Sign in to follow this  

Safety car deploy high probability only monaco?

Stevomock said:
I am almost always fine, as in no damage at all, except for rare cases where I get hit extremely hard and my rear tyre(s) falls off or my engineer tells me my diffuser is damaged. 

Please tell me about these rare cases where you got hit extremely hard that your rear tyres fell off. 
B) 

Stevomock said:
I am almost always fine, as in no damage at all, except for rare cases where I get hit extremely hard and my rear tyre(s) falls off or my engineer tells me my diffuser is damaged. 

Please tell me about these rare cases where you got hit extremely hard that your rear tyres fell off. 
B) 
I'm not sure. I can't remember any off the top of my head, but I know I've knocked off AI's rear tyres before, so I assume that can happen to me. Anyway, the point is that it appeared that you believed that getting hit in the rear regularly causes damage, which I disagreed with and explained why I believed that. I think we're past it.

driveroz247 said:
I do however have a realistic damage mod installed at 3X normal damage levels for both player and AI cars.
The problem with Realistic Damage Mod is that there becomes an unrealistically high number of AI retirements, no? Someone commented about his last race in that 15 drivers retired because of one destroyed car.
Not necessarily, it all depends on how much realistic damage level you want to put onto the AI and yourself. Like I said, I play at 3X which is medium, but I know others out there who play with it at 5X or 6X, which imo is crazy and unrealistic, because at those levels of damage you'll be lucky to have 5 cars left to finish the race.

Also, it depends on a lot of other factors too, some of which have to do with how the player drives his car in comparison to the AI. Also it can be track-dependant and level of coded aggression for each AI driver in the game.

Without realistic damage mod I used to get 0, sometimes 1 DNF each race if I was lucky, now I get somewhere between 1-6 DNFs every race guaranteed (depending on the track), which is closer to real life race statistics than having no DNFs whatsoever...

Not necessarily, it all depends on how much realistic damage level you want to put onto the AI and yourself. Like I said, I play at 3X which is medium, but I know others out there who play with it at 5X or 6X, which imo is crazy and unrealistic, because at those levels of damage you'll be lucky to have 5 cars left to finish the race.
Yep, even the mod creator doesn't recommend 5x or 6x, although it exists, LOL: 

Choose your desired damage increase level:
  • 1x (Very Small),
  • 2x (Small),
  • 3x (Medium),
  • 4x (High),
  • 5x (Very Realistic),
  • 6x (Hardcore).
NOTE: I recommend choosing between x4 and x5 damage. x5 may be a problem in some cases. 4x is fully fine in my opinion.

Started Career mode on Friday first two race's Safety car was deployed. No fault of my own.
Yep me to I've raced 4 races so far and had 2 Safety Cars. Both were noting to do with me

In 2013, I got 7 SC's so far in a little over 2 full seasons, 50% races no assists.
Yes, I had no involvement in my 7 SC deployments as well. Perhaps installing this Realistic Damage mod is the surest way of increasing SC's, as the AI tend to fight amongst themselves.

driveroz247 said:
Like I said, I play at 3X which is medium, but I know others out there who play with it at 5X or 6X, which imo is crazy and unrealistic, because at those levels of damage you'll be lucky to have 5 cars left to finish the race.
Without realistic damage mod I used to get 0, sometimes 1 DNF each race if I was lucky, now I get somewhere between 1-6 DNFs every race guaranteed (depending on the track), which is closer to real life race statistics than having no DNFs whatsoever...
I just did a 50% race at Silverstone as JEV with 3X damage mod(both me and AI) and no retirements at all, LOL. I had no SC either after I changed SC chance to 1 in the database. The only thing out of the ordinary was when Button AI caught up to me at Copse and hit me while we were side by side through the turn, damaging both our front wings at lap 23. But the damage wasn't enough to require pitting.

driveroz247 said:
Like I said, I play at 3X which is medium, but I know others out there who play with it at 5X or 6X, which imo is crazy and unrealistic, because at those levels of damage you'll be lucky to have 5 cars left to finish the race.
I just did a 50% race at Silverstone as JEV with 3X damage mod(both me and AI) and no retirements at all, LOL. I had no SC either after I changed SC chance to 1 in the database. The only thing out of the ordinary was when Button AI caught up to me at Copse and hit me while we were side by side through the turn, damaging both our front wings at lap 23. But the damage wasn't enough to require pitting.

See the part I bolded in my message above your quoted message.

Silverstone is not one of those tracks. I just did a 100% race at Yas Marina with the damage settings I use (player and AI X3) and had zero DNFs there as well. But the race I did before that at Interlagos I had 5 DNFs.

driveroz247 said:
Silverstone is not one of those tracks.
How about the Nurburgring? That's what's next for me.

