Sign in to follow this  

Pace times AI Legend vs Expert

Hi, I started a new career season with wheel, no assists and Legend. I choosed Lotus and in Melbourne I did a time 1.5 seconds slower than the last driver. In the race, Hamilton overtaked me 2 times, and the last driver 1 time. In racenet I do good times, in the top 20, the last year I think Legend was a bit easy. I tryed Expert and the times vs Legends in Malasia are the following:
1rst 1:45
18st 1:48
last 1:49

Legend:
1rst 1:41
18st 1:44
last 1:47

I think 4 seconds slower are too much gap. I think 2 seconds slower with each mode are enough.

I only done one race on Expert and won the race a bit to easily but looking at these gaps if I move up to legendary the AI might be to fast!

In my first race I had the same issues as well and used the same settings as you. I think the issues are that the wheel without traction control lacks pace against the AI which dont seem to have any aids at all. Also on career the other cars are fully developed unlike the users one. 

I guess with some practice we'll get to the Legend AI's pace 

Agree the pace is way to much for the 1 difficulty level. I've done few races now on expert and starting to get few pole's and wins in the ferrari (coop) which I dont want tbh but we not fast enough to stick with the legend AI in the race so bit stuck  :( I can race on gp mode and be very close with the AI but when the car lacks upgrades im a sec slower on some tracks. I cant understand why we only have 5 options for the AI when there is such a big gap between ppl who play racing games! Not saying legend is to quick as I think ill be able to do season 2 against them just think the jump between all options is to much. Id like 10 options (2015) each being a sec quicker, least that way the best ppl on here can race AI and the worst can still fight for wins. Still think codies have done a good job with the AI this year and hopefully make them quicker and ALOT more aggresive next year!

Could codies maybe up the pace by a sec for expert with a patch or is that not possible? Might help a few that are struggling to match the legend AI

In my first race I had the same issues as well and used the same settings as you. I think the issues are that the wheel without traction control lacks pace against the AI which dont seem to have any aids at all. Also on career the other cars are fully developed unlike the users one. 

I guess with some practice we'll get to the Legend AI's pace 
I don't think so. Half or one second is possible, but gain 2 or 3 seconds per lap is impossible, doing top times in racenet...

vtidixon said:

Agree the pace is way to much for the 1 difficulty level. I've done few races now on expert and starting to get few pole's and wins in the ferrari (coop) which I dont want tbh but we not fast enough to stick with the legend AI in the race so bit stuck  :( I can race on gp mode and be very close with the AI but when the car lacks upgrades im a sec slower on some tracks. I cant understand why we only have 5 options for the AI when there is such a big gap between ppl who play racing games! Not saying legend is to quick as I think ill be able to do season 2 against them just think the jump between all options is to much. Id like 10 options (2015) each being a sec quicker, least that way the best ppl on here can race AI and the worst can still fight for wins. Still think codies have done a good job with the AI this year and hopefully make them quicker and ALOT more aggresive next year!

Could codies maybe up the pace by a sec for expert with a patch or is that not possible? Might help a few that are struggling to match the legend AI

Increasing the pace of expert by 1 second would help some but hinder others who it is perfect for right now.
Last year Codies added a new level (expert) in the patch didnt they? Hopefully they can do that again.

Is it realy 4 seconds difference between expert and legend???

That's just one track.  more testing is needed before patching the AI.  four seconds at Malaysia is a lot different than four seconds at Brazil

How the hell do you guys do those lap times,  I have to do amateur because the car is like on ice after 6 to 8 laps on option tyre and I hadn't got the skill you guys have got. 
I just can't go your speeds,  I don't use any assists and cockpit mode.  On previous titles never got past intermediate, I wish I had your problem.  Well done for being so fast,  I will keep trying aha 

OGFedfan said:
That's just one track.  more testing is needed before patching the AI.  four seconds at Malaysia is a lot different than four seconds at Brazil
It was a quick try in Malaysia, i didn't test more but it's simply, do a qualy and make the timer faster in the monitor.

Tomorrow I will start a new career now with a Mclaren testing if is the car...

The problem is that the AI doesn't suffer traction issues, and when the car is under developed its impossible to keep traction.  I started my career with Force India, and the Hulk is flirting with top 5s a good 1s better a lap.

I was feeling that I just wasn't any good until I saw Noble on youtube.  He is also doing a Career on Youtube and is one of the best Drivers of the game, and he was struggling just as I was. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/ARLNoble/videos

Its alot better if you pick a top team because they don't struggle as much with traction, but if you pick a lower tier team good luck!  Also it comes down to if you are using a wheel or not because a pad is equivalent to a wheel with TC on.

gadjet said:
How the hell do you guys do those lap times,  I have to do amateur because the car is like on ice after 6 to 8 laps on option tyre and I hadn't got the skill you guys have got. 
I just can't go your speeds,  I don't use any assists and cockpit mode.  On previous titles never got past intermediate, I wish I had your problem.  Well done for being so fast,  I will keep trying aha 

Most of These guyes Use t-Cam Mode.... Just try it, t- cam I mean, you will Do Legend Times too. I Bet they wouldn't Do These times If they Used real Cockpit view
but stay with Cockpit view cos that's real Racing Anthything Else is Arcade...

