Sign in to follow this  

Patch confirmation?

I thought what the post said was pretty clear in meaning but I guess it wasn't simple for everyone...
What if, pre-release the physics were exactly the same on wheel and pad but during testing they found that on pad the cars were undriveable with no traction control. And so to compensate they gave the pad a 'hidden' assist before release to make it actually playable for pad users; which may come as a shock to the ignorant, but actually make up the vast majority of players. Simple yes? Theoretical, but possible.
Didn't even mention about not being able to handle no traction control so I don't really know where you've pulled that insult from. At least I assume it's an insult going by context, though I'm finding it difficult to take being called an angry ball of meat as a slight. I find it amusing more than anything since it's more insulting to your own intelligence that you're resorting to such responses.

niblips said:
Hello? CodeMasters? Is anyone there?
Can we get a decision on this now?
They've all pissed of mate to count the money we paid for this bugged game that won't receive a patch!!!! This forum is dead!!!

niblips said:
Hello? CodeMasters? Is anyone there?
Can we get a decision on this now?
With Steve Hood gone, I guess there isn't anyone left to make a decision about a patch?  It is mind boggling that a company would leave a product in such a broken state (Wheel vs Gamepad), but I'm starting to realize that's exactly what they're going to do.  We're 2 months post release, and there's been no word of a patch.  In past releases, they've already released a dozen (PC) patches by this point, and have got the game in a workable state.

Does no one at Codemasters realize that giving us no information at all is actually worse than telling us there will be no patch?  I feel they're just continually tarnishing their reputation with moves like this, and even an amazing F1 2015 might not be enough to get some F1 fans back on the Codemasters bandwagon.

so no patch?
are you serious?
there's atleast 4 tracks where the tires aren't even right.
can we get EA back to developing this game?

oogiee said:
so no patch?
are you serious?
Slightly off topic but does anyone know how reliable VGChartz is for numbers of copies sold of a certain game. If its correct then looking at the numbers sold of F1 2014 I doubt Codies will be keeping the license much longer.

APR193 said:
oogiee said:
so no patch?
are you serious?
Slightly off topic but does anyone know how reliable VGChartz is for numbers of copies sold of a certain game. If its correct then looking at the numbers sold of F1 2014 I doubt Codies will be keeping the license much longer.
Something I take an interest in. I have heard before that the charts sales figures do not reflect all of the true sales figures because they exclude certain channels. However, maybe they are proportionate - ie if a game used to sell 1 million and it now sells 0.1 million that represents a 10 fold decrease that might well reflects the actual decrease, if not the absolute numbers.

You therefore only have to look at the sales figures for Grid 2, GA, F1 2014 against say F1 2011-2013 Dirt1-3, Grid etc to ask some searching questions.

Change is one of those things where you have to be careful what you wish for. In some respects if a new developer was to take over the licence at some point that could be a good thing, or maybe bad, depending on your perspective. For example, a new developer might decide to make the experience more arcade orientated than the simcade experience it is at the moment. I wouldn't be happy with that, as at the moment for me the games strikes a good balance between the two. My guess is the people who would want a more arcade experience never make it to this site.

Anon848 said:
Or maybe a new developer will  know how to code both types of handling models into the game, many others have a 'arcade' and 'simulation' handling mode, it's nothing new these days and if many others have done it, it can't be too hard to implement, this keeps everyone happy from the casual gamer to the sim racer  ( in theory )

I just love the irony of the company being called "codemasters"  implying they are "the masters of code"  yet here we are with a relatively under developed, buggy game  carrying over the problems from it's predecessors.

oops. 

Well, I differ there, I like the latest games. GA I think deserved better, it's a decent racer and a lot of fun. I don't think it's easy to appreciate the difficulty of managing the transition from 1 gen to the next. They like all developers have many many years of legacy code wrapped up in old gen and replicating that must be hard work. "Something" felt not quite right in F1 2014 release. It was late coming. I got the impression there were some major decisions going on in the background - maybe about even whether it should be released or whether it would be next gen or this gen. Let's hope the extra time they have means F1 2015 or whatever is a very significant advance on what we have now and benefits from the extra polish.

Anon848 said:
I appreciate the difficulty, but the problem is there's a lot of companies doing a better job, some with less resources so we can use it as a benchmark, they aren't doing good enough.

Can we all start getting with the times now when we refer to "next gen" ? I assume you don't mean the PS5.

The PS4 is now the current 'gen'

the PS3 is old/last gen

Like who ?

Anon848 said:
 I don't think it's easy to appreciate the difficulty of managing the transition from 1 gen to the next. 

quite a few  of them.  have a look.
I don't see anyone doing a better job with less resources. I see Playground on console, who may or may not - they have the resource backing of Turn10 and microsoft of course. Driveclub is owned by Sony, as is GT. Project Cars hasn't been released yet, so no one can really comment as to whether it's better. I don't see any similar alternatives on PS3 or Xbox 360. There are many games available on PC, but none cross platform like the CM offerings.

I'm on PS3, probably moving to Xbox 1. Who do you think is doing a better job ? Because if they are I want to buy their current game if it is better than the CM offerings. 

Anon848 said:
I think we can all agree project cars is better even from the WIP video's on youtube.

