F1® 2018 – Supported Wheels And Controllers

Anyone on here use the Fanatec Mclaren GT3  rim, if so, can you map the MPS? If you can, how do they work in game? Directional switches? actually MPS proper? I know in 2017 you can't map them at all, even as just a left/right switch type which sucks.

Edited because I don't know wtf I was thinking lol.

I got a Trustmaster ferrari 458 italia racing wheel. Will I be able to use it in the game, does it work? I can see it in the X box section, but im jusing it for pc, and its nog on the list for the pc. So will it work?

So F1 2018 is launched. Congrats!!
Is there support for motion control (tilt to steer) for PS4 dualshock ?

If you do a search on “dualshock” in this forum, you’ll find that Codemasters has NEVER responded to any questions about the tilt control on PS4’s Dualshock 4. My assumption is they don’t support it. I get the sense that Codemasters’ attitude is that if you don’t have a wheel and pedals, you’re not serious enough to matter. That’s b******t, of course. I live in a small apartment, I’m married, and there is practically zero chance that I’m going to buy a wheel and pedals. I don’t even have a table that I could clamp the wheel onto. Does that mean I should give up on driving games entirely? No, but I have to suffer with idiotic contol systems, because the developers don’t have any new ideas.

Logitech Formula Force EX/RX is listed as supported even though at the moment is is almost unplayable with it. It starts to go off center during the race. I really hope they fix this
https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/138500/steering-wheel-begins-to-go-off-center-gradually-during-a-race

CavSTiago said:
MY ISSUE: * MAKE CURVED STRAIGHTS, THAT IS, KEEP A CONSTANT MOVEMENT IN A CURVED STRAIGHT, IT'S VERY DIFFICULT 
AND * ALIGN THE CAR EASILY ON THE STRAIGHT, SHOULD BE MUCH MORE EASY

I'm waiting for a better precision on Xbox One
Controller, is very difficult to do a lap in F1 2017 without out of tracing “racing line”, same with very training because of sensibility, and if you uses linearity or saturation, create distortion of direction, none good. I have difficulty to put my car aligned on straight or keep pressure in straight curveds that you have make a constant move, the car stay instable in direction, you want turn a bit, constantly and is very difficult, if you pressure a bit more, the car is out is direction that you want 
And if your try move the minimum, the direction don't movd too 
Bother me, is frustrating trying to do a hotlap without successful 
Should have anyway to improve the direction and keep precisely without lose sensibility 
Please, find solutions for the players of PC - Xbox One S Controller @Faya, @jennyannem
Thanks! My controller is perfect in this F1 2018 game!!! All the inconsistencies are solveds!

Logitech Formula Force EX/RX is listed as supported even though at the moment is is almost unplayable with it. It starts to go off center during the race. I really hope they fix this
https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/138500/steering-wheel-begins-to-go-off-center-gradually-during-a-race

I noticed an interesting thing trying to fix this issue. I downloaded X360CE a program that allows any gamepad to be emulated as a Xbox 360 gamepad. I used it to have my steering wheel emulated as an xbox 360 controller. It did work as F1 2018 detected my steering wheel as an Xbox controller and the centering issue is gone, but it is not playable with it because the program adds quite a lot of input lag and it is super sensitive. However once I minimize the game and turn on the Logitech Profiler, the steering wheel goes off center in the game. What could be the problem here?  I am sure that the steering wheel is calibrated properly because it is is not off center when I am in the Logitech profiler settings screen.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean. Logitech Profiler shows +0 degrees, while in game the center is off by -2.

Fix this please, it is unplayable with this steering wheel at the moment, even though it is listed as compatible.

bolliti said:
So F1 2018 is launched. Congrats!!
Is there support for motion control (tilt to steer) for PS4 dualshock ?
I’ve been asking these shit heads at Codemasters to enable it since fuckin F1 2015. So many have asked to enable it. They don’t care... f u Codemasters.

Please help! I have a Fanatec Csw2.5 with the McLaren gt3 rim on xbox one. . I want the most realistic setting possible for in game and for the wheel. At the moment it's not realistic at all. Having said that I have never driven an f 1 car in real life!

Secondly the two turn switches on the rim don't seem to be able to be assigned to do anything in the game??

Thanks 

bonjour, j'ai une question est ce qu'un volant allant a 270 degres serait surffisant pour y jouer, j'ai vu le thrusmaster rallye gt forces feedback pro pas trop cher. et il a meme une pedale d'embrayage

Any chance of a PS4 version rating system? So many posts I have seen in the past of some wheels being terrible, I would like to try something out.

I want to buy the Hori racing wheel overdrive for xbox one, anyone with this wheel?. It os work well?

so the logitech g920 is listed as supported but you cant map 2 of the buttons ????? lsb and rsb cant be mapped in game....

ZzHOODzZ said:
so the logitech g920 is listed as supported but you cant map 2 of the buttons ????? lsb and rsb cant be mapped in game....
Interesting. The Fanatec is the same. Must be a limitation of the Xbox?

Redna1L said:
ZzHOODzZ said:
Interesting. The Fanatec is the same. Must be a limitation of the Xbox?
I think they need to program for them in game, PCars added it. The buttons are LSB/RSB which I assumed was left and right stick buttons or L3/R3 as everything else is mapped 

I agree. I even attached a USB keyboard to my Xbox One S. In PC2 I can use almost all keyboard keys for a command. F.i. seat up, or seat down, look left, look right. Also very handy if you want to type something.  

I do the same with the chat pad on the controller. Which I need for multiplayer. It works fine with project cars 2 but not F1.
also in PC2 I also can’t map LSB and RSB 

hey guys. I started playing the game with a controller and i have decided to add a wheel to my game. I started with a Thrustmaster Ferrari Italia 458. I have a problem with wheel sensitivity. It is way too sensitive on the straights. if i turn just a little bit the car will spin out. What setting should i tweak in order to get rid of this problem. If anybody else has this problem please let me know. Thanks. 

Can you add support for more controllers? I understand you want to support as most wheels as you can but there are people out there that prefer pads. I bought a Nacon Revolution Pro 2 for PS4 and found out that every game I own actually plays nice with the Nacon RP2 except for F1 2018. It improved my GT Sport experience enormously but F1 2018 has been a disaster so far. 

BluntRS said:
Codemasters can you add support for Logitech G920 LSB & RSB buttons please.
Looks like Codies and Logitech don't want to support these buttons. IDK why. Its so important to have more buttons these days with the introduction of managing ERS, coupled with more realistic tire simulations, engine mapping and etc... 

koppieo said:
I agree. I even attached a USB keyboard to my Xbox One S. In PC2 I can use almost all keyboard keys for a command. F.i. seat up, or seat down, look left, look right. Also very handy if you want to type something.  
I am currently using my G920/Xbox1, coupled with a xbox controller to add more buttons. i.e. I have an extra controller attached to my wheel. I had mapped the left and right stick to increase brake bias, and rear diff lock. and then, I use my clutch to activate voice control. This way, I was able to free up buttons on the wheel to control, ers, drs, fuel mapping and mfd. Nightmare. 

ShelbyUSA said:
BluntRS said:
Codemasters can you add support for Logitech G920 LSB & RSB buttons please.
Looks like Codies and Logitech don't want to support these buttons. IDK why. Its so important to have more buttons these days with the introduction of managing ERS, coupled with more realistic tire simulations, engine mapping and etc... 

I dont think its down to Logitech personally cause thier supported in Project Cars 2.