Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a more inclusive Pit Lane experience...MAYBE 2015???

So i have an idea that i want you guys to think about.  Would it be a good idea for the creators of the game to make the pit lane experience a bit more inclusive.  I was think about a "In his shoes" moment where you become say...the left front tire technician.  As the car pulls into the pit box the camera goes into First Person view (the left front tire technician) and switches to a slow motion style effect.  Here i have a few ideas such as;
1. As the car arrives you have to aim the wheel gun into the right spot and hit the trigger to engage the wheel?
2. As the car arrives you have to press a series of buttons, the more accurate the timing and completion of the task = quicker pit stop?
3. Tap a single button as fast a possible, the faster you tap the button = Quicker pit stop?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed as of yet but as I was watching the trailer for F1 2014 this idea came to mind.  Would be cool to get a few peoples opinions and/or ideas of their own about this idea.  

Thanks guys

I want to drive as Hamilton in Merc and drive into Mclarens pit. Make it possible or else..

That's a horrible idea...
We are racing as the driver. Changing to somebody else would completely break the immersion. It's bad enough having it change cameras when you enter the pitlane anyway.
Also, what's happening on track while you're bumming around in a slow mo mini-game? You lose 30 seconds as it is in the pits, by the time you come out you'll be getting lapped.
i think the word you were looking for was 'interactive', not 'inclusive'.
2010 had a great pit lane feature in having to manualy apply the pit limiter and brake into your pit box. You could actually hit your front jack man and lose a few seconds being pushed backwards if you timed it wrong.
This was a good feature that should never have been removed. It's a real time variable that could make or break your pitstop and jump a rival on track. It had just the right amount of interaction and wasn't a mini-game!
Agreed!!!

2010 had a great pit lane feature in having to manualy apply the pit limiter and brake into your pit box. You could actually hit your front jack man and lose a few seconds being pushed backwards if you timed it wrong.
Yeah, 2010 had the right idea but losing a few seconds in one pitstop was too harsh. I say limit it to losing 1.5 seconds at most for not hitting your marks.

Sorry for the bad quality of the video but something like this from F1 Championship Edition, but a bit more refined maybe?
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg9E9x3rEMA

That's a horrible idea...
We are racing as the driver. Changing to somebody else would completely break the immersion. It's bad enough having it change cameras when you enter the pitlane anyway.

theres not much immersion now, but i wanna be the driver, not a pit crew member of mini game player, so i agree with you

There could be pit stops like in 2010 where it was manual with stopping in the right place etc. Or maybe once you're in the pit box you would have to hold the revs constant like you hear the drivers do in stops to get the perfect launch or something like that. Just a thought

DZUKELA said:
I want to drive as Hamilton in Merc and drive into Mclarens pit. Make it possible or else..
I want to drive as Hamilton in his Merc and drive into McLaren's pit box.

Seriously, manual braking into your pit box like in 2010 wasn't much, but added to the feel of the game as all pit stops now are completely automatic. I don't want a mini game like in Championship Edition, but some sort of  car control in pit lane.