Murax said:
gadjet said:

Most of These guyes Use t-Cam Mode.... Just try it, t- cam I mean, you will Do Legend Times too. I Bet they wouldn't Do These times If they Used real Cockpit view
I dont think so.
I drive the same times with t-cam and cockpit.
In 2013 i was a little bit faster with cockpit but i prefered t-cam.
Maybe he is driving with wheel?
Then he should set traction control to medium...its nearly the same with gamepad without assists.
And if he is driving career your times 1.5 sec slower than in gp mode.

Murax said:
gadjet said:

I ever player with cockpit cam in career mode.

I started a new season with Mclaren, and is ANOTHER WORLD.
This time, I qualyfied 11 (button 9), and finished the race 14. Nothing to compare with the last posicion overtaked by everybody with Lotus. All is traction, A.I. don't have loosing grip, so top cars have this aditional plus or less disadvantadge.

s1234 said:
I started a new season with Mclaren, and is ANOTHER WORLD.
This time, I qualyfied 11 (button 9), and finished the race 14. Nothing to compare with the last posicion overtaked by everybody with Lotus. All is traction, A.I. don't have loosing grip, so top cars have this aditional plus or less disadvantadge.
Yep its all about the traction.... they need to make it so the AI has less of it, and all of the issues will be fixed.

Hi, 
I use a fanatec csr wheel,  never any assists but like advised previous might try traction to stop car going all over the place with the slightest of touches on the accelerator. 
Would be great to see any laps you guys do on you tube to see how you must take corners with lap times so low. Might learn what the hell I'm doing wrong being so slow compared to you guys on legend. 
But as I said before I take my hat of to you for guys with those times,  game must be loads better as AI must be better with higher levels?

Using the pad with the wheel override, managed to get the Force India into 7th and then two cars retired from the top five and now running in fifth, expert difficulty. Been lapped by the first and second placed drivers and my team mate in fourth is 1.5 sec quicker. On top of that, I'm defending down the straights just to stay in position with the drivers behind me 0.5 sec quicker. So for me, Expert is challenging enough with Legend just being unfair.

gadjet said:
Hi, 
I use a fanatec csr wheel,  never any assists but like advised previous might try traction to stop car going all over the place with the slightest of touches on the accelerator. 
Would be great to see any laps you guys do on you tube to see how you must take corners with lap times so low. Might learn what the hell I'm doing wrong being so slow compared to you guys on legend. 
But as I said before I take my hat of to you for guys with those times,  game must be loads better as AI must be better with higher levels?
Hi, if you don't choose Force India or higer, its impossible to follow the A.I., is traction, A.I. have perfect traction so you loose time this way.

Anyone else notice the AI pace difference on certain tracks? So far I've found Spain to be the most difficult, on Expert AI I couldn't even make it into Q2 in a McLaren when normally I qualify in the top 6. I just wish the AI difficulty was consistent on every track.

Yes I am actually in the middle of a Spain race, and it is hard. It is expected, to be honest. Some tracks will be easier than they're supposed to be and some will be hard.

In the past though, I have noticed that occasionally the relative difficulty of a track can change based on the difficulty you're playing on.

For example, Malaysia and Korea on Professional (second hardest difficulty) on F1 2012 was extremely easy relative to the other tracks, but on Legend, those tracks were normal pace relative to the other tracks.

TL77 said:
Anyone else notice the AI pace difference on certain tracks? So far I've found Spain to be the most difficult, on Expert AI I couldn't even make it into Q2 in a McLaren when normally I qualify in the top 6. I just wish the AI difficulty was consistent on every track.
In a way id say yes but I think the biggest problem is how much grip the player has on a given track. Spain has always been a track by my standards I flew around and could get pole by 2 sec on last years game (legend) This year on expert I was out in q2 starting p11 for the race. It was all in the 1st sector I was loosing my time as I couldnt get good traction around turn 3! same fo australia 8 tenths in the last sector just because of the last corner, malaysia at the end of sector 2 going up the hill, china leading on to the big straight, the pattern im starting to see is any traction zones the AI are on rails whilst we have to fight the car just to keep it going in a straight line therefore the AI will be quick on any track that has long sweeping corners where you have to balance the throttle to get good drive.

vtidixon said:
TL77 said:
In a way id say yes but I think the biggest problem is how much grip the player has on a given track. Spain has always been a track by my standards I flew around and could get pole by 2 sec on last years game (legend) This year on expert I was out in q2 starting p11 for the race. It was all in the 1st sector I was loosing my time as I couldnt get good traction around turn 3! same fo australia 8 tenths in the last sector just because of the last corner, malaysia at the end of sector 2 going up the hill, china leading on to the big straight, the pattern im starting to see is any traction zones the AI are on rails whilst we have to fight the car just to keep it going in a straight line therefore the AI will be quick on any track that has long sweeping corners where you have to balance the throttle to get good drive.
Yes this is the key. Tracks that have hard braking and low corners like malasya, monza etc. are easier than mis speed corners like spain. High speed tracks like silverstone where traction is not a problem, is just full throtle, are easier.

vtidixon said:
TL77 said:

I think your on the money mate

Yep Im doing the career with McLaren, I'm not so fast than I want, but is a lot easier than a low car.