Sign in to follow this  

Safety car deploy high probability only monaco?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_m3i4DCwn4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW3goZqvaq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y68agV27sfc

My first career season,Safety car deployed  in monaco.(100% distance)

Other people race, safety car deployed in monaco too.

But other course,safety car didn't deployed by AI retired!

In 2013 I only got SC 2 times in all game. I did 4 seasons, 50% races no assists. I think this game is exactly the same, no yellow flag never.

If you play on PC then edit the safety car chance for each track in the database... 1 is max chance for safety car, but tracks like Bahrain only has 0,3 or something chance for safety car on original database...

Practically impossible to get them any time unless it's at Monaco and first corner gets bottle neck...which is super rare, maybe once in 10 times AI will do that...other than that only player can make those by crashing few cars in a random corner which I mean is fair enough, but would be nice to have a SC more often as someone rolls off to a stop due to problems or something like that instead of them just retiring the race.

FMassa93 said:
If you play on PC then edit the safety car chance for each track in the database... 1 is max chance for safety car, but tracks like Bahrain only has 0,3 or something chance for safety car on original database...

Very good information!

@Hatta

Please all tracks SC chance set for 1!

Yes, the probability of getting a safety car out is higher in Monaco, mainly due to narrow track and closer barriers with little or no run-off area. Also, the database has the same chance of getting a safety car at Singapore and Canada as it does with Monaco, so they are the tracks you will most likely get out a safety car. Some tracks have less probability to bring out a safety car due those particular tracks having a lot of run-off areas. After looking at the database, the other tracks with high probability of getting a safety car deployed are Spa, Brazil and Abu Dhabi.

I've played the game in both grand prix and career mode, and I've had safety cars come out in Australia, Bahrain and Malaysia on my game, none of them caused by me, they were all AI on AI accidents or just 1 AI car on it's own crashing out. And I haven't made any changes to the database, it all happened with the original database chance and deploy count system. I do however have a realistic damage mod installed at 3X normal damage levels for both player and AI cars.

If you're still not getting out enough safety cars, just edit the database in the track_model tab to max safety car deploy count of 3 or 4 and safety car chance to 1.00 for all tracks.

I was one of the guys who helped create a safety car mod for the 2012 game, and nothing much has changed with the way the safety car system works since then. I just think that the system works as it should now so I'm not going to tamper with it in my game, but go right ahead and change it in your own game if you feel you're not getting enough safety cars.

driveroz247 said:
 I just think that the system works as it should now so I'm not going to tamper with it in my game
I agree for the most part. I think I'm more interested in the whole CM inner workings of SC deployment.

driveroz247 said:
I do however have a realistic damage mod installed at 3X normal damage levels for both player and AI cars.
The problem with Realistic Damage Mod is that there becomes an unrealistically high number of AI retirements, no? Someone commented about his last race in that 15 drivers retired because of one destroyed car.

driveroz247 said:
I do however have a realistic damage mod installed at 3X normal damage levels for both player and AI cars.
The problem with Realistic Damage Mod is that there becomes an unrealistically high number of AI retirements, no? Someone commented in his last race that 15 drivers retired because of one destroyed car.
That's why I only use the Hardcore Damage Mod for myself, and not for the AI. They tend to make contact often, so it's better to keep their damage on normal.

That's why I only use the Hardcore Damage Mod for myself, and not for the AI. They tend to make contact often, so it's better to keep their damage on normal.
But what if the AI rear ends you even slightly, which is also fairly common(I play with True to Life AI mod)? Then your car is screwed while the AI that hit you races on.

But what if the AI rear ends you even slightly, which is also fairly common(I play with True to Life AI mod)? Then your car is screwed while the AI that hit you races on.
What does the True to Life AI Mod do? Does it affect damage on cars? Because isn't it true that if an AI hits you in the back, you're fine for the most part? I am almost always fine, as in no damage at all, except for rare cases where I get hit extremely hard and my rear tyre(s) falls off or my engineer tells me my diffuser is damaged.

driveroz247 said:
The problem with Realistic Damage Mod is that there becomes an unrealistically high number of AI retirements, no? Someone commented about his last race in that 15 drivers retired because of one destroyed car.

I think if many drivers retire because of one destroyed car, it was a tight place like Monaco or Singapore, or some extremely unlucky situation. Otherwise, AI retirements are fine I think.

