Sign in to follow this  

Mirror is here!

Been waiting for that answer for about 2 weeks Now I can trade grid autosport and play f1 2014
That will teach CM!  

On a different note,  I got the mirror working,  

Replace the system folder with this one,  LMAO.  Yeah good one.  Had my doubts about that, good job for backups.  

@Loore,  there is soooooooooooooooooo much stuff you can turn off on the console versions to free up memory.  While Ultra looks awesome, my machine can only dream of handling that. 
I cannot race in Ultra mode,   but I can turn off all sorts of stuff, and have it still look miles better than the xbox.  

Get rid of the crowd, the aircraft, the balloons, the ground cover,  Im still able to play with the car and track on HIGH detail,  The consoles are suffering due to lack of memory, yet you have taken up lots of memory with eye candy, that can go, and still have a good looking racing game.  

and the upgrade fix?? :)
Loore said:
mcnab said:
Loore said:
@Loore: Can you tell us for how long the mirror was already in the game?
As the mod from Racedepartment.com only activates the options to enable it!
And why was this feature hidden?
For a while, through various stages of its development (there was even a thread on this forum about it).

We haven't / had not finished testing it yet, we're currently in the process of that now and it should be in the game as default in the next PC patch alongside the improved playlists.
and the upgrade fix?? :)
Don't have any updates right now.
:'(

Loore said:
@Loore: Can you tell us for how long the mirror was already in the game?
As the mod from Racedepartment.com only activates the options to enable it!
And why was this feature hidden?
For a while, through various stages of its development (there was even a thread on this forum about it).

We haven't / had not finished testing it yet, we're currently in the process of that now and it should be in the game as default in the next PC patch alongside the improved playlists.

thanks for that.

Any ETA on when that patch will arrive @Loore?

Been waiting for that answer for about 2 weeks Now I can trade grid autosport and play f1 2014
We've been giving you that answer for 3 weeks. 

MotoWPK said:
Loore said:
Is the. Rearveiw mirror patch comming to ps3

Afraid not.
Why not? Why is the PS3 version a lesser version of GAS?
because the console can't handle it as the games already running at capacity on that system.

Still no mirror on pc, still freezes on xbox, still you're working on it, still it's thru QA.
You CM are a disgrace and an offence to my own intelligence.
My contempt can only be expressed by my wallet being closed to you forerver.
Go and live your painful slow death through mediocrity.

muckymu said:
Still no mirror on pc, still freezes on xbox, still you're working on it, still it's thru QA.
You CM are a disgrace and an offence to my own intelligence.
My contempt can only be expressed by my wallet being closed to you forerver.
Go and live your painful slow death through mediocrity.
Actually there is one as it's been tested and unlocked now as I have it/It was in the last PC patch. I've used it and I enjoy using it.

One drinks too many - please excuse my approximate rant. I actually never had the chance to try the mirror. Took so long, and when I installed the update, I started getting Steam not connected issues, couldn't play the game, never tried again. Doesn't change my overall deception - though I usually keep it to myself and I will again. Please disregard....

Thanks to 'Aerodance' and 'Flowaangelz'  I have enabled the wide mirror, it depends on your resolution but the file is here-

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\GRID Autosport\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml

(XXX being the name of your PC)

<mirrors enabled="true" width="3000" height="256" car_maxlod="4" />

Make sure you save after editing.

The width Flow enabled is 3000 for the full width on a 1920 monitor, I put in 2000 for a 1680 monitor and it stretches it in between the driver list and lap times which is perfect for me, only change the width not the height, you can experiment with which suits your own preference.

When you go into the graphics option the rear view mirror will now show as custom and you wont be able to change it in game then so any changes need to be done through the config folder or reset it back to original to re-enable the mirror option in game.

Also if you have a low end graphics card and struggling already this won't help as effectively you now have a 10th of another screen running and it does affect your FPS so run a benchmark after you have tweaked it.

PC only, you could tape a bathroom mirror to the top of the PS3 but you wont see behind you but you will be able to marvel at your own gorgeousness lol.

@RWBSUPERCHARGER‌
Thank you very much for the quick solution - its working fine!
Did some quick testing, just for the record:
- 1920 fills the whole width of my 1920 monitor.
- Entering bigger values (tested 3000 and 2000) didn't change anything compared to 1920 .
- Smaller values reduce the mirror as expected.
As i can say atm performance is no problem, because i reduced all for a racing game imho unneccessary but powerhungry graphic overload.
Looking forward for racing now, guess it will help avoiding crashes just a little bit more than the normal mirror.

Thanks to 'Aerodance' and 'Flowaangelz'  I have enabled the wide mirror, it depends on your resolution but the file is here-

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\GRID Autosport\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml

(XXX being the name of your PC)

<mirrors enabled="true" width="3000" height="256" car_maxlod="4" />

Make sure you save after editing.

The width Flow enabled is 3000 for the full width on a 1920 monitor, I put in 2000 for a 1680 monitor and it stretches it in between the driver list and lap times which is perfect for me, only change the width not the height, you can experiment with which suits your own preference.

When you go into the graphics option the rear view mirror will now show as custom and you wont be able to change it in game then so any changes need to be done through the config folder or reset it back to original to re-enable the mirror option in game.

Also if you have a low end graphics card and struggling already this won't help as effectively you now have a 10th of another screen running and it does affect your FPS so run a benchmark after you have tweaked it.
Yeah that's how I've got mine too