow some balls" and play online is both rather offensive and utterly stupid. Especially considering unless you're in a league (which a lot of people don't have time for because they have other more important things in their lives than being a make believe racing driver) then you won't get the best experience out of it for obvious reasons. The elitist attitude doesn't do anyone or anything any good.