Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Tyre Glitch

So im doing a co-op season with a mate when I cut a corner on a R and D test on the prime orange tyres when this happened, anyone else had this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rtR4dq6SYM

Its always been in the game guys! when I have a r@d ill do my laps and then once I complete the laps my tyres are new when I cross the line. My guess is he put options on in the garage but the r@d put him on primes so soon as he failed he was on the options :) least that what id say going of past games. Doesnt make it right but something I noticed a long time ago is the r@d gets done on a free set of tyres.

Definitely missed a check of better quality before the game is released by the CM. 
The game is full of problems. 
They should have released the beta versions for many users to test and report any kind of error, so I realized the beta was released a few users. That was a mistake, you need to call a teacher to take classes on statistical sampling, it would take a major leap in the quality of the final game.

if this is true, it only supports my view that CM simply have not focused  the target on getting the basics right ..... 

awful QC if this can be consistently replicated ......

MS7XWDC said:
if this is true, it only supports my view that CM simply have not focused  the target on getting the basics right ..... 

Well it's been consitently replicated since F1 2011 and no one said anything for the last 3 years.

Mustn't be much to complain about this year as we're really starting to clutch at straws aren't we?

This is R&D, doesnt affect an online race, doesnt affect GP mode. doesnt affect qualifying, doesnt affect TT.

The tyres change after you complete or fail and R&D test. Boo bloody hoo.

I think tyre temp/wear resets as you cross the line.  Please test.
No need to test. You are correct.

This has been the case for 3 years as mentioned above.

MS7XWDC said:

Not really imo as it means ppl can do what they want with there tyres and not worry about keeping life in them for the r@d. Know it not realistic but least with the 1 session they give us dont have to worry about keeping/using tyre life for a 5 lap r@d

this is not a bug it automatically changes tires after you pass a r and d objective or in your case cut the corner and fail it.  its been like this for years.

TheHemps said:
MS7XWDC said:

Well it's been consitently replicated since F1 2011 and no one said anything for the last 3 years.

Mustn't be much to complain about this year as we're really starting to clutch at straws aren't we?

This is R&D, doesnt affect an online race, doesnt affect GP mode. doesnt affect qualifying, doesnt affect TT.

Oh, i got it ........since its a 3 year old bug, CM gets a free pass in your view. Great marketing strategy: "F1 2014; hey, at least there are no NEW bugs !!!!".
That will surely create confidence in F1 2015
LOL

MS7XWDC said:
TheHemps said:
MS7XWDC said:

Oh, i got it ........since its a 3 year old bug, CM gets a free pass in your view. Great marketing strategy: "F1 2014; hey, at least there are no NEW bugs !!!!".
LOL

You'd be correct.......................If it was a bug and not a design feature!

TheHemps said:
MS7XWDC said:
TheHemps said:
MS7XWDC said:

LOL

You'd be correct.......................If it was a bug and not a design feature!
A design feature ????
Really ?

Tyres that magically change mid-corner ?????

Wow, you are far worse than i thought.

That post is the most ridiculous post ive ever read.

Count me as one who feels this is NOT a glitch.  if you failed R&D test then you are put back on the tires you initially chose.  

I know people feel the need to stick up for CM, but this is certainly NOT a design feature!! You'd have to be a right idiot to believe that!! (And an even bigger one to argue it..)

They haven't changed in previous games.
Infact, in previous games, the target time for your R&D would change depending on what tyres you chose before accepting it. (Primes having a few seconds longer, for e.g)

This is nothing short of lazy programming on CM part!

How do you know its a bug tho and not the way codies decided to design it? Imo it a good feature as ALL the other games you would do your r@d on a free set of tyres and as soon as you complete/fail them you were on a different set of tyres than you done the test on. Does it really matter that you dont have to use your own tyres to do a r@d? NO! honestly matt some of your posts you make some good points but it like you expect every thing to be real world like yet seem to forget this is a game at the end of the day and not the mclaren sim lol! If this was happening during quali or the race then fair enough but for a 5 laps max r@d does it matter to you that much? Btw never stick up for codies just feel some ppl jump on every little detail such as a kerb being the wrong colour when it has no impact on the gameplay!