Sign in to follow this  

Rain chance in F1 2014 Career Mode

Hi to all!! I just want to ask if there's any way to decrease the chance of rain in every race, like edit the settings on the database or something else... Just to have more dry races ;)

Thanks in advance!!

Bhask012 said:
Hi to all!! I just want to ask if there's any way to decrease the chance of rain in every race, like edit the settings on the database or something else... Just to have more dry races ;)

Thanks in advance!!
YES   you can in the game settings before you start a career go to settings and change the weather settings from dynamic to clear then ALL the race's will be dry ...

oeicoeic said:
YES   you can in the game settings before you start a career got to settings and change the weather settings from dynamic to clear then ALL the race's will be dry ... 
I mean in career mode, There's no option to disable the dynamic weather in the game settings...

At Silverstone in career so far I have only got two dry race weekends Australia and Monaco in my first career season. Personally I believe this is unrealistic. 

Is anybody else having this issue of wet conditions at some point in there race weekend. The percentage of having rain seems to be very high. 

At Silverstone in career so far I have only got two dry race weekends Australia and Monaco in my first career season. Personally I believe this is unrealistic. 

Is anybody else having this issue of wet conditions at some point in there race weekend. The percentage of having rain seems to be very high. 
Not personally I've only had 4 races thus far but only 1 of the races has been wet and that was Malaysia

If you are on PC: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/database-mod.94943/

That is the mod I have created, here you can choose to have the entire mod, but the database changes requeire new career to get all changes, it wont corrupt youre save if you use it and not start a new, but you wont get all the changes.

Or, you can just take those files you  want like:

AI agression, AI overtake more, Real rain chance for each track etc

The mod also include optional AI wet pace settings, where you can choose from fast, original, medium or slow

:p  They really blew it in Austin, I live 57 miles from the track and we have been in a drought for 10+ years. I get rain there 50% of the races...  if it were not for the fact that the lack of rain here for years has damaged the economy and really hurt a lot of people, it would be comical. Of course... now that I say that it will probably rain this weekend...    I have had rain in 2 out of 4 races on 2014 career so far. Sure seems to me to be too much... particularly when it is Bahrain...   sheeesh.... 

I have the same problem... In my first career season I had 13 wet races out of 19, I really think are too much.
FMassa93 said:

If you are on PC: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/database-mod.94943/

That is the mod I have created, here you can choose to have the entire mod, but the database changes requeire new career to get all changes, it wont corrupt youre save if you use it and not start a new, but you wont get all the changes.

Or, you can just take those files you  want like:

AI agression, AI overtake more, Real rain chance for each track etc

The mod also include optional AI wet pace settings, where you can choose from fast, original, medium or slow
Thanks for that! ;) But I have a question... ¿How did you change the rain chance for each track?

LoosMoose said:
:p  They really blew it in Austin, I live 57 miles from the track and we have been in a drought for 10+ years. I get rain there 50% of the races...  if it were not for the fact that the lack of rain here for years has damaged the economy and really hurt a lot of people, it would be comical. Of course... now that I say that it will probably rain this weekend...    I have had rain in 2 out of 4 races on 2014 career so far. Sure seems to me to be too much... particularly when it is Bahrain...   sheeesh.... 
Agreed, there definitely seems to be too many wet races. 50% of races is way too high and unrealistic.

I haven't had any issues. Only had 3 rainy races and 2 rainy qualifyings during my first season.

Just played  to two more GP last night Germany and Hungary in career. Both practice and Qualifying were wet. This needs to be looked into way to much rain. So Far!

Practice      Qualifying       Race
Australia   -     Dry                Dry               Dry
Malaysia   -    Wet               Dry               Wet
Bahrain     -    Wet               Dry                Dry
China        -     Wet               Wet               Dry
Spain         -     Dry               Wet               Wet
Monaco    -      Dry               Dry               Dry
Canada     -      Wet               Wet              Wet
Austria      -      Wet               Wet             Wet
Britain      -       Wet              Dry              Dry
Germany  -       Wet               Wet              Dry
Hungary   -       Wet               Wet             Dry

The sessions I have marked Wet means either it was a Wet session or it rained at some point.

11 races.  33 sessions. 15 Dry and 18 wet that's more than 50% wet weather. You are quarantined to see rain more than clear sky's.