Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 PS3 League for wheel users only

Gday Im thinking of Starting a new league for wheel users only, Im just trying to get an idea of how many people would be interested in a league like that considering all the debate about pad users and the advantages they have. Leave a comment if you would be keen and if the numbers are there I'll get it going.

Just keep in mind, it's likely Codemasters will patch the always on traction control for pad users which makes them faster and the understeer which makes them slower.

Just keep in mind, it's likely Codemasters will patch the always on traction control for pad users which makes them faster and the understeer which makes them slower.
Yeah I thought of that mate but if everybody is on a wheel then there's no problems with who has what advantage etc etc

It would be nice if you start a league with no assist, otherwise what is the sense of getting a wheel set. 

I am interested as well.  I think the joy of trying to man handle the car around the track with others in like circumstances would be fun.

PSN: SuburbanNoize33 

rich99993 said:
but how do you know the driver is on a wheel or pad,
Oh you'd notice straight away... The difference in traction and exit speed out of slow corners is huge, gives it away every time 

Hey, maybe we can go on track and show we can do a "donut".  Have someone expectate and watch everyone do it.

Seriously, if you start the league with no assists, you should not be able to do donuts with a pad.  Is this correct?  I think this might also find those that have a pad-profiled wheel.  

I read somewhere that if you start your profile in the game with a pad and then later change to a wheel, you will retain the always traction control and always steering assist no matter if the game hosted is with no assist.   Some people might not even know they have it and think they are all that.   On the other hand some people know this and set their profile this way deliberatly.  So everyone, test yourself, see if you can do donuts with no assists.

For those interested in racing with wheels only and no assists; I am openning a lobby on Monday 7 PM USA Central time.

Would you like to join my racing league its on a Sunday at 6:45 and we and we are still recruiting some drivers for the PS3 http://hrlracingleague.weebly.com/

Kian, You currently allow both wheel and pads combined on the same race.  If you look at the title of thread: it is obvious that your reply in this thread does not belong and only serves to deviate its purpose.  I will reiterate,  for those who are interested in only wheels and no assists, I will be opening a lobby on Monday, January 26, at 7PM USA Central time.   I have already contacted like people privately, so if you have the same interest; please join us.   The starting time is workable between 6pm later, depending on location of interested parties.   For now it is 7 PM.

We had a moderate turn out for wheels only and no assists.  I will do this maybe 2 or 3 times open to everyone and then it will be by invite only.  I will suggest for those interested to send me your information privately so that I can add you.  We are currently without a home (website),  but if we can get a group together, maybe we can ask for an umbrella league so that we can do this properly.  Mondays 7 PM USA Central.

We will be playing Spa this coming Monday 7:00 PM USA Central.   25%  No Assist, please wheels only.