Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2014: weird FFB, Career Austria unplayable with G27

I was playing Austria GP in a short career, driving a McLaren car. Whenever I reached the brake point before any corner, the wheel automaticlly steers to left.
For example, I drive to 100m board at turn 1, the G27 wheel sharply steers to left out of nowhere, making the race extremely difficult. This occurs before EVERY corner, at EVERY brake point.
But everything's fine in Time Trial. So I have absolutely no idea what was happening. This is really annoying.
Are you on PC? Enable V-sync if so. This is a known interaction bug between Logitech and the Codies games. I hate it, and personally have been known to completely reinstall the program as I hate playing with v-sync on. I've found that using a flashback triggers it for me, although fiddling with the override settings will also do it. 
Even with V-Sync on, there's a bug that causes some small erratic wheel behavior.   I've noticed it on a few parts of the track at Austria, and on the back straight at Malaysia when you move to the right of the track earlier than you normally would, to try and avoid letting the car behind get in your slip stream.  Just a little tug on the wheel.
  • 2 weeks later...
Even with V-Sync on, there's a bug that causes some small erratic wheel behavior.   I've noticed it on a few parts of the track at Austria, and on the back straight at Malaysia when you move to the right of the track earlier than you normally would, to try and avoid letting the car behind get in your slip stream.  Just a little tug on the wheel.
almost every track has this at some point in areas off line, it's bizarre. bahrain is another particularly bad one.
  • 2 months later...
WillH27 said:

I have found this bug in the previous games too. If the frame rate is over 100FPS, the FFB goes haywire.

My solution was to install HD modded skins for the cars to lower the frame rate. As a side effect, they looked much better as well :)

I have the same issue, what mod you have installed?
All you need to do to fix it is lower your framerate, and V-Sync in the graphics menu will do that.
  • 3 weeks later...