Sign in to follow this  

Why?

Why has the codemasters forum turned into a place where overage children argue about the most stupid things? I think CM need to be stricter

Why? because f**k you thats why! Merica! Yeah! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:  

But on a serious note and not joking around, people take freedom of speech as their own personal defence to say whatever they like and get away with it. I guess theres not much CM can do about it without taking away ones personal rights, guess we all have to deal with the idiots and their forced opinions. :( 

Quote to live by. 
Don't argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

SASBlink said:

But on a serious note and not joking around, people take freedom of speech as their own personal defence to say whatever they like and get away with it. I guess theres not much CM can do about it without taking away ones personal rights, guess we all have to deal with the idiots and their forced opinions. :( 

Quote to live by. 
Don't argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Freedom of speech doesn't allow someone to go crazy and throw abuse around as they see fit. It's only trolls you ever see mention "freedom of speech" as a defence against their actions.

Abuse won't be tolerated, we will be getting stricter.

I (and I speak for a lot of other people to) want to come on here, have mature discussions about bugs and patches  and title releases and stuff, I like to have a laugh on here. Yeah people are entitled to have debates or argue their point but that mixed with childish behaviour and argumentative people = troll haven. Grammar police, spelling nazis etc (your typical troll) just don't deserve anyone's attention. They are out to make people angry. I hate trolls

Loore said:
SASBlink said:

Quote to live by. 
Freedom of speech doesn't allow someone to go crazy and throw abuse around as they see fit. It's only trolls you ever see mention "freedom of speech" as a defence against their actions.

@Loore,  Im sure ive read that wrong.     Are you saying @SASBlink is a troll?  

@loore, Just to clarify if you thought i was being abusive, i clearly stated the first part was a joke with no intention of abuse towards NWRcharger, we used to race often and should know my humour by now :)

I guess its hard to tell over text communications on who is serious on abuse and what is friendly banter. :(

Loore said:
SASBlink said:

Quote to live by. 

@Loore,  Im sure ive read that wrong.     Are you saying @SASBlink is a troll?  
No, I'm not - he was using it as part of the discussion :)

Loore said: 

No, I'm not - he was using it as part of the discussion :)
Ahh its good to see that some people can see the differences, but i guess I could tone it down a bit for the sake of others who are bit more delicate. :)

Loore said:
@Loore Half the problem could be solved if the forum software allowed us to automatically hide posts from users of our choosing, as it’s usually the same culprits who have nothing constructive to say.

Why has the codemasters forum turned into a place where overage children argue about the most stupid things? I think CM need to be stricter
hey doode..long time no see [in game]..ive been sucked back into warframe and pcars a little! [but thaks for the invites!]

EDIT: soz, think i got my chargers mixed up...thought you were supercharger d'oh!

In answer to your question, its my personal opinion that there are a large percentage of minors on here....who rightly so are immature...nothing wrong with that.

But because they dont stand out in a forum [like they would in a street or a pub etc] it can be hard to grasp their train of thought sometimes.

Dont know about you, but i wouldnt go out of my way to go chit-chat to some teen or pre-teen in real life about.....anything [relations apart of course].

Lots of obvious reasons for this...and i for one think that a persons age should be presented in an obvious way on forums.....or other faceless encounter opportunities......just like in real life, when you encounter someone, you have a reasonable idea of their maturity and such.

Of course there are [mature] trolls on here who should know better anyways....they are the real trash of forums and stick out a mile to me.
I just blank em once im sure....my bad i guess, but ill beef hooked if im gonna spend my valuble on em 8D

hope y'all enjoying grid xx

Goonertez said:

Lots of obvious reasons for this...and i for one think that a persons age should be presented in an obvious way on forums.....or other faceless encounter opportunities......just like in real life, when you encounter someone, you have a reasonable idea of their maturity and such.

That will easily manipulated with giving wrong birthdate.   :)
But yeah I see what you mean and I agree to some extend.

PS.
What will it be tonight?
Pcars or warframe?
Looks like we are with the 2 of us tonight so can do what ever you prefer.  :D

Even online, I've changed my GT so not many people know who I am, upto now it's had it's ups and downs, general noobs that can't play as well as I can saying I cheating or people that didn't get on with me before saying I drive dirty telling me I'm really fast, or vice versa. It's funny lol :) 7 club invites upto now. No thanks, because grid autosport on 360 isn't highly populated it seems to have gained it's own 'drama' series. I reccommend selling that codemasters, you will make thousands lol

It's a funny old world nowadays, people can hide behind their keyboards and talk big but I bet 99% of them would not talk to people they know the way they talk to people on here, anonymity is a great thing to some who like to cause trouble.

I personally try to talk to people over the net the same way I would do face to face, I enjoy a good debate and a bit of banter but some people do not know where to draw the line and take it too far, the other problem is with typing that sometimes sarcasm, jokes or other forms of  banter don't come across very well and people take them the wrong way.

It can even happen when talking to people on the phone or through the net that things may not come across as mean't as you can't see facial expressions, these expressions can convey a multitude of words without even talking and they are seen and understood.

