Sign in to follow this  

Q3 Tires - Race tires

I have drove three races for Williams in career mode. In the first one I got into Q3, drove 2-3 laps on option tire without a good result, 10th on grid.  

In the other two I drove one lap on two different sets of non-used option tires, got fourth on grid in the other one, and pole in other. Okay, everything was alright until I went inside the garage before race and saw I had prime tires on which I couldn't change. Because of that I didn't get good results, not bad ones neither but could have been better. And another reason for bad results was the fact that prime tires I had on were used already in practice session I guess. 

A fix or an explanation for this, thank you.

@ozzeh
see

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/4022/bug-tires-qualyifing-and-race-f1-2014-ps3#latest

It's the new rules. Your Q2 tyres are your race start tyres now. In Q3 you get an extra set of fresh tyres to set your lap on. So, be careful with the Q2 tyres and hammer it in Q3

But it is a issue because online After qualyifing you have the free choice if you will start with soft or Medium normaly it is this tyre which you used for your fastest lap