Sign in to follow this  

Patch confirmation?

What good does someone who don't need the patch do by coming here and saying he doesn't need?

If you're good with the game, why even bother to post? Trying to prove everyone else wrong?

aktisti said:
What good does someone who don't need the patch do by coming here and saying he doesn't need?

If you're good with the game, why even bother to post? Trying to prove everyone else wrong?

Actually it makes a lot of sense NOT to patch if you don't believe a patch is necessary, because 1 patch can break the game for everyone for an extended period if done incorrectly.

If you look at it from Cm's perspective, there are maybe 20 or so people on here demanding a patch. If that patch goes through and has a 0.1% chance of ruining the game for 200,000 people, the vast majority of which aren't on here complaining about needing a patch, does it make sense to do a patch ?

IMO patches should be there for dealing with game breaking issues like corrupt saves. Yes, if there is other minor stuff that needs to be done then fine, do it at the same time, but don't do patches unless they are necessary, because no-one wants a broken game.

dirt3joe said:

If you look at it from Cm's perspective, there are maybe 20 or so people on here demanding a patch. 
On PRL alone, we have over 100 people demanding a patch.....  I can tell you're not a league racer....

dirt3joe said:

If you look at it from Cm's perspective, there are maybe 20 or so people on here demanding a patch. 
On PRL alone, we have over 100 people demanding a patch.....  I can tell you're not a league racer....

and also the fact that 21k people have viewed this thread tells you something. there 9k people in the xbox live leaderboards for f1 2014 and id imagine ps3 is similar and probably a small number on pc along with people who bought the game who dont have internet. so surely based on that the game has no more than 50k sold(definatly less than 100k).

the main issues that need fixing which ruin the fun in multiplayer and single player are:
1 - ABS off is to easy hence mario cart driving through corners
2 - pad traction control needs to be turned off
3 - wheel needs to have less highspeed grip(otherwise wheel will be op after pad traction is turned off)
4 - sidepod glitch ruins multiplayer

and because of this i play the game twice a week for 2 league races. 

dirt3joe said:

So what is it they are demanding is patched and why aren't they here if it's that important to them ?

dirt3joe said:
Actually it makes a lot of sense NOT to patch if you don't believe a patch is necessary, because 1 patch can break the game for everyone for an extended period if done incorrectly.
How selfish is this statement? Not fixing an ongoing issue that makes people literally shelve the game because it might, eventually, with very bad luck, break something else for you?

aktisti said:
dirt3joe said:
How selfish is this statement? Not fixing an ongoing issue that makes people literally shelve the game because it might, eventually, with very bad luck, break something else for you?
Of course it isn't selfish. Someone who currently is enjoying the game would claim that anyone who wanted it patched at risk to their enjoyment is being selfish, so the argument holds no moral high ground. Even if that risk is very small, the number of users satisfied is clearly large, so that balances out. It's the total bad/good done that counts, not what any single individual wants.

Calling actions "selfish" is useless, because its just trying to make them emotionally driven or motivated, when they should be judged simply in terms of cost benefit analysis to the overall good.

I'm sure that when Cm decide whether or not they are going to do a patch they take into account lots of factors, so things like how bad the current issues are, how many there are, how many people are complaining, what the cost is, what the risk is to the current userbase in doing the patch, plus probably many more that I don't know about. That's the correct and rational way to decide whether to proceed or not.

dirt3joe said:
Of course it isn't selfish. Someone who currently is enjoying the game would claim that anyone who wanted it patched at risk to their enjoyment is being selfish, so the argument holds no moral high ground. Even if that risk is very small, the number of users satisfied is clearly large, so that balances out. It's the total bad/good done that counts, not what any single individual wants.

Calling actions "selfish" is useless, because its just trying to make them emotionally driven or motivated, when they should be judged simply in terms of cost benefit analysis to the overall good.

I'm sure that when Cm decide whether or not they are going to do a patch they take into account lots of factors, so things like how bad the current issues are, how many there are, how many people are complaining, what the cost is, what the risk is to the current userbase in doing the patch, plus probably many more that I don't know about. That's the correct and rational way to decide whether to proceed or not.
What you are saying is totally nonsense dude. Is this the philosophy you adopt in your life? To leave problems as they are with fear of causing more problems? Such a poor thinking.

They have to fix what they did wrong. Period. If, by their own incompetence, they break something else, it's another battle to fight. If that happens to affect you, will you just sit and keep your current opinion?

aktisti said:
dirt3joe said:

What you are saying is totally nonsense dude. Is this the philosophy you adopt in your life? To leave problems as they are with fear of causing more problems? Such a poor thinking.

They have to fix what they did wrong. Period. If, by their own incompetence, they break something else, it's another battle to fight. If that happens to affect you, will you just sit and keep your current opinion?
No, it's the difference between someone who has the experience of actually creating and developing software and hardware and someone who hasn't.

Yes, I will leave a problem as it is if it is not causing serious issues. Because if something isn't broken, you don't try to fix it, because in doing so you may make things worse.

"They have to fix what they did wrong" : I've already asked others, what is it that you think they did wrong ? I looked in this thread to try to find out what you think they should fix, but didn't find it - please point it out.

And yes I would complain bitterly if they implemented a fix for something that I thought was unimportant that ended up breaking the game completely for me and thousands of others. Besides the logic of the argument,  that's also my opinion, and in my country at least I'm entitled to it.

dirt3joe said:

No, it's the difference between someone who has the experience of actually creating and developing software and hardware and someone who hasn't.

Yes, I will leave a problem as it is if it is not causing serious issues. Because if something isn't broken, you don't try to fix it, because in doing so you may make things worse.

