Jump to content Jump to content

Patch confirmation?


Recommended Posts

TMDol said:
Hughesy said:
It does take a while to find the cause of the problems, and then find a fix for them. As much as some people believe, games can't be fixed just like that. Yes it's frustrating when something doesn't work as it should, but believe it or not the people that make the game feel the same way. They want to make it perfect but sometimes things slip through the net, and when it does they want to fix it. Maybe not as much work was put into this game as they focus on 2015, but the people that did work on it, want it to work as intended ;)

After saying that, I would really like two things to be changed/fixed. First wet weather pace for AI is way too quick, and the Williams has a Renualt engine ingame instead of a Merc. Luckily I can change that myself on PC but I'd like an official fix o:)
I think most people accept the time frame needed to fix the issues. It's when the SAME issues from last year start slipping through that the frustration grows because it means that they either ignored the issue or missed the issue entirely which are both pretty unprofessional. Whilst many go over the top with criticism, a lot of it is very justified.
Yea I can't disagree with that. It might be an engine problem that can't be fixed. Let's hope if they are indeed starting a fresh with F1 15 that these same problems don't happen. :#This engine was made way before they had the F1 license, so maybe they know about some of these things but try to find ways around them. I just hope they've been working on an engine that was made for F1, as they seem to be in a good place to keep the licence for a long time.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
TMDol said:
Hughesy said:
It does take a while to find the cause of the problems, and then find a fix for them. As much as some people believe, games can't be fixed just like that. Yes it's frustrating when something doesn't work as it should, but believe it or not the people that make the game feel the same way. They want to make it perfect but sometimes things slip through the net, and when it does they want to fix it. Maybe not as much work was put into this game as they focus on 2015, but the people that did work on it, want it to work as intended ;)

After saying that, I would really like two things to be changed/fixed. First wet weather pace for AI is way too quick, and the Williams has a Renualt engine ingame instead of a Merc. Luckily I can change that myself on PC but I'd like an official fix o:)
I think most people accept the time frame needed to fix the issues. It's when the SAME issues from last year start slipping through that the frustration grows because it means that they either ignored the issue or missed the issue entirely which are both pretty unprofessional. Whilst many go over the top with criticism, a lot of it is very justified.
Yea I can't disagree with that. It might be an engine problem that can't be fixed. Let's hope if they are indeed starting a fresh with F1 15 that these same problems don't happen. :#This engine was made way before they had the F1 license, so maybe they know about some of these things but try to find ways around them. I just hope they've been working on an engine that was made for F1, as they seem to be in a good place to keep the licence for a long time.
Yeah I agree the Ego was shared with other types of games though not just racing though as I think they used it on the Operation Flashpoint games too. Now that CM focus exclusively on racing games hopefully they can develop that engine to cater for it and be able to make things work without too many issues,
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanorak said:
@hatta plz whilst you're here can you answer this, does the dev team know the Williams has a Renault engine and not a Mercedes engine like in real life? and if so how can that be possible, its bordering on amateur
How do you know that?

@hughesy told me about it, a guy on race department noticed that on the game database the Williams had a Renault engine instead of the Mercedes engine that it should have. I think they have sorted it themselves (on @Racedepartment)  on the pc version but cant access online until codemasters fix it officially. Feel free to go check yourself as I was in utter disbelief also when it was dropped in here yesterday yet nobody seems to be talking about it. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanorak said:
@hatta plz whilst you're here can you answer this, does the dev team know the Williams has a Renault engine and not a Mercedes engine like in real life? and if so how can that be possible, its bordering on amateur
How do you know that?

@hughesy told me about it, a guy on race department noticed that on the game database the Williams had a Renault engine instead of the Mercedes engine that it should have. I think they have sorted it themselves (on @Racedepartment)  on the pc version but cant access online until codemasters fix it officially. Feel free to go check yourself as I was in utter disbelief also when it was dropped in here yesterday yet nobody seems to be talking about it. 
How can something like that be missed? surely that would only be missed if they.....were....rushing.....the.........Game out!!!!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanorak said:
@hatta plz whilst you're here can you answer this, does the dev team know the Williams has a Renault engine and not a Mercedes engine like in real life? and if so how can that be possible, its bordering on amateur
How do you know that?
Because I've seen the database, I can't link to the mod that shows the info as its against the t&c but it's on racedepartment as @SamuelTrautman‌ has just wrote ;) I like the game but that's a really bad mistake lol
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanorak said:
after all the noise about the livery on the Williams, the steering wheel on the Williams and the non martini advertising you'd think they'd get the engine right lol >:)
Basically it isn't even a Williams its a frankenstein car......not very official

I mailed you the link to racedepartment go check it out, if you're on pc version there is a fix already there although you cant use online functions of the game
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanorak said:
after all the noise about the livery on the Williams, the steering wheel on the Williams and the non martini advertising you'd think they'd get the engine right lol >:)
Basically it isn't even a Williams its a frankenstein car......not very official

I mailed you the link to racedepartment go check it out, if you're on pc version there is a fix already there although you cant use online functions of the game
Has anyone told Steve Hood? or anyone at Codies?
Link to post
Share on other sites
its funny, a guy on racedepartment Martin Larsen has basically found most database faults with the game and fixed them all in the space of a week, why on earth do codies not headhunt this guy and give him 2 weeks with the game when they are finished and let him go through the whole code like an editor and fix all these amateur mistakes
Link to post
Share on other sites
its funny, a guy on racedepartment Martin Larsen has basically found most database faults with the game and fixed them all in the space of a week, why on earth do codies not headhunt this guy and give him 2 weeks with the game when they are finished and let him go through the whole code like an editor and fix all these amateur mistakes
Makes sense to have someone that is coming from online community angle to at least get a Beta version to help with issues pre release
Link to post
Share on other sites
its funny, a guy on racedepartment Martin Larsen has basically found most database faults with the game and fixed them all in the space of a week, why on earth do codies not headhunt this guy and give him 2 weeks with the game when they are finished and let him go through the whole code like an editor and fix all these amateur mistakes
B/c he's not located in Pune India, duh!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hatta said:
We've yet to release any information on a potential patch yet. I'll keep you updated with any info I can pass on.

Hatta said:
Sadly I do not have much to up date you with. We're looking into the feedback posted here and on our social channels. I'll let you know of any developments when I can.

Sorry I'm being so vague, but there's nothing else I can confirm right now.
Looks like you are not understanding what you need to do to make the game better. May be more play yours game ?
Again in 100500 times, why F1 2010-2011 looks like a real F1 game, but 2012-2013-2014 impossible to play without swearword ?
Link to post
Share on other sites
its funny, a guy on racedepartment Martin Larsen has basically found most database faults with the game and fixed them all in the space of a week, why on earth do codies not headhunt this guy and give him 2 weeks with the game when they are finished and let him go through the whole code like an editor and fix all these amateur mistakes

very good point but i feel it will fall on deaf ears where codies are concerned............codemasters indeed....what a joke !!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hatta said:
We've yet to release any information on a potential patch yet. I'll keep you updated with any info I can pass on.
When that codemasters will solve the problem of f1 2014? This game is a disgrace. Cars are flying, and now lags absurd people are having problems with wheel traction. Impossible to control the car. If it was only one problem all right, but it's a lot of problems while the game is crap and only charge you disrespect all those who bought the game. This is to be solved now, today, yesterday and not only stay on top of f1 2015.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...