Sign in to follow this  

Photography Thread

So I go by the theory that everyone has one art they are good at, and whilst photography isn't mine (I feel it's music, but right now I've nothing to show), it's something I enjoy, especially if it involves sport, though I can go arty from time to time. Hence, here's a thread for posting photos people have taken and enjoy.

I'll start off with a few:
Photo from North West Stages Rally (Fleetwood & Blackpool) in February. Photo taken as part of NWR (links in my sig)

Photo from Belgium GP 2014. Felipe Massa! :smiley: Again, NWR has more photos.

Photo of Eau Rouge, Belgium GP. Again, check NWR links for more.

Photo from 3rd day of 4th test match, England Vs India at Old Trafford. Jimmy Anderson playing a reverse sweep.

Did you go to the Belgium GP then? Lucky sod :p I'm thinking of driving over from the UK to watch it, but I need to find someone to come with me. Either that or going to Silverstone next year but again I'd need a mate to come with (None of my mates like F1) apart from my brother but his wife won't let him come, maybe @RevolvingPrawn‌ could come o:)

@Hughesy Depends on the ticket price and whether or not I have a job then :p 
Hopefully it'll all be cool, but I couldn't commit to it right now bud.

Great image bud :pRevolvingPrawn said:
Yea it's still a while off yet isn't it lol. Thing is (and I'll have to check at some point) If I got a disabled ticket you could come as my "carer" and normally the ticket is cheaper lol It's worked at other events with my brother before o:)
Anyway sorry for messing up another thread. Many many months yet until next years races....

Hughesy said:
Great image bud :pRevolvingPrawn said:
Yea it's still a while off yet isn't it lol. Thing is (and I'll have to check at some point) If I got a disabled ticket you could come as my "carer" and normally the ticket is cheaper lol It's worked at other events with my brother before o:)
Anyway sorry for messing up another thread. Many many months yet until next years races....
We mess up every thread ;)
Far as I can find out it's £88 for a Friday-Sunday disabled ticket, and the same for a bronze general admission Friday-Sunday ticket. We'd have to check about the carer idea though, the disabled stand is in the silver 1 grandstand between La Source and Eau Rouge, need to find out if a 'carer' with a bronze ticket would be allowed in, or if I'd have to get a silver ticket that costs £233 :o

Here's some of my best photography so far.

These first two are images taken from Marbella in Spain.

This photo was taken in Oxford and whilst the picture isn't amazing, the shadow of the bike is just awesome.

The following five were my final submissions for a GCSE photography unit, called Surface and Texture.

This final image here was taken after some floods in the Summer last year, some great reflection.

The first one is beautiful! Love the really sharp focus of it!
I take it you have a DSLR? My camera's only a point and shoot, which make getting the right focal length for photos like that really difficult.

I take it you have a DSLR? My camera's only a point and shoot, which make getting the right focal length for photos like that really difficult.
Thanks a lot! Yeah I have a Canon EOS 1100D, but I haven't saved up and bought any other lenses for it, so still using the one it comes with. The zoom is awful but the quality is so good and close ups are great, as well as wide shots. It's got so many settings I still need to experiment with. 

Something I'd really like to do is having the shutter speed really long, and going to some busy place with lights and cars so it is a nice blur.

Thanks a lot! Yeah I have a Canon EOS 1100D, but I haven't saved up and bought any other lenses for it, so still using the one it comes with. The zoom is awful but the quality is so good and close ups are great, as well as wide shots. It's got so many settings I still need to experiment with. 

Something I'd really like to do is having the shutter speed really long, and going to some busy place with lights and cars so it is a nice blur.
Suggest having a tripod. You need to keep the camera very still else it doesn't come out.

My Dad did something like that with lights on the deckboards whilst on holiday. Lots of rotating RGB spotlights created this:

Wow it has been a long time since there has been any responses! :open_mouth: 

Anyways I got to photograph a rally race finally!

As always I didn't want to clog up the thread with the photography, the full gallery is here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.563159987156056.1073741831.545593368912718&type=1&l=24afad68c6

My IG: jared.samuelson

Yeah, I didn't know this thread existed... Anyways personally I prefer to mess about with light levels. https://www.twitter.com/JuiceTen_44/status/630454584897576960/photo/1