Sign in to follow this  

Same mistakes every year

Why do we have same mistakes from Codemaster every year?
Why do they always release a buggy game then patch it afterwards?
Why lying that F1 2014 will be the best title of all when in truth its the worse game since 2010?
Why selling half finished product even without last years features like classic cars and tracks at full price?
Why does Steve Hood feels no shame for ripping us off and lying about 2014?

What you should have done is say the truth from the start!
Say, we will put 10% effort in making new skins and sounds and two new tracks. Cause thats what you have done. Oh and removed Classic content.
You should have charged 20$ max for the game.

Just be honest and say the truth, dont overcharge your games when you put so little effort in it, be realistic and then you wont feel the rage from us  ripped off fans.

I highly doubt this was Steve's decision this would most likely have come from the top the CM boardroom decisions like that are made at the top level he just leads the team and uses the resources he has to the best of his ability I think. I don't know for certain but that is the feeling I get

Why does Steve Hood feels no shame for ripping us off and lying about 2014?

Why get so personal? Most games start at £40. We knew there was no classic content months ago. You state 10% effort, what are you talking about? The effort that goes into these games is and any game of that matter is huge. All Codemasters try and do is the best they can under some tight time schedules and difficult limiting circumstances (FIA/legal stuff etc). Nearly all games have patches these days, nearly every game. It's a good thing in my opinion as you cannot test everything in these games under the time frame they have.

I can understand your frustration that some of the same issues are arising, but you've gone to far to start questioning effort and assuming that Steve Hood is lying. As if you know anything about what goes on behind the scenes. Take a break and chill the fudge out, you sound far too angry over a computer game.

Well TC, I hope like me you've not given them your money this year.  I bought the last 3 F1 games on launch day, this time I've learned my lesson and I've not bought it and the more I hear about it, the more that decision seems to be the right one.

Seniku said:
Well TC, I hope like me you've not given them your money this year.  I bought the last 3 F1 games on launch day, this time I've learned my lesson and I've not bought it and the more I hear about it, the more that decision seems to be the right one.

That all depends on what you play with, if you play with a wheel then you've made the wrong one. Yes still a few old frustrating faults, like, AI have far to much pace in the wet and running with TC. Did singapore 50% race in the force india on expert finished 9th then played back the replay, stunning, more tv replay cams in there now, a very enjoyable experience indeed.

automa said:
Seniku said:

That all depends on what you play with, if you play with a wheel then you've made the wrong one. Yes still a few old frustrating faults, like, AI have far to much pace in the wet and running with TC. Did singapore 50% race in the force india on expert finished 9th then played back the replay, stunning, more tv replay cams in there now, a very enjoyable experience indeed.

Agree it's a pretty good game, i guess everyones frustrated because theres so much room for improvement which seems so easy to do but maybe it isn't.

A mate of mine mentioned employees in this field move around a lot so probably the staff working on 2014 are different to 2013, you would think that with the same bugs creeping through each year