I didn't know you were being specific to racing games when you commented, i get your point though
I don't agree its better until I play it. Videos can hide a wealth of bugs. Glad you see what I'm getting at.

In turn I can see that a lot of people have been disappointed with F1 14  which seems pretty low effort IMO. The only thing to console people is that maybe that additional effort has been pushed into F1 15. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

dirt3joe said:
Anon848 said:
Or maybe a new developer will  know how to code both types of handling models into the game, many others have a 'arcade' and 'simulation' handling mode, it's nothing new these days and if many others have done it, it can't be too hard to implement, this keeps everyone happy from the casual gamer to the sim racer  ( in theory )

I just love the irony of the company being called "codemasters"  implying they are "the masters of code"  yet here we are with a relatively under developed, buggy game  carrying over the problems from it's predecessors.

oops. 

Well, I differ there, I like the latest games. GA I think deserved better, it's a decent racer and a lot of fun. I don't think it's easy to appreciate the difficulty of managing the transition from 1 gen to the next. They like all developers have many many years of legacy code wrapped up in old gen and replicating that must be hard work. "Something" felt not quite right in F1 2014 release. It was late coming. I got the impression there were some major decisions going on in the background - maybe about even whether it should be released or whether it would be next gen or this gen. Let's hope the extra time they have means F1 2015 or whatever is a very significant advance on what we have now and benefits from the extra polish.

I agree I think it's even harder for CM too given they've only got a small team to do it with. With Steve leaving that's bound to shake things up a bit too. Big companies like EA make tons of money anjd have big teams working for them so transitions can be done easily and seamlessly. A good example is that Konami with PES waited a year before releasing to the new consoles whereas EA were able to move onto them straight away with Fifa 14. unfortunately CM are small time compared to those companies so it's going to be harder on them.

that patch would have been for the xbox, not the game.
they are "still deciding" on a patch.... at least that was the last official word. 
Personally i'm hoping for Santa to bring it to me on Christmas morning. That's much more likely to happen i think....

I wonder if there will be a new forum again before 2015 comes out...... just so all these posts "disappear"

...still no official word on a patch. And Luke Spring (hatta) hasn't even bothered to log on here since Dec 9th.
What a joke.

LGS469 said:
@justbiglee‌ @Loore‌ any news on a patch for f1 2014?
There is no patch coming.

Have to agree after 2 months of nothing being said looks like yet again codies are more than happy for us all to have a broken game (in some areas) and before ppl say well told you so it still doesnt make it right! The way cm treat the customers that buy there games every year is shocking really if you think about who will actually be buying the 2015 game. I said it before but if codies dont blow us all away with 15 (including future support) I can honestly see them going under very soon as who wants a game that isnt fun to play? 

When close to 2015 release, we should organize a boycott campaign. They are never going to learn until we hurt their pockets.

aktisti said:
When close to 2015 release, we should organize a boycott campaign. They are never going to learn until we hurt their pockets.
No need to organise a boycott, their sales figures show that the boycott has been ongoing for years. 

Anon848 said:
aktisti said:

Won't work, all the people who post here complaining are only a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things, even if it worked and everyone made a bit of noise, it wouldn't be enough to change anything, and besides, they would do what they do best, ignore you all until you went away and they released something new and shiny to 'dazzle' everyone with 
I agree that we're a drop in the ocean, but our views are also representative of the vast majority. 

For example, we complain about pad traction control. Codemasters choses to ignore it. Joe Public with pad in hand comes along and buys the game looking forward to the menacing handling of those 1.6 turbos. He loads the game up, floors it out of every corner and sticks it straight on EBay. One sale (indirectly) lost. There are only a few of us, but there are thousands upon thousands of him. Codies don't get it!

Anon848 said:
aktisti said:

Won't work, all the people who post here complaining are only a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things, even if it worked and everyone made a bit of noise, it wouldn't be enough to change anything, and besides, they would do what they do best, ignore you all until you went away and they released something new and shiny to 'dazzle' everyone with 
I agree that we're a drop in the ocean, but our views are also representative of the vast majority. 

For example, we complain about pad traction control. Codemasters choses to ignore it. Joe Public with pad in hand comes along and buys the game looking forward to the menacing handling of those 1.6 turbos. He loads the game up, floors it out of every corner and sticks it straight on EBay. One sale (indirectly) lost. There are only a few of us, but there are thousands upon thousands of him. Codies don't get it!
Maybe that's what Joe Public wants. After all need for speed sells a fair amount. I think you overestimate how much effort most people are willing to put into a game. Sure they want some challenge but they don't want it that difficult. I think the reason sales may be low is because 14 does not offer anything significantly different from 13, 12 or 11 (in fact imo it offers much less than 13).

If the pad behaviour is changed my prediction would be that there will be as many people who will come on here complaining about the change in pad behaviour as there are people complaining about the wheel vs. pad behaviour at the moment. It's not really a winnable situation for CM IMO. The only way to do it would be to have two different pad modes, the old one, and a new one. And of course the new one has to be verified for every single track to verify that it is a "very similar" performance to the wheel, which would no doubt be a huge amount of work.

I would maintain that it is impossible to get the wheel and pad exactly balanced, and that the only definitive solution is to make it so that people who race together are either all on pad or all on wheel.