Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Question about F1 2014: Safety Car and rain

Recommended Posts

Hi to all!! Is possible in any way to edit the game settings or something else to increase the Safety Car appearance and to decrease the chance of rain in every race?? Thanks in advance! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greed3789 said:
FMassa93 said:
If you play on PC you can edit the safety car chance on each track
Could you tell me how you do this? Thanks

1: Download EGO Database Editor from here: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ and just unrar it and place it wherever you want
2: you need to download this and put in the Ego Database Editor folder to make it work with f1 2014: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/schemaf12014-for-ede.94563/
3: Then just open the Database
4: When you have opened the database, click on the track_model and find where it stands safety car chance and change it on all tracks to 1(1 is max)
5: just save the database

But I have made a Database with the correct tyres for the last races, Safety car changes, real team tiars and stuff like that. That I maybe will release to racedepartment mods selections...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FMassa93 said:
Greed3789 said:
FMassa93 said:
If you play on PC you can edit the safety car chance on each track
Could you tell me how you do this? Thanks

1: Download EGO Database Editor from here: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ and just unrar it and place it wherever you want
2: you need to download this and put in the Ego Database Editor folder to make it work with f1 2014: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/schemaf12014-for-ede.94563/
3: Then just open the Database
4: When you have opened the database, click on the track_model and find where it stands safety car chance and change it on all tracks to 1(1 is max)
5: just save the database

But I have made a Database with the correct tyres for the last races, Safety car changes, real team tiars and stuff like that. That I maybe will release to racedepartment mods selections...
Cool, I was using EGO but couldn't get it to work with F1 2014, I see that I need that file. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bhask012 said:
Hi to all!! Is possible in any way to edit the game settings or something else to increase the Safety Car appearance and to decrease the chance of rain in every race?? Thanks in advance! ;)

Max Safety Car Deploy count to 3 or 4 for each track in the track_model tab in the database. Some tracks only maxed out to 1 safety car for each race, whilst on other tracks you can get up to 3 safety car deployments each race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FMassa93 said:

1: Download EGO Database Editor from here: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ and just unrar it and place it wherever you want
2: you need to download this and put in the Ego Database Editor folder to make it work with f1 2014: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/schemaf12014-for-ede.94563/
3: Then just open the Database
4: When you have opened the database, click on the track_model and find where it stands safety car chance and change it on all tracks to 1(1 is max)
5: just save the database

But I have made a Database with the correct tyres for the last races, Safety car changes, real team tiars and stuff like that. That I maybe will release to racedepartment mods selections...
How I can change the tyres for the last races??

EDIT: Don't worry, is done! thanks again ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rain can be edited in gp mode in dyanmic environmental settings. For career it might be in the tod.XML file in each track but I don't have this game so not sure if career is using this method like last year. If it does any no rain mod from 2012 onwards should work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Definitely seems to be an awful lot of wet races when you consider there are only about 3 or 4 in a real season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FMassa93 said:

1: Download EGO Database Editor from here: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ and just unrar it and place it wherever you want
2: you need to download this and put in the Ego Database Editor folder to make it work with f1 2014: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/schemaf12014-for-ede.94563/
3: Then just open the Database
4: When you have opened the database, click on the track_model and find where it stands safety car chance and change it on all tracks to 1(1 is max)
5: just save the database
Thanks mate. I successfully made safety car refinements to my F1 2013. Shockingly, 5 tracks had default of only 0.1 chance, 6 tracks with 0.25, 5 tracks with 0.5, and 3 tracks with 0.75.

I made all of my tracks to 0.5 chance with Max Safety Car Deploy count to 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks mate. I successfully made safety car refinements to my F1 2013. Shockingly, 5 tracks had default of only 0.1 chance, 6 tracks with 0.25, 5 tracks with 0.5, and 3 tracks with 0.75.

I made all of my tracks to 0.5 chance with Max Safety Car Deploy count to 1.
I just completed 50% Monaco race without SC deployment so I increased all of my tracks to 0.75 chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks mate. I successfully made safety car refinements to my F1 2013. Shockingly, 5 tracks had default of only 0.1 chance, 6 tracks with 0.25, 5 tracks with 0.5, and 3 tracks with 0.75.

I made all of my tracks to 0.5 chance with Max Safety Car Deploy count to 1.
I just completed 50% Monaco race without SC deployment so I increased all of my tracks to 0.75 chance.
I have mine att 1 on all tracks(eventually lower it for Monaco) Since the AI drive off track when they have the chance to do that, so there is almost just safety car when they have lost a wheel or something, And on tracks like Bahrain, there is a lot of runoff area, so I find the best balance on 1 on all tracks, apart from Monaco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FMassa93 said:
I have mine att 1 on all tracks(eventually lower it for Monaco) 
Does this mean that there will be a 100 percent chance of SC deployment in the race?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No, that is just the chance for safety car when there is something blocking the racing line/track. You can have it on 1 on all tracks and not have safety car for 10races. Its just the chance for safety car to come out when there is something blocking the racing line or track. If the AI crash and have to retire, but still can move the car, then they will run off track or too runoff area, and then there is no safety car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig1405 said:
Definitely seems to be an awful lot of wet races when you consider there are only about 3 or 4 in a real season.
Absolutely. To be honest, there are so much wet races for my taste. Or maybe I'm only a very unlucky guy and I have rain in 12 races out of 19 xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FMassa93 said:
No, that is just the chance for safety car when there is something blocking the racing line/track. You can have it on 1 on all tracks and not have safety car for 10races. Its just the chance for safety car to come out when there is something blocking the racing line or track. If the AI crash and have to retire, but still can move the car, then they will run off track or too runoff area, and then there is no safety car
Yep, I just completed 50% Canada race and no SC, even with setting it to 1. There was a brief yellow on the 2nd turn but it just went away with 1 car retirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FMassa93 said:
No, that is just the chance for safety car when there is something blocking the racing line/track. You can have it on 1 on all tracks and not have safety car for 10races. Its just the chance for safety car to come out when there is something blocking the racing line or track. If the AI crash and have to retire, but still can move the car, then they will run off track or too runoff area, and then there is no safety car
Yep, I just completed 50% Canada race and no SC, even with setting it to 1. There was a brief yellow on the 2nd turn of the 1st lap but it just went away with 1 car retirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×