You mean Hockenheim, right? Nurburgring was last year, lol.

A lot of run-off at Hockenheim, so probably not so big a chance for safety car, but you may still get a couple of DNFs at turns 1 and 2.

A lot of run-off at Hockenheim, so probably not so big a chance for safety car, but you may still get a couple of DNFs at turns 1 and 2.

No, I mean the Nurburgring LOL. I'm still playing F1 2013, as I didn't want to be held hostage again by purchasing 2014 on release day and then having to agonize for CM to decide whether they will deliver a patch or not.

This time, I adjusted the damage mod to 4X(both player and AI) to make sure things are working properly. And then I just completed the 50% Nurburgring race and had 6 AI retirements. There were various broken parts strewn across the track throughout the whole race and I had to do 2 extra pitstops for breaking off my entire front wing on both occasions, as I don't do race restarts and flashbacks. Interestingly, there were many AI cars driving at various speeds throughout the race due to their own damages. One time, I ran over a bollard on the track due to one of the AI breaking it off and my whole front wing was taken off. Amazingly, still no SC deployment. However, I think 6 DNF's is too much and my next race at Hungary will be dialed back to 3X. Predictions?

No, I mean the Nurburgring LOL. I'm still playing F1 2013, as I didn't want to be held hostage again by purchasing 2014 on release day and then having to agonize for CM to decide whether they will deliver a patch or not.

This time, I adjusted the damage mod to 4X(both player and AI) to make sure things are working properly. And then I just completed the 50% Nurburgring race and had 6 AI retirements. There were various broken parts strewn across the track throughout the whole race and I had to do 2 extra pitstops for breaking off my entire front wing on both occasions, as I don't do race restarts and flashbacks. Interestingly, there were many AI cars driving at various speeds throughout the race due to their own damages. One time, I ran over a bollard on the track due to one of the AI breaking it off and my whole front wing was taken off. Amazingly, still no SC deployment. However, I think 6 DNF's is too much and my next race at Hungary will be dialed back to 3X. Predictions?

Yes, I always maintained that X4 was overdoing just a bit and X3 is the best damage settings and most realistic to play with. I'd rather have 1-5 DNFs per race, anything more is starting to border on the ridiculous.

Predictions? maybe 2 DNFs but no safety car. I've only seen one safety car deploy in Hungary for an AI mistake playing this game series and that was in F1 2012 when the track was becoming slippery due to rain and Schumacher hit some other AI car up ahead of me and spun and retired in the middle of the tight sector 2 bends.

driveroz247 said:
Yes, I always maintained that X4 was overdoing just a bit and X3 is the best damage settings and most realistic to play with. I'd rather have 1-5 DNFs per race, anything more is starting to border on the ridiculous.
I looked up the real F1 seasons and there was a huge, huge difference between 2013 and 2014. In 2013, there was anywhere from 1-6 DNF's per race (avg 2.74), whereas in 2014, there was anywhere from 1-9 DNF's per race (avg 4.56). So essentially, 3 DNF's per race in 2013 increased to 4-5 DNF's in 2014. I think that this largely was a result of the newly designed cars in 2014 with brand new power units. So perhaps X3 is the ideal way to play for 2013 but X4 for 2014 in terms of realism. Now I'd like to find out actual data about SC deployments. I looked around but I was unable to find anything. Anyone happen to know where to find this? I don't think there were that many.

Yes, 3X Damage Mod is the most realistic. I just had 5 DNF's at Suzuka so things are working properly. The increased damage definitely increases replayability, as this prohibits you from going crazy fast on the 1st lap. This is very evident in driving for the slow to mid-tier teams such as the Toro Rosso. Now if I can just get the safety car to work more, I'd be all set.

Yes, 3X Damage Mod is the most realistic. I just had 5 DNF's at Suzuka so things are working properly. The increased damage definitely increases replayability, as this prohibits you from going crazy fast on the 1st lap. This is very evident in driving for the slow to mid-tier teams such as the Toro Rosso. Now if I can just get the safety car to work more, I'd be all set.

Well, I'm 12 races into the season on GP mode driving as Kobayashi in the Caterham. 3X damage both AI and player.

12 races for 21 DNFs (excluding my own DNF at Monaco LOL :p ).

Still too little AI DNFs for me, so I've changed some of the files to make the AI cars have slightly more engine and mechanical failures now to up the numbers just a little bit more. And only 3 safety cars in 12 races, but I'll live with that.

I totally agree with you about the first lap replayability, and it's why I really enjoy playing with the damage mod on my car.