DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Mirror is here!

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/grid-autosport-rear-view-mirror.3757/

Some guy has done what Codies cudn't.

It works online.

Its probably a good idea make sure VAC will not create problems with this, before using it...

Using common sense also, I would say that its pretty strange CM didnt release it, if it was so simple... There is probably a but somewhere... Unless the mirror severly increases processing power requirements and they just dont think its worth it...

Its probably a good idea make sure VAC will not create problems with this, before using it...

Using common sense also, I would say that its pretty strange CM didnt release it, if it was so simple... There is probably a but somewhere... Unless the mirror severly increases processing power requirements and they just dont think its worth it...

Used it for couple of hours and haven't encountered any problems, frame drops or etc.

This is going to be a bit of a game changer for our club, can't wait until tonight, just means I can see @Flowaangelz coming up behind me to pass me and run off into the distance lol.

If the code"masters" guy would speak with each other, the mess 'bout the mirrors could have been avoided!
The F1-20nn community has the very same discussion in 2012!
We had really bad rear-view mirrors and this annoying arrows. In 2013 we got some really good rear-view mirrors, even in cockpit. OK, in the actual titel, F1-2014, the image in the mirrors look very ugly. Someone mentioned they look like the graphics from a SNES. With a little modding they have the same graphics as the rest of the game!
Hopefully F1-2015 is getting better, at least graphic-wise. But I doubt they can reach something like Assetto Corsa!!!!!! Wether in graphics, nor in the more important aspect, the physics!!!

Very nice, tried it out today works great no performance impact, highly recommended. :)

@Loore: Can you tell us for how long the mirror was already in the game?
As the mod from Racedepartment.com only activates the options to enable it!
And why was this feature hidden?

I'm guessing because it hasn't been fully tested yet

Codies should really try community beta testing with their patches etc. Oh wait, they did when they released this game and didn't bother to mention it.
On a serious note, players of Street Fighter can enroll in beta patches at times. The downside is you can only play online with those that have the beta patch. Upside is you get your patch tested across more hardware configurations that would ever be possible and you get around the clock feedback on the patch. This is a great way to debug and no one has their arm twisted to try it.

BTW, this mirror mod is awesome. I am looking for a way to make the mirror a tad smaller. I think it is awesome that even the level of detail in the mirror is as good as the rest of the game on ultra and when you turn it down the resolution drops in the mirror. Nice way to scale this feature. Killer job on part of the modder !

I played around with it and you can get an even higher res on the mirror by setting the config to width 1024 and height 256 max lod 0, in the config of the modders, it is set to w 256, h 64, max lod 4 as default.

I am looking into changing the size of the mirror to make it wider and thinner.

In another thread, Loore said he'd uncovered the WIP mirror Codemasters were working on, not sure why it's taking them so long. Perhaps as it's been modded in, Codemasters won't bother finishing it. But hopefully not, that'd remind me of when people found and hacked in the bonus DLC cars to Need For Speed ProStreet, then EA disabled them in a patch and never gave or sold the DLC to PC players!

In another thread, Loore said he'd uncovered the WIP mirror Codemasters were working on, not sure why it's taking them so long. Perhaps as it's been modded in, Codemasters won't bother finishing it. But hopefully not, that'd remind me of when people found and hacked in the bonus DLC cars to Need For Speed ProStreet, then EA disabled them in a patch and never gave or sold the DLC to PC players!
yeah it would be nice if CM finished the job and unlocked it for us as I'd rather have the option within the game to turn it on/off rather than modded in.

This mirror mod?   To make it work, all I have to do is copy the system folder over the existing one??........or copy the files from this mod, into the existing system folder? 

I copied the files into the system folder, and I can see the option for the rear view, but i dont see it.  

What did I do wrong? 

For a while, through various stages of its development (there was even a thread on this forum about it).

We haven't / had not finished testing it yet, we're currently in the process of that now and it should be in the game as default in the next PC patch alongside the improved playlists.

GRID Autosport - Rear-view mirror

-Unpack the zip and replace the included “system” folder with the one in your Steam folder (most likely Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/Grid Autosport).
-Run game.
-Select OPTION & EXTRAS-OPTIONS-GRAPHICS-CHOOSE PRESET-select any settings
-Select QULITY-ADVANCED and apply the desired settings.
-enjoy

By SirogaUA

Did that, and the game doesnt start.  

replace the included “system” folder with the one in your Steam folder

Thats not really what your supposed to do is it? 

Loore said:
For a while, through various stages of its development (there was even a thread on this forum about it).

We haven't / had not finished testing it yet, we're currently in the process of that now and it should be in the game as default in the next PC patch alongside the improved playlists.
and the upgrade fix?? :)

mcnab said:
Loore said:

and the upgrade fix?? :)
Don't have any updates right now.