Sign in to follow this  

Pre-Season Testing + Auto-Difficulty Slider Feature Idea

Ive got an idea for a possible future feature. Basically when I first started with the F1 games I found myself constantly adjusting the difficulty settings (usually up more and more as I got more proficient with the game). 
Basically what I would think could be a cool little feature is to encorporate Pre-Season Testing into the game but also as part of that have the game detect your speed and proficiency and automatically adjust the difficulty slider for you.  Maybe through a series of timed laps so it then matches you to approximately the same level as your teammate. 

Of course with the Pre-Season Testing it would also be cool if it was encorporated into the game that after you completed a series of laps Chris the R&D guy came back to you and said where the weakest areas of the car are and where to focus the initial parts of the R&D development.  

Anyone else think this would be a cool idea? :)

Forza has this (in a way) Based upon what you achieve they ask/tell you it's time for a higher level. You can accept or decline (it should not be automaticly) Maybe with the new ranking system it's possible to implement something like what you proposed.

DPaton23 said:
I just like the idea of pre-season testing incorporated into the career 
Yeh it would be cool, like I say I think the best way to encorporate it is to do a series of laps and sessions where Chris gives you feedback on the R&D and what areas are weak and could be focussed on improving. 

I just thought why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and also utilise the pre-season testing to allow the game to automatically select the ideal Difficulty settings ...of course still allowing for adjustments by the player if they wanted to tweak and make it more or less difficult if need be :)

DPaton23 said:
I just like the idea of pre-season testing incorporated into the career 
Yeh it would be cool, like I say I think the best way to encorporate it is to do a series of laps and sessions where Chris gives you feedback on the R&D and what areas are weak and could be focussed on improving. 

I just thought why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and also utilise the pre-season testing to allow the game to automatically select the ideal Difficulty settings ...of course still allowing for adjustments by the player if they wanted to tweak and make it more or less difficult if need be :)
Yeah.  It would be nice.

Pre season testing would be great.  Actual testing worked into the career.  I LOVE what codies have done with the immersion in single player career mode.  I have no interest in online racing, I love racing sims with good career modes and the f1 series career modes is pretty much the single biggest reason I keep coming back year after year.  Yes there are much better sims.  Yes there are less buggy games.  But codies really kill it with the career mode (minus those stupid and unrealistic invitational events).  

If PC2 did anything even similar to what codies do in the F1 series with the career mode, I'd probably never play another codemasters f1 game.  

do you think that pre season testing is included in f1 2018? they have namely a second diary of career.

gabsn123 said:
do you think that pre season testing is included in f1 2018? they have namely a second diary of career.
Not too sure, doubt they would have held back on announcing it as a feature, or I’m sure it would have cropped up on another website somewhere.  Never know though I guess :)