We tried recently to get as many people on webcam while racing so that we could all see each other and it made communication and the banter easier as you could tell when someone was either being sarcastic or genuinely pissed off, we only got 4 on but everyone could see the 4 of us and it eased the tension you sometimes get when things go wrong.

Try and treat people the way you would expect them to treat you, with respect.

Trolls are just Trolls and will go away if they are not fed, I must admit though I have fallen into the feeding pit a few times and thrown them some bones and had to pull myself back after I have realised I am trying to reason with idiots who have no intention of contributing to the subject matter.

.....the other problem is with typing that sometimes sarcasm, jokes or other forms of  banter don't come across very well and people take them the wrong way.
Thats me, right there, that is !!! :)

It's a funny old world nowadays, people can hide behind their keyboards and talk big but I bet 99% of them would not talk to people they know the way they talk to people on here, anonymity is a great thing to some who like to cause trouble.

I personally try to talk to people over the net the same way I would do face to face, I enjoy a good debate and a bit of banter but some people do not know where to draw the line and take it too far, the other problem is with typing that sometimes sarcasm, jokes or other forms of  banter don't come across very well and people take them the wrong way.

It can even happen when talking to people on the phone or through the net that things may not come across as mean't as you can't see facial expressions, these expressions can convey a multitude of words without even talking and they are seen and understood.

We tried recently to get as many people on webcam while racing so that we could all see each other and it made communication and the banter easier as you could tell when someone was either being sarcastic or genuinely pissed off, we only got 4 on but everyone could see the 4 of us and it eased the tension you sometimes get when things go wrong.

Trolls are just Trolls and will go away if they are not fed, I must admit though I have fallen into the feeding pit a few times and thrown them some bones and had to pull myself back after I have realised I am trying to reason with idiots who have no intention of contributing to the subject matter.

Well to drag off topic a bit, I'm a geek and into all sorts of stuff, including human psychology.
How people interact over the internet is kind of the same as how people react when driving. They hurl abuse, shake their fists etc, safe in the knowledge that the metal cage surrounds them and they can whizz off quickly. I am quite short but look a bit scary sometimes with the #1 haircut. One day when someone abused me I had the opportunity to get out of the car, walk over to them and tap on the window. Their face when they realised that they could not get away was a picture. All of a sudden they realised that their cosy container where they could abuse anyone at will maybe wasn't quite so safe. When I saw how scared they were getting I just smiled and got back in the car.
Anyway, the internet is a lot like this. I meet up with people that I debate with on political/economic forums. Over the net we rage, but when we meet up in person we are much more polite. The net dehumanises interaction, and makes us forget that we are dealing with humans and there may be real consequences to our actions.
This is why stuff like text chat and video coms is so important. It helps us identify the other players as human beings and treat them as such, not just video game graphics. Online racing is a fun experience (Sadly I don't online much, mostly TT) and experiences are always more fun when shared and recounted.
The more games manufacturers put video, voice and text coms to allow people to interact, the better the on line experience will be for everyone, because apologies are easier and shared experiences are more fun.

dirt3joe said:

Well to drag off topic a bit, I'm a geek and into all sorts of stuff, including human psychology.
How people interact over the internet is kind of the same as how people react when driving. They hurl abuse, shake their fists etc, safe in the knowledge that the metal cage surrounds them and they can whizz off quickly. I am quite short but look a bit scary sometimes with the #1 haircut. One day when someone abused me I had the opportunity to get out of the car, walk over to them and tap on the window. Their face when they realised that they could not get away was a picture. All of a sudden they realised that their cosy container where they could abuse anyone at will maybe wasn't quite so safe. When I saw how scared they were getting I just smiled and got back in the car.
Anyway, the internet is a lot like this. I meet up with people that I debate with on political/economic forums. Over the net we rage, but when we meet up in person we are much more polite. The net dehumanises interaction, and makes us forget that we are dealing with humans and there may be real consequences to our actions.
This is why stuff like text chat and video coms is so important. It helps us identify the other players as human beings and treat them as such, not just video game graphics. Online racing is a fun experience (Sadly I don't online much, mostly TT) and experiences are always more fun when shared and recounted.
The more games manufacturers put video, voice and text coms to allow people to interact, the better the on line experience will be for everyone, because apologies are easier and shared experiences are more fun.

Good analogy, people in their own comfort zone will behave more erratically than if taken out of it, I would love to meet up with some of the people that I have spoken to on the net over the years lol.

I think he using the term "kettle calling the pot black".... its often used to claim that a person is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another.

oh the irony of what he just did!  The fact he mentioned it means he's using it as a subtle insult to someone here but hasn't he just put himself in the same category by doing so and insulted himself?  

Now that's funny, :smiley:  

SASBlink said:
I think he using the term "kettle calling the pot black".... its often used to claim that a person is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another.

oh the irony of what he just did!  The fact he mentioned it means he's using it as a subtle insult to someone here but hasn't he just put himself in the same category by doing so and insulted himself?  

Now that's funny, :smiley:  
Lol, I understood what he mean't just not who he was aiming it at?