Actually, the damage mod can be fine tuned. It comes with multiple levels and you can pick which level of damage you want. The more intense the level, the less contact is required for damage, which results in more retirements. You can go by trial and error and pick which damage level you want to choose depending on the amount of AI retirements that you observe. The highest level is too high in my opinion because the AI doesn't drive well enough to avoid contact, and you can lose about 75% of the competition to crashes, but after tweaking the damage level each race, I can end up picking one that results in probably about 4-5 retirements per race.

Stevomock said:
What does the True to Life AI Mod do? Does it affect damage on cars? Because isn't it true that if an AI hits you in the back, you're fine for the most part? I am almost always fine, as in no damage at all, except for rare cases where I get hit extremely hard and my rear tyre(s) falls off or my engineer tells me my diffuser is damaged.
 Here's a snapshot of what's included with F1 2013 True to Life AI:

- corrected braking points and cornering speed for the AI across all tracks
- AI overall "intelligence" has been improved

I don't know if it's true that if an AI hits you in the back, you're fine for the most part with Realistic Damage Mod installed. I know that even without the mod, I've had my rear diffuser damaged.

Stevomock said:
Actually, the damage mod can be fine tuned. It comes with multiple levels and you can pick which level of damage you want. The more intense the level, the less contact is required for damage, which results in more retirements. You can go by trial and error and pick which damage level you want to choose depending on the amount of AI retirements that you observe. The highest level is too high in my opinion because the AI doesn't drive well enough to avoid contact, and you can lose about 75% of the competition to crashes, but after tweaking the damage level each race, I can end up picking one that results in probably about 4-5 retirements per race.
I do full seasons tracking points and all and even 4-5 retirements per race is too much.

Stevomock said:
I do full seasons tracking points and all and even 4-5 retirements per race is too much.
Well that would be my own ignorance. I haven't looked closely enough at how many retirements is realistic. You can set it to the point where you probably see about 2 retirements though. The mod I have has 6 settings.

Stevomock said:
 Here's a snapshot of what's included with F1 2013 True to Life AI:

- corrected braking points and cornering speed for the AI across all tracks
- AI overall "intelligence" has been improved

I don't know if it's true that if an AI hits you in the back, you're fine for the most part with Realistic Damage Mod installed. I know that even without the mod, I've had my rear diffuser damaged.
I don't know if we are talking about the same damage mod. What I meant was that in most cases, even if I am hit hard on the back, I take no damage, which is why I have no issue with a damage amplifying mod. However, if we are talking about two different mods where the one that you are talking about actually includes more rear damage, then I understand your concern for that mod.

Stevomock said:
You can set it to the point where you probably see about 2 retirements though. The mod I have has 6 settings. I don't know if we are talking about the same damage mod. What I meant was that in most cases, even if I am hit hard on the back, I take no damage, which is why I have no issue with a damage amplifying mod. However, if we are talking about two different mods where the one that you are talking about actually includes more rear damage, then I understand your concern for that mod. 
I'm fully aware of the Realistic Damage Mod. And yes, it has 6 different settings. Right now, I play with damage on with no mods and see about 2 retirements per race on average. And yes, when I'm hit in the back, I also usually take no damage. But I've had times where I've had a damaged rear diffuser.

I was just addressing this comment. It made it sound like you thought your car would regularly be screwed if you get hit in the back. I've only been damaged by a rear hit about once in over ten 100% races this game. And this hit was hard enough to send me into the wall and end my race that way anyway.

Stevomock said:
I've only been damaged by a rear hit about once in over ten 100% races this game. And this hit was hard enough to send me into the wall and end my race that way anyway. 
If your comment is the truth and that particular hit ended your race, there would not have been time for the RE to notify you of a damaged rear diffuser.  >:)

You're wrong, because that's what happened. I was hit, and the engineer was telling me about my diffuser as I was sliding out of control before I hit the wall hard.

the race engineer have time to say whatever he wants... I spun out, through the gravel, into the barrier, lost frontving and front left tyre(real damage mod) and my race engineer: you have picked up som marbles, you will struggle for grip until it wears off. 

Or something like that

I'm saying that it sounds like his game was immediately over after hitting the wall, thereby giving his RE no time to even notify him of a damaged rear diffuser.

I'm saying that it sounds like his game was immediately over after hitting the wall, thereby giving his RE no time to even notify him of a damaged rear diffuser.
It was. I lost my wheels on the wall. But the RE was talking to me while I was sliding to the wall.