Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

BOX BOX BOX – F1® 2018’s Cover Art Revealed

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

It’s finally time to reveal F1® 2018’s game covers to the world! F1 2018 is all about making headlines, and this is very much the theme for this year. Expanding on last year, where we had different artwork for Australia, the Americas, and the Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg, as well our main cover art, we now have different driver line-up versions for Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg and Mexico, alongside our main cover art for this year. Some of you eagle-eyed fans will have noticed out in the wild already, but we think it’s so good you deserve to see it again – plus all of the other versions that will be available around the globe.

You can read the full blog post here, which has all the different variations of box cover art for you to view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Versions:

- Mexico ✔
- Spain ✔
- Australia ✔
- Germany/Austria/Switzerland ✔
- Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg ✔
- France ✔


- Italy ✖


Thanks Codemasters ✌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TopSpeed1 said:
Versions:

- Mexico ✔
- Spain ✔
- Australia ✔
- Germany/Austria/Switzerland ✔
- Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg ✔
- France ✔


- Italy ✖


Thanks Codemasters ✌

Expecially considering that selling an F1 game in Italy with Hamilton AND Verstappen on the front cover is like advertising Sky Sport right now in Germany with "Exclusive rights to the FIFA World Cup in Russia!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So we know the box but nothing about the game itself. Ever heard the term never judge a book by its cover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what the back of the box looks like. I wonder what the side/spine of the box will look like on the shelf stacked alongside other games. I wonder what the inside of the box looks like. I wonder what the disc in the box looks like. Listen to the fans & show us these important details about the game! :p


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LSKone said:
Serious question: Why is Verstappen on the German cover?
Hulkenburg anyone?
Hulkenburg???
It just a bug and as aaday 1 patch, it will come with a sticker of Hulkenburg inside so that you can 'patch' over Verstappen....however, being that it's Codies, the sticker would probably be Hulkenburg standing the wrong way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuanCarMR said:
Nothing new in Codemasters year after year... no relevant information with a month to go.

What do you want to know. They have already told us this so far:
- More Classics will be in game on top of what we have
- Media appearances will be back in career
- Reputation has been fixed to reflect what you say in the media
- R&D has had a complete revamp, with changes happening every few seasons to keep it interesting.
- Online now has a superlicense
- its been rumoured we will have regions for online.

I don't know what else you need to know, keeping in mind that we still have just under two months until release, if they give all the information now, what will they have closer to release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mceci1 said:
JuanCarMR said:
Nothing new in Codemasters year after year... no relevant information with a month to go.

What do you want to know. They have already told us this so far:
- More Classics will be in game on top of what we have
- Media appearances will be back in career
- Reputation has been fixed to reflect what you say in the media
- R&D has had a complete revamp, with changes happening every few seasons to keep it interesting.
- Online now has a superlicense
- its been rumoured we will have regions for online.

I don't know what else you need to know, keeping in mind that we still have just under two months until release, if they give all the information now, what will they have closer to release
The point is that we never heard anything about the bugs and glitches, the player found over the last month. Did they say anything about it? No. Did they try to solve it for 2018? Who knows. All what we know are a few new implementations. Thats fine, but not the major question. 
It seems like „ok, we‘ll give you media appearence. Don‘t think about multiplayer or safety car bug anymore“. 
All we want to know is an official statement that they are working on the major bugs and maybe a hint if it‘s working during beta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akkan74 said:
mceci1 said:
JuanCarMR said:
Nothing new in Codemasters year after year... no relevant information with a month to go.

What do you want to know. They have already told us this so far:
- More Classics will be in game on top of what we have
- Media appearances will be back in career
- Reputation has been fixed to reflect what you say in the media
- R&D has had a complete revamp, with changes happening every few seasons to keep it interesting.
- Online now has a superlicense
- its been rumoured we will have regions for online.

