Sign in to follow this  

Understeer city on the pad...

Any high speed corner and my car doesn't want to turn in without letting off the throttle, yet my cheating cunt of a team mate is fine. It doesn't help that I have TC kicking in when it shouldn't be since I have it turned off...
Once I set the game to wheel settings but still play with a pad, suddenly the TC is gone, the understeer is gone and my braking is no way near as good. However I cannot play like that because having the wheel rotation on a stick makes any input far too sensitive and there is no dead zone which you need on the stick for the middle since there is a bit of play there.

Nope you cant change settings, the car just will not turn for an age, and then you're on the power later than you want to be because of the understeer

yup im having the same understeer problems i was fine with pad settings from last game bc i had an oversteery setup bc i like to get balls deep into the corner too hot flick slide it sideways to point n squirt out of the corner earlyier on the loud pedal then all else and that how me made my speed getting out of corners faster and getting em into harder then others cant seem to make my style work 100% so far but i am winning now an then with force india and some tracks im out in the boonies sucking lemons lol

Have you increased the front wing?  I'm just wondering if Codemasters actually corrected the settings so that 1-1 does not work at every track now.  

I've tried everything, I've run 11-1 wings just to experiment and I still can't get it to oversteer, or donut or anything. Heavy and unresponsive is the perfect explanation @Gav25182‌!

Well actually you can change the settings...  deadzone, linearity, and saturation are all available for pad users when the override is set to steering wheel...  Try messing with those, people have had success with 100% linearity and a bit of deadzone.

Tixylix said:

Once I set the game to wheel settings but still play with a pad, suddenly the TC is gone, the understeer is gone and my braking is no way near as good. However I cannot play like that because having the wheel rotation on a stick makes any input far too sensitive and there is no dead zone which you need on the stick for the middle since there is a bit of play there.
Put Steering Linearity to 100% and you'll be fine.  It's how it should have been all along for pad users, but Codemasters don't seem to be listening.

Overiding Pad settings with Wheels settings,  then increasing Linierarity to 100% is a step in the right direction but not a good fix. 

Just wanted to say I totally agree about the understeer on the gamepad, I generally run one of the top 2 dry premade setups which are meant to have high understeer but even changing to the wet/overstreer ones didn't change anything.

Probably been mentioned in other threads as well but I noticed that if you use lean or normal fuel use there is no wheel spin and I am constantly getting told my tyres are cold. When you change it to high fuel use the wheels start to spin up a little (not that much) but you can feel a bit of a difference.

For the record I play on PC using a 360 for windows controller (used the same one for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014). and have traction control and ABS turned off.

Yes, understeer is a major issue on the pad, and I tried on wheel calibration with linearity at 100% but every slight movement of the stick made me swerve and smash it into a barrier.

This needs to be fixed.

Lucky I also own a wheel (a crap one nonetheless), so I might try the wheel out to see if it makes a difference.

Agreed. Its a deal breaker. I've gone back to 2013 which was great.  I'm waiting to they fix this otherwise good game 

Yeah, I was so looking forward to this game but it's been ruined by this unresponsive car business for the pad. IMHO, a patch is needed for two thing: 

1. To remove the unresponsiveness and heaviness of the steering for pad users, and
2. The auto-TC even when it is turned off. 

I would love a wheel but don't have any space for one. 

I found a setup for my pad  that works really well. I tried it on my pad and it now feels almost normal, no understeer problems anymore.

Set the configuration to gamepad in the bottom option of the advanced setting menu. Set steering deadzone to 10%, set steering saturation to 60% and set steering linearity to 0%.

See if those settings help. They've made my game experience with the pad much closer to normal again.

I found a setup for my pad  that works really well. I tried it on my pad and it now feels almost normal, no understeer problems anymore.

Set the configuration to gamepad in the bottom option of the advanced setting menu. Set steering deadzone to 10%, set steering saturation to 60% and set steering linearity to 0%.

See if those settings help. They've made my game experience with the pad much closer to normal again.

Ok bug TC remains

Problem is that they have scripted steering lock for pad users, technically it's not exactly the same as understeer. Depending of the speed vs turning angle they just lock steering angle and that's it. You can't lose the rear and then you are forced to reduce speed or eat the dirt.

Also wheel rotation speed is working in the same way so in high speed or high speed corners car response is very slow since wheel doesn't turn fast enough creating a false feeling that it's heavy. Most racing games have a speed sensitivity setting but it seems too hard to implement for Cokemasters.

In matter of fact I find that on default setup or faster setups 2014 is oversteering, turning much faster than 2013, so scripted steering lock kicks in earlier creating the false feeling that it's understeering when in fact it's not.

For attenuating this problem I found that you have to lower car balance setup values, specially front balance, so the car is less responsive making the turns more round and reducing the false feeling of understeer.