Sign in to follow this  

NeW DLC ??????

I was searching the steam database and found a "new" DLC ..... 

GRID Autosport - RENAME ME DLC (324130) Depot  ( 94,22 MB )
https://steamdb.info/depot/324130/ 

What do you think?

I was going to ask this question actually, it said on the season pass 8 DLC's if I remember correctly, the drag pack was the 6th, so are there any more?

I was going to ask this question actually, it said on the season pass 8 DLC's if I remember correctly, the drag pack was the 6th, so are there any more?
well I think @Loore said the drag pack was the last there are other stuff like mirrors on PC and such coming but I'm not 100% sure that really counts but it might.

In PS3, since the game menu, i can see 9; it counts the  Black EditionPack , the Turbo Pack, and the Garage Special.

Plus coupé, british, Road and rack, Tourism Legends, Sprint Pack, Drag Pack.
 Drag it was the last one. Maybe the turbo and garage are not considered DLC´s but in fact they are DLC.

Salute.

There isn't any additional paid DLC currently planned.

The thing being data mined from Steam is a thing and I will have more info on it soon. Now if you excuse me, I'm off to play some TF2...

Scuse me?....Youre off to play Team fortress?
Shouldnt you be at work? 8P

is that a clue or something.....are you guys planning a totally free an unannounced mini-game within grid?
Because that would be quite a thing......my money would be on a 'cops and robbers mode' or some kinda team vs team thang with front mounted guns or somesuch

but my smart money is on the next iteration of grid being researched....or the next dirt...For the love of  <insert your deity here> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
ahem.

I think it will be funny, if CM's mirror isnt better quality.  
I believe this is 'our' one :)

Looks like they've enabled the WIP one that we've got in the data files, kudos to them (could be wrong though!) :)

I'm told it will arrive but don't have a firm update as of yet.

Loore said:

Looks like they've enabled the WIP one that we've got in the data files, kudos to them (could be wrong though!) :)

erm....doode....its here already! lol.
jus joshin...ill wait for the official one....jus hope its as good as you 'other' one thats already permeating your customerbase.

Goonertez said:
Loore said:

erm....doode....its here already! lol.
jus joshin...ill wait for the official one....jus hope its as good as you 'other' one thats already permeating your customerbase.
As part of the testing and creation process we place various bits of data into the files, it's just this modder has enabled them where as we're still testing etc

It's the same one someone on here found in a rummage of the Autosport directory a few weeks back. Be interested to hear feedback from those that have used it.

About 10 if us were in a room last night (2 clubs) and we were all using it, it makes for excellent racing as you can see people coming a mile off and if you know they have a lot of speed and are going to pass you can give them room, on the flip side if you have someone on your backside fighting to get past you it enables you to use the parts of the track that they are trying to pass and drive defensively.

It also takes out the 'oi you hit me' moments as you can see if someone hit someone who then hit you and it was an incident, but you can also see the people who deliberately rammed you.

It does make for a bit more scraping in corners as you know they are coming and they know you can see them lol, also drafting is now interesting and there is more weaving to break the tow the car behind is getting.

If you have a bit of a lead and can see the distance of the car/s behind you can tell how well you take a corner if they start to catch up after the corner, so on the next lap I was trying different entry/exits to keep the lead, it basically tells you where you are losing time on a lap.

A LOT less bitching and moaning and genuinely overall cleaner racing, it seems very high quality and you can see the cars clearly behind.

The only downsides I found was that into corners you tend took look at the mirror a bit too much to take a line that they are taking and overshoot the corner because you are distracted, I did that 2 or 3 times last night and lost places.

I also find it a little big and would like it slimmer and wider to enable a wider FOV, I was looking at the files last night and found some height and width settings but they didn't seem to take effect when I changed them, if anyone knows how to alter the size it would be helpful.

I also did some graphical benchmarks with it enabled on ultra and I would say there is little or no performance hit on my PC, maybe up to 5fps MAX but as I can run the benchmark multiple times without it and get slightly varying results within 5fps anyway it is inconclusive that it actually does affect performance, maybe on lower PC systems that are struggling but then you could drop something else instead, e.g the crowd on ultra vs low doesn't look hugely different at 150mph lol.

I will try and capture a video this evening and post it up.

About 10 if us were in a room last night (2 clubs) and we were all using it, it makes for excellent racing as you can see people coming a mile off and if you know they have a lot of speed and are going to pass you can give them room, on the flip side if you have someone on your backside fighting to get past you it enables you to use the parts of the track that they are trying to pass and drive defensively.

It also takes out the 'oi you hit me' moments as you can see if someone hit someone who then hit you and it was an incident, but you can also see the people who deliberately rammed you.

It does make for a bit more scraping in corners as you know they are coming and they know you can see them lol, also drafting is now interesting and there is more weaving to break the tow the car behind is getting.

If you have a bit of a lead and can see the distance of the car/s behind you can tell how well you take a corner if they start to catch up after the corner, so on the next lap I was trying different entry/exits to keep the lead, it basically tells you where you are losing time on a lap.

A LOT less bitching and moaning and genuinely overall cleaner racing, it seems very high quality and you can see the cars clearly behind.

The only downsides I found was that into corners you tend took look at the mirror a bit too much to take a line that they are taking and overshoot the corner because you are distracted, I did that 2 or 3 times last night and lost places.

I also find it a little big and would like it slimmer and wider to enable a wider FOV, I was looking at the files last night and found some height and width settings but they didn't seem to take effect when I changed them, if anyone knows how to alter the size it would be helpful.

I also did some graphical benchmarks with it enabled on ultra and I would say there is little or no performance hit on my PC, maybe up to 5fps MAX but as I can run the benchmark multiple times without it and get slightly varying results within 5fps anyway it is inconclusive that it actually does affect performance, maybe on lower PC systems that are struggling but then you could drop something else instead, e.g the crowd on ultra vs low doesn't look hugely different at 150mph lol.

I will try and capture a video this evening and post it up.

You've basically described why it should have been in the game from day 1.

I don't have huge experience online, but my feeling is GA is a very good racer. I think mirrors could turn it into a superb one.

Shame it can't come to consoles (I'm on PS3) but at the risk of getting hammered, I think the PC community are well placed to appreciate it.

I hope this is not the "better grass" thingy :smiley: 

I think it will do something with clubs/teams, online club wars or something like that. Maybe single player livery making could come with it?
TF2 hint wasn't there for nothing! I love CM for doing such things :smiley: 

Loore said:

looks good let us know when we can have it :p

Badi23 said:

I think it will do something with clubs/teams, online club wars or something like that. Maybe single player livery making could come with it?
The Grass Jam tech is already in the game :)

Loore said:
Badi23 said:

Is this confirmation that Grass Jam was the datamined thing, or just an opposite? 

Badi23 said:
Loore said:
Badi23 said:

Is this confirmation that Grass Jam was the datamined thing, or just an opposite? 
Grass jam has been in the day since day one, it isn't the datamined thing.