I don't know what else you need to know, keeping in mind that we still have just under two months until release, if they give all the information now, what will they have closer to release
The point is that we never heard anything about the bugs and glitches, the player found over the last month. Did they say anything about it? No. Did they try to solve it for 2018? Who knows. All what we know are a few new implementations. Thats fine, but not the major question. 
It seems like „ok, we‘ll give you media appearence. Don‘t think about multiplayer or safety car bug anymore“. 
All we want to know is an official statement that they are working on the major bugs and maybe a hint if it‘s working during beta. 

And you wont know about any bugs until release, because half the bugs are found by the community. How can they tell us about something they don't know about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mceci1 said:
Akkan74 said:
mceci1 said:
JuanCarMR said:
Nothing new in Codemasters year after year... no relevant information with a month to go.

What do you want to know. They have already told us this so far:
- More Classics will be in game on top of what we have
- Media appearances will be back in career
- Reputation has been fixed to reflect what you say in the media
- R&D has had a complete revamp, with changes happening every few seasons to keep it interesting.
- Online now has a superlicense
- its been rumoured we will have regions for online.

I don't know what else you need to know, keeping in mind that we still have just under two months until release, if they give all the information now, what will they have closer to release
The point is that we never heard anything about the bugs and glitches, the player found over the last month. Did they say anything about it? No. Did they try to solve it for 2018? Who knows. All what we know are a few new implementations. Thats fine, but not the major question. 
It seems like „ok, we‘ll give you media appearence. Don‘t think about multiplayer or safety car bug anymore“. 
All we want to know is an official statement that they are working on the major bugs and maybe a hint if it‘s working during beta. 

And you wont know about any bugs until release, because half the bugs are found by the community. How can they tell us about something they don't know about
We are talking about the bugs in 2017. Do you ever hear they try to fix the safety car bug for 2018? Thats the point most of the players are interested in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you wont know about any bugs until release, because half the bugs are found by the community. How can they tell us about something they don't know about
@@mceci1 imo - Thus the original quote... "Nothing new in Codemasters year after year..."
You'd think a company who have been shown so many bugs/glitches (repeat offending ones and all) by the community, would test their code more rigorously this time round, so the community DOESN'T HAVE TO FIND BUGS AND GLITCHES. 

We're not testers pal, we're gamers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuanCarMR said:
Nothing new in Codemasters year after year... no relevant information with a month to go.
Actually, just under 2 months. It’s released on Aug 24. It’s now 29 Jun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Another boring cover. The 2010 - 2012 ones were much better, even if they were just a different background colour each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There is once again a steel book special edition avaialble this year, as has been tweeted by this Spanish games store

https://twitter.com/KochMedia_es/status/1012660384413732864

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TopSpeed1 said:
Versions:

- Mexico ✔
- Spain ✔
- Australia ✔
- Germany/Austria/Switzerland ✔
- Netherlands/Belgium/Luxembourg ✔
- France ✔


- Italy ✖


Thanks Codemasters

-Scandinavian/North European edition
We have Bottas, Raikkonen, Magnussen and Ericson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Scandinavian/North European edition
We have Bottas, Raikkonen, Magnussen and Ericson
lol just come on. 1 driver who hasn't had a chance to battle for the title, 1 old dude people love, 1 young dude almost everyone hates these days and someone who people don't even remember. An advertisement from the Finnish broadcasters about the 2017 season even joked about Ericsson being slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you wont know about any bugs until release, because half the bugs are found by the community. How can they tell us about something they don't know about
@@mceci1 imo - Thus the original quote... "Nothing new in Codemasters year after year..."
You'd think a company who have been shown so many bugs/glitches (repeat offending ones and all) by the community, would test their code more rigorously this time round, so the community DOESN'T HAVE TO FIND BUGS AND GLITCHES. 

We're not testers pal, we're gamers!
Well, I can't say much more then what I have said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GAME are providing the steelbook with preorders in the UK

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/games/formula-one/f1-2018/?cm_sp=comingsoon-_-seemore-_-F12018&mobileFlag=true#Page0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LSKone said:
Serious question: Why is Verstappen on the German cover?
Apart from the fact that he's very obviously Dutch, it's a subliminal message as F1 2018, according to past performance, won't be able to go for a whole race without crashing. Much like Verstappen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×