Sign in to follow this  

Has console support ended already?

Just been reading through some threads. @Loore says the playlist update will not make it to consoles and that the save progress issue on extra championships cannot be addressed. This doesn't sound great after only 3-4 or so months of playing a game. Not to mention the freezing issue xbox has.
I hate to moan but these two things above are small issues aren't they or am I mental.
You possibly made the most enjoyable racing game ever yet you keep machine gunning yourselves in the feet. 

We are still working on the freezing issue. 

Unfortunately we are constrained somewhat to some technical limitations with consoles (keep in mind they are very old!) which does mean adding new things is quite problematic.

Across all three formats we have no plans for new cars or tracks, our artists are already hard at work creating content for a number of unannounced titles.

I'm somewhat skeptical about the reason given for consoles not getting the playlist update, but if we're not getting it, I'm hoping for at least a change in the combos. I'm sure there'll be a patch for the freezing/disconnection issues, but not expecting particularly soon given past form. Just read about the extra championships saving issue. That's bizarre.

Its not new content we're after but is to have all the current content in game more accessible i.e track car combinations mixed up,  the ability to save during a championship. The artists can carry on with what they're doing.
Also another question- could the extra garage slots be made available now to non season pass holders please. As all dlc usually ends up going the same way anyway like the black edition add ons did

Loore said:

Unfortunately we are constrained somewhat to some technical limitations with consoles (keep in mind they are very old!) which does mean adding new things is quite problematic.

Across all three formats we have no plans for new cars or tracks, our artists are already hard at work creating content for a number of unannounced titles.
@Loore....

To me the playlist update means using more of the existing tracks in the online playlist.... for example... maybe adding the Okutama Sprint circuit for the miglia, or Spa the right way round for the Cat B touring cars.  We want more of the existing tracks available to use in the playlists and not just be restricted to a choice of 2/3/4 for each car.  I appreciate the technical limitations but these tracks are already in the game so there would be nothing new to add.

I'm probably missing something but I just don't understand why that can't be done.

Technical limitations ?
its possible to add new tracks, new championships, new cars, and even whole new game modes to the game but it's technically impossible to change the order of playlist tracks?
Yowzer.

also i thought, the ability for us to that ourselves in custom cup is there. everything is here surely its not that hard to make an algathingy choose different tracks for us

Loore said:
So does that mean it was rushed out, has a lot of problems that will cost a lot to fix, so it's been bypassed for more lucrative work?

If that's the case then I hope these unannounced titles are properly finished before their release as your track record is that once it's out it's out.

@Loore -  All we want is this: 

Join an online playlist. 
Server RANDOMLY selects track, from EXISTING tracks.  
Server Randomly chooses car class.  

Gamers - Happy. 

example: 
Right now, in touring car playlist,  Cat B touring cars, ONLY race on Autosport raceway, or Mont Lagblant.  Where are the rest of the tracks? 

If it comes up CAT B - we want any of the existing tracks,  (Forget DLC tracks thats toooooo complicated WE KNOW) 

Cat C - Any TRACK
Cat B - Any TRACK
Cat A - Any TRACK

Is this making sense to you @Loore? 

We DO NOT want you to add anything special into the game.  
Just randomise the track selection in the playlists.  

I dont see why a patch is needed for this?   Is it not down to the servers ?

I hope thats clear.  It is to me.  I give up if its not.  :smile: 

@RTAnoskills‌ yes it's perfectly clear, and it's pretty much what the playlist changes make will do (open up a lot more racing options).

Multiplayer connects via a P2P network (like the majority of games), as such, playlists do require a patch. Given that we've got freezing issues atm on the Xbox which we believe is due to a memory issue you can see our concern with pushing the memory even further.

Thanks for the reply @Loore, 

What I, and I think others don't understand is,  

How would adding a greater selection of tracks to the playlist track pool, cause an increase in memory? 

Im probably wrong here, but itsnt it just basically a txt file, listing the track n car combos? 
If so.........delete all, and add a line of txt that says random track? 

Might even free up some memory.  

Can't you just make it a random choice from all non DLC tracks?  

If the xbox cant cope, then please turn off the balloons and air craft etc, to free up memory.   Shading could go too.  

Seriously,  we gotta have some changes to the playlist, in the patch to fix the freezing, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  :smile:  

Really Loore? Your reply to the devoted GAS racers that still play this game is "sorry your console is old"!?!? If i recall... my xbox was "old" when CM wrote the code for this game. You would think that it would have been easier to write codes for consoles you had been dealing with for years. Seems to me your reply was more of a "sorry about your luck but wait till you see what we have coming on next gen... go buy one!!" I have raced this game almost every day since it came out. Ive dealt with the resets, annoying ! Color issues and now freezing, still I played almost every day... sorry that I continue to own the 2 xbox 360's that I have in my home. One I bought for myself so I wouldnt have to share with my son just so I could play this game.... sorry that they are "old" and your team is off on new things... is CM sorry that they took my $60 and handed me a defective "limited black edition" game? Doubt it. Im sure all the annoying people complaining about this game are frustrating to you... have you ever thought that the only people that still post here are the people that like this game enough to still try to play with all the problems it has had and probably the ONLY people that may even consider buying a CM product if and when we decide to go next gen?

Consider this:
A consumer can walk in to any games shop or supermarket today and buy GAS for £30 - £40.
When he/she gets home they put in the disk and the game downloads the latest update patch. This then renders 50% of the game virtually unusable.
How can this be right?

@Loore‌ 
Thanks for keeping us informed.
However we've been hearing for a while now that the team "think" or "believe" it "may" be a memory issue causing the freezes.
Have the team been able to replicate the issues at your end, and subsequently, do they actually "know" what the issue is and know how to fix it?  Can you give us an idea if / when to expect a fix please?

I would really like to see all the CM team,  (Both playgroups) line up, shoulder to shoulder on the right hand side, of @riteturnclyde,   then anyone who bought the game, gets to tell Clyde to turn right.  LOL

Codemaster are out of the office this weekend, they are on a team building exercise.

Fix it - ANY WHICH WAY YOU CAN!!!  :smiley: 

Loore said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=grid+autosport
realy ?
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=318&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200
hard work on the bugs when the money is already in the bag?
trust is not infinitely...
numbers do not lie...
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=grid&publisher=318&platform=&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=f1&publisher=318&platform=&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=dirt&publisher=318&platform=&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200

about prices and incomes
GRID Autosport Steam - 257₴ (me not interested)
GRID Autosport MS - about 400(half i paid, half me gift) + DLC about 400
(₴ = about 0.07$)
What percentage of your income i don't care, but listening abot old platform :smile:  releasing as many games, before was not old ? :smile: 

Loore said:

everyone else can get their shit straightend out, why cant autosport, just like crap from china, you make crap and sell it and onto more crap making, u got something good that could be great, fix it fuckers

Not to sound selfish, but what about PS3 owners? Are we screwed out of additional support because (supposedly) the Xbox can't handle more changes?

fanticUA said:
Loore said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=grid+autosport
realy ?
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=318&platform=X360&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200
hard work on the bugs when the money is already in the bag?
trust is not infinitely...
numbers do not lie...
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=grid&publisher=318&platform=&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=f1&publisher=318&platform=&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=dirt&publisher=318&platform=&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=200

about prices and incomes
GRID Autosport Steam - 257₴ (me not interested)
GRID Autosport MS - about 400(half i paid, half me gift) + DLC about 400
(₴ = about 0.07$)
What percentage of your income i don't care, but listening abot old platform :smile:  releasing as many games, before was not old ? :smile: 

I could make a website and start saying sales numbers, can't say I've ever seen one be correct on VGChartz, don't believe everything you read :)

@kimdurose we're currently testing a patch for the freezing issue, as soon as we're confident it's fixed it'll be passed over to Microsoft for deployment (once it completes the usual submission process).

Loore said:

I could make a website and start saying sales numbers, can't say I've ever seen one be correct on VGChartz, don't believe everything you read :)

Grid Autosport on the Xbox 360 did quite well in sales, so much for the PC brigade:

GRID Autosport .................... The Xbox 360 version accounted for 55 per cent of sales, the PlayStation 3 for 41 per cent, and the PC for 4 per cent. - GameCentral  Monday 30 Jun 2014 10:35 am

HypoToad said:
Loore said:

Grid Autosport on the Xbox 360 did quite well in sales, so much for the PC brigade:

GRID Autosport .................... The Xbox 360 version accounted for 55 per cent of sales, the PlayStation 3 for 41 per cent, and the PC for 4 per cent. - GameCentral  Monday 30 Jun 2014 10:35 am

Weekly sales charts don't take into account Steam, Green Man Gaming etc

Good example is this week, Civ: Beyond Earth features quite low down in the UK charts, because only boxed copies that are sold in retail stores are counted towards its 'sales'. You can guarantee if digital sales were counted it'd be a very different story. Same for any game released on PC these days.

Loore said:
I could make a website and start saying sales numbers...
Is not the sales statistics, released so many games for "old platform" her can be study in the lengthwise and crosswise
Ok, forgot GAS, why last F1 games (2012-2013--2014) worsу then 2010-2011 (physics, racing atmosphere, handling on wheel) ?
Under the sunset any game platform usually the best masterpieces are born, but MS now everything makes for quickly ruin the platform Xbox 360...