Sign in to follow this  

Annoying team radio

I think the messages on the team radio are totally annoying in F1 2014.

1. I don't need to be reminded of the DRS rule every single race multiple times. This message should be cut from the game entirely if you're playing in expert oder legend mode. It can be safely assumed that people know of this rule perfectly well on those difficulty levels.
  2. Almost all message regarding current pace in comparison to rest of the field or drivers immediately in front or behind of you are WRONG. If they gain on me I get the message that I'm pulling away. When I am 3 secs slower than the purple time of the leader I get told that I'm keeping up with race speed. The list goes on and on. It can't be hard to fix that.
  3. I don't need constant hints and explanations on fuel consumption either. It's okay if I got the message "You are plus 1 now" or "You are -2 on fuel".  Short, precise and to the point please.
  4. A lot of messages are contradicting each other. For example, I get the information that I'll probably finish on my current position and I should get the car home safely and only a few seconds later it is "You need to keep pushing, you lead the driver behind you by only 8 seconds"
  5. The messages just after a pit stop are usually totally pointless. Something like "You are on the harder tyres, yet you manage to keep the gap constant" just 10 seconds into my stint ... things like that really kill me :)
It's all the little things that ruin the atmosphere and the game play ... like pit stop times being identical every time and pointless radio messages. Codemasters, please put in a little effort and address the small details. Driving feels great, graphics are fantastic, now make the game more enjoyable.

Every time I pit I get the message that I have picked up som marbels and shoud keep to the racing line. :-)

"We need to catch up to the car in front"

yeah, thanks for that. That's kinda like what racing is about!

oeicoeic said:
Then  turn it off in options  SIMPLE FIX  ...
That's not the most helpful of replies. 
The guys asking for some realism here and you suggest having no race engineer at all...

I totally agree with the points made. 
The race engineer is very poor. He offers nothing helpful in terms of strategy or gap to your rivals. It's rare he mentions useful info about tyre and engine temp. 
We don't need to hear 'that's ......ahead, go for the overtake'. What does he think we are trying to do??
10 races into a season and he explains how the DRS works after 2 laps...
Why can't codemasters kindly ask a real race engineer to come and record some sound clips and offer advice on what is actually said to a driver?

Do you really think CM  are going to spend any more time on the 2014 release than they have to all they will do it is the minimal bug fix's  and then say sorry guy's we are to busy  working on next gen  it's  funny how we still got bug's from 2010 2011 2012 2013   STILL IN THE GAME !!! ...

Don't deprive us of our comedy, we love the idiot in our ear. He could probably do with some new one-liners though.

Don't deprive us of our comedy, we love the idiot in our ear. He could probably do with some new one-liners though.
how true   like are we still going to the pub then night club after the rave in the pit lane B) after the race  that's got to be redbull  radio hehehehe ...

Yeah, race engineer is a complete f*ck nugget. It hasnt been changed since 2010, same boring messages, and that voice..yawn

what are you talking about? he is fantastic! a good example of that:

''There are som debries on youre tires, you will strugle for grip until that clears off(or something)''
http://i.imgur.com/UXq1um2.jpg

He definitely needs new and more lines but he's better than nothing. Just be sure not to include driver coaching, as Bernie surely wouldn't want that.  :'(

If i remember correctly i saw a tweet from steve hood saying something about "heaps of new lines for the engineer to say" obviously not for F1 2014 so next gen f1

If i remember correctly i saw a tweet from steve hood saying something about "heaps of new lines for the engineer to say" obviously not for F1 2014 so next gen f1
I wonder how those plans are affected by the clamp down on team radio next year...

Skye said:
I wonder how those plans are affected by the clamp down on team radio next year...
Who knows haha

I just can't believe they haven't changed his voice for a start! Some different sentences and a new voice at least gives a fresh feel to a new game. The only useful things they inform you of is how far away rain is and when your team-mate is in the pits. I can't defend CM on this one it's just pathetic. 0/10 for team radio.

TMDol said:
I just can't believe they haven't changed his voice for a start! Some different sentences and a new voice at least gives a fresh feel to a new game. The only useful things they inform you of is how far away rain is and when your team-mate is in the pits. I can't defend CM on this one it's just pathetic. 0/10 for team radio.
I wholeheartedly agree. If CM just used some of the real RE's lines that were used during the season for each of the drivers, that in itself would freshen up the game to the point where I'd complete a season for every driver. Just imagine hearing Lewis's RE while your racing(I really like his voice). This in itself would have me pre-ordering F1 2015 right now. 

I think the messages on the team radio are totally annoying in F1 2014.

1. I don't need to be reminded of the DRS rule every single race multiple times. This message should be cut from the game entirely if you're playing in expert oder legend mode. It can be safely assumed that people know of this rule perfectly well on those difficulty levels.
  2. Almost all message regarding current pace in comparison to rest of the field or drivers immediately in front or behind of you are WRONG. If they gain on me I get the message that I'm pulling away. When I am 3 secs slower than the purple time of the leader I get told that I'm keeping up with race speed. The list goes on and on. It can't be hard to fix that.
  3. I don't need constant hints and explanations on fuel consumption either. It's okay if I got the message "You are plus 1 now" or "You are -2 on fuel".  Short, precise and to the point please.
  4. A lot of messages are contradicting each other. For example, I get the information that I'll probably finish on my current position and I should get the car home safely and only a few seconds later it is "You need to keep pushing, you lead the driver behind you by only 8 seconds"
  5. The messages just after a pit stop are usually totally pointless. Something like "You are on the harder tyres, yet you manage to keep the gap constant" just 10 seconds into my stint ... things like that really kill me :)
It's all the little things that ruin the atmosphere and the game play ... like pit stop times being identical every time and pointless radio messages. Codemasters, please put in a little effort and address the small details. Driving feels great, graphics are fantastic, now make the game more enjoyable.
On past F1 games you could reduce the amount of verbosity meaning they talk less....maybe do that. But I know what you mean same stale old boring engineer saying same stale boring twaddle!

I wholeheartedly agree. If CM just used some of the real RE's lines that were used during the season for each of the drivers, that in itself would freshen up the game to the point where I'd complete a season for every driver. Just imagine hearing Lewis's RE while your racing(I really like his voice). This in itself would have me pre-ordering F1 2015 right now. 
Alonso's RE: "Okay, Richchardo's staying out at the moment, Richchardo's staying out at the moment. But he's going very slow, he's going very slow. Should be okay."

Also they should be a option to be able to reply to the engineer  positively  or negitively  depending on how you feel the car is handling at that moment in time  ...

You guys are lucky to even have the pit crew and you can hear them. Seems like there is a glitch across Xbox and ps4 which are making it hard to hear messages from the pit lane. Anyone know how to I am able to fix this?