"They have to fix what they did wrong" : I've already asked others, what is it that you think they did wrong ? I looked in this thread to try to find out what you think they should fix, but didn't find it - please point it out.

And yes I would complain bitterly if they implemented a fix for something that I thought was unimportant that ended up breaking the game completely for me and thousands of others. Besides the logic of the argument,  that's also my opinion, and in my country at least I'm entitled to it.
Seriously man, are you really discrediting every report on this 10-page, 20k+ views thread? Sounds like you have not been part of this from the beginning.

And by the way, I'm a software developer myself and I never heard of this loser method of yours. Here we fix things, and if we break other things in the process, we fix them too.

And all you're saying just confirms my point that you're being selfish. You are expressely using the words "I thought was unimportant" and "break the game completely for me".

No one here ever asked for your side of the game to be broken. we asked for ours to be fixed.

aktisti said:
dirt3joe said:

Seriously man, are you really discrediting every report on this 10-page, 20k+ views thread? Sounds like you have not been part of this from the beginning.

And by the way, I'm a software developer myself and I never heard of this loser method of yours. Here we fix things, and if we break other things in the process, we fix them too.

And all you're saying just confirms my point that you're being selfish. You are expressely using the words "I thought was unimportant" and "break the game completely for me".

No one here ever asked for your side of the game to be broken. we asked for ours to be fixed.
You still haven't pointed out the game breaking issue that needs to be fixed.

If you are a software developer then you should know better.

You continue to use arguments like "you're selfish" ie emotive and subjective. You could argue like that all day, because one persons opinion is different to anothers and they are both equally valid. It doesn't change anything and is a waste of time. The only thing that changes the debate is objective points, of which you've provided none. If you want to persuade people what you want is justified you need to come up with better points than "you're selfish". 

I agree you didn't ask for the game to be broken, but then that is a possibility that could happen if your wishes are carried out. So the net effect is the same.

dirt3joe said:

You continue to use arguments like "you're selfish" ie emotive and subjective. You could argue like that all day, because one persons opinion is different to anothers and they are both equally valid. It doesn't change anything and is a waste of time. The only thing that changes the debate is objective points, of which you've provided none. If you want to persuade people what you want is justified you need to come up with better points than "you're selfish". 

I agree you didn't ask for the game to be broken, but then that is a possibility that could happen if your wishes are carried out. So the net effect is the same.
I'm not going to point out, just for you, what's been discussed and pointed out tirelessly for a whole month on this thread, which you clearly didn't bother to read. Everything has been laid out on the table.

aktisti said:
dirt3joe said:

I'm not going to point out, just for you, what's been discussed and pointed out tirelessly for a whole month on this thread, which you clearly didn't bother to read. Everything has been laid out on the table.
Nice. So you don't seem to like people taking a different viewpoint to you, call them selfish when they do or say they are not entitled to have an opinion, then refuse to state what your viewpoint actually is.

You won't be surprised to learn that you haven't persuaded me to support your efforts.

Best of luck getting what you want - you'll need it.

dirt3joe said:
Nice. So you don't seem to like people taking a different viewpoint to you, call them selfish when they do or say they are not entitled to have an opinion, then refuse to state what your viewpoint actually is.

You won't be surprised to learn that you haven't persuaded me to support your efforts.

Best of luck getting what you want - you'll need it.
Since when I asked for your support? If anything, I asked for everyone who feel the game is good as it is, to not interfere with everybody elses effort.

soooo.... will we see a patch? or just more ship jumping?
when's the last time hatta was here... maybe he left too?

niblips said:
soooo.... will we see a patch? or just more ship jumping?
when's the last time hatta was here... maybe he left too?
Why would anyone leave Hatta's job?

*Read people raging about the state of the game.
*Say some stuff about passing it on to devs
*Pickup the paycheck.

No-one's jumping that ship, not in a million years. Would you quit that job? I wouldn't.

dirt3joe said:

Ditto here at playstationGL. Just praying the ship ain't a sinkin here, it's never been so quiet pre-patch as this.

Burnnie said:
Have there been any indication that a patch is forthcoming?
Hatta said the following:

"Nothing's been confirmed guys. I haven't been told internally that there's no patch, so I don't think I'd have tweeted that...
There are still on-going discussions regarding all this. As always, I'll let you know of any developments as they happen."

I wish they would just hurry up and announce that there won't be a patch.

Then we can all be outraged.

Screw CM.. bunch of theiving cunts releasing this broken piece of shit game. I don't wanna play with assists on when I use a pad. You think word of mouth is on your side here?

@fantic: It's actually very common for games to go on sale price within a month. I seem to recall Skyrim (one of the best selling and highly regarded games of the old generation) went half price just three weeks after release. And with the christmas season approaching it is to be expected to see the summer release games on offer. Even this week in the Xbox store, Shadow of Mordor which was released the same week as F1 2014 has gone half price. The new Call of Duty has also been on offer at some stores. The brand new Sunset Overdrive game was even free for a day! A very desperate attempt at bashing CM.

@Tbone: I don't think the term for a game that works absolutely fine is "broken". The term for willfully parting with your money in exchange for goods is not "robbed" either funnily enough.

The pad assists argument is very stale now since there are more stories of wheel users being quicker than pad users on some tracks or that some are finding more pace. Have people considered that the new physics with no traction control on isn't possible on the pad? There's much less control in a little stick than there is in a full wheel. It's possible that no traction using a stick is completely undriveable and thus they have accommodated for that.

That being said, I wish for wheel and pad to be as perfectly balanced as possible. For those honest wheel racers that want a fair race I hope there is a solution, whether it be some clever setup option in the game or a patch. I won't deny however that I'm taking a perverse delight in seeing some of the more snobby wheel users whinging about not having an advantage this time.