Sign in to follow this  

There are more players on Grid 2 than GAS. Why???

kimdurose said:
Grid 2 is playable online.
Dude, you are trying waaaaay too hard to be funny now. We get it. You can't play Grid. Nothing you post here is gonna change that.

kimdurose said:
TOO RIGHT!! 

@TUSMBOX,  you would feel the same way if you had this freezing problem.  
CM need the daily reminder,  us Xboxers dont want them to forget, they do have memory issues. :smile: 

TUSMBOX said:
kimdurose said:
Dude, you are trying waaaaay too hard to be funny now. We get it. You can't play Grid. Nothing you post here is gonna change that.
Not trying to be funny dude, just stating fact.
Nothing funny about having £50 worth of game that I cant play. And I'll take every opportunity gifted to me to mention it (be it through the medium of rant, sarcasm, or humour - depending on how many freezes I've endured that day) until its fixed to my satisfaction. Suggest you do the same. Unless you're comfortable paying for broken stuff?

I haven't had any issues. Then again, you're on a subpar console, so....... yeah. Posing about whatever issues you have in every topic everyday isn't going to expedite the patch process.

@RTAnoskills Yes, I would be upset, but I wouldn't be wasting my time spamming these forums. I have more productive ways to spend my time. 

TUSMBOX said:
I haven't had any issues. Then again, you're on a subpar console, so....... yeah. Posing about whatever issues you have in every topic everyday isn't going to expedite the patch process.

@RTAnoskills Yes, I would be upset, but I wouldn't be wasting my time spamming these forums. I have more productive ways to spend my time. 
Like compiling lists of everyone's stats. The hours must simply fly by :)
Sorry, you're obviously narked because I used your data collection thread to slip in a bit of well-intended sarcasm (not at you I hasten to add).
Apologies for that.

I like my sub par console. I love how it runs GTA V a million times better and smoother than the technically superior PS3. I like how it's online service has something approaching a 100% uptime and doesn't shut down for weeks when it compromises my credit card details. I love how it's subpar Forza Motorsport 4 is still the current-gen defacto race game that GT never got close to.

Would love to be in your position having no issues preventing your enjoyment of this potentially wonderful game. I'd be happier than a pig in muck,  instead of watching the subpar rebooting and finding the need to vent my frustration on here. I sooooooo want this game to work, cos when it does its rather marvellous.
You appear to have an issue with anyone who's experience is less than wonderful? I am of course referring to V8's thread yesterday where you basically lambasted him for (quite rightfully) having a rant because his 250 hours worth of input had just been written off through no fault of his own. Most odd.

Because complaining here on the forums, practically insulting CM, and constantly going on about how other games are so superior and how you're never coming back to the forums, only to return hours later, continuing the aforementioned tirade, can be seen as a bit annoying from some. Yes, I went too far with the trolling, but, the same could be said about the constant, for lack of a better term, nagging. If another game is bringing you more entertainment, why even bother coming here to boast about it?

This promises to be better in so many ways.
Close racing, all cars in proper race liveries (main bugbear of forza is the lack of race paint on AI cars in most classes). And it has Brands, Spa, and Donington :)
Those three tracks alone show that CM know what motor sports fans like.
Just want it to hit its potential before it's too late.
I was in a playlist on Sunday night with some good clean racers using the Legends tracks. A real blast. Don't want that to die off because of some daft freezing issues. 
P.s. I've never said I'm leaving the forums. I've said I've returned to playing other games, which I have.
I'll be in these forums every day checking for the good news that all is well and we can start enjoying a good night of racing on what potentially is THE race game on the 360.

TUSMBOX said:

I sure someone will point out im wrong here,  go ahead.    

Subpar????? LOL.    Xbox 360, is better than the PS3.    That war as already be won, and decided.  Say all you want about the PS3.....your WRONG. I think you will find my PC is better than your PS3.

More productive ways to spend your time - looking at stats?  LMAO  

Last night my friends list showed more people playing Grid 2 than GAS but I'm on xbox so it's probably to do with the freezing issue.  Interestingly (or not lol) the most popular game amongst my friends last night was Need For Speed Hot Pursuit which is 4 years old but still appears to be going strong.

More productive ways to spend your time - looking at stats?  LMAO  

At least I can access my stats.

And the generalizations people make are amazing.

I'm really surprised by such statistics. Does anyone know the reason? :\

It's because GRID 2 is a better game, and people are finally starting to realize it. The game was raked over the coals and absolutely crucified for not having a cockpit view when it was released. Many people including myself could sympathize and understand the disappointment with that issue. But after a while GRID fans started warming up to GRID 2 and started realizing just how fun it really is.

Many people who wanted the old TOCA or GRID 1-style handling are actually in the minority. Most people from what I've seen and heard, actually enjoy the drift-y handling of GRID 2 and prefer it over both G1 and GAS.

I have tried to explain time and time again on these very forums, why this game is an underrated gem from Codemasters. If you are a Sega racing game fan, and grew up during the height of the arcade racing scene in the mid-90's, you'll recognize that GRID 2 is a love letter to us Sega fans: the people who love games like Daytona USA, Daytona 2, Super GT, Sega Rally Championship and OutRun 2. GRID 2 falls into that same handling style, where you're required to drift in order to maintain speed and obtain a good track time.

I suspect the majority of people still playing GRID 2 are part of that group, but are the silent majority who you won't see post on the Codemasters forum. They will simply continue supporting and enjoying this underrated classic.

I'm on a haitus from the game for the time being, because I no longer have my steering wheel, but trust me when I tell you I will personally be playing GRID 2 for a VERY long time to come!!! It's because I simply adore the way these cars handle, and there is no other racing game on Steam/PC that handles like it. Hopefully CM will do something in the future, and maybe give us a spin-off GRID game that has the exact same handling as GRID 2. Maybe call it GRID: Sega Drift edition or something :smiley:

Loore, if you read this post, please pass it along to the developers of GRID 2 and let them know there still a lot of people who love and support this game, and would very much love to see another one with this style of handling!

kimdurose said:
TUSMBOX said:
kimdurose said:
Not trying to be funny dude, just stating fact.
Nothing funny about having £50 worth of game that I cant play. And I'll take every opportunity gifted to me to mention it (be it through the medium of rant, sarcasm, or humour - depending on how many freezes I've endured that day) until its fixed to my satisfaction. Suggest you do the same. Unless you're comfortable paying for broken stuff?

I was just mentioning last nite that GAS is the first game I've bought in a very long long long time at full price and also gotten the Donnington/Silverstone, Drag & P2P packs and I end up with the freezing issues and having to restart rooms many times over.  I will seriously reconsider ever buying another CM game in the future.

isamu99 said:

I'm really surprised by such statistics. Does anyone know the reason? :\

It's because GRID 2 is a better game, and people are finally starting to realize it. The game was raked over the coals and absolutely crucified for not having a cockpit view when it was released. Many people including myself could sympathize and understand the disappointment with that issue. But after a while GRID fans started warming up to GRID 2 and started realizing just how fun it really is.

Many people who wanted the old TOCA or GRID 1-style handling are actually in the minority. Most people from what I've seen and heard, actually enjoy the drift-y handling of GRID 2 and prefer it over both G1 and GAS.

Drifting is slower than driving around a corner so it's purely for show and to please the arcade crowd. Grid 1 and Motorsport are more for driving.

There were also those drifting movies out at the time and kids like anything that's in a movie and looks "cool", die hard racers shun drifting as a waste of time.

It's fun and looks exciting but its just not racing.

@Isamu99   -  Grid 2 was a terrible game.   Nothing to do with racing at all. 

Great that you liked it,  but your not a racer.     If you were, you would think Grid 2, was crap. 

Great that you liked it,  but your not a racer.     If you were, you would think Grid 2, was crap. 
racing = cars on a track. GRID 2 IS a racing game

what do you understand by racing?

There is a little more to racing than just having cars on a track.

competition between vehicles etc. to see which is the fastest in covering a set course:
Not crashing into the car infront at every turn.
Not a competition to see who can slide sideways the best.  

What happened in Grid 2 99.9% of the time was NOT racing. 

"In sport, racing is a competition of speed, against an objective criterion, usually a clockor to a specific point. The competitors in a race try to complete a given task in the shortest amount of time. Typically this involves traversing some distance, but it can be any other task involving speed to reach a specific goal."

GRID 2 fits this description pretty well.

LMFAO! That has got to be the stupidest comment I have ever read on this forum!

I'm not a racer? GRID 2 = Nothing to do with racing? LOLOL. That is comedy my friend. I've been playing racing simulations *and* arcade games probably since before you were born. Carry on....

I guess that the "free to play" offer has been a great idea:

I know that some people might like that game, but imho having two or three cars drifting at the same corner it's a mess. It's just a Ken Block's skill lol