Sign in to follow this  

So I think we've done enough beta testing, when does the real game come out? (AKA patch #1)

I enjoy driving the new cars, I think CM has done a good job with that, but that's about it.  The biggest problem for me is there is the difficulty levels.  On expert I'm over a second faster than everybody with a Ferrari in career, and on legend I'm 1-2 seconds slower than my teammate.  So its pretty unplayable as of now, the only way to race competitively is to drive for Force India or Torro Rosso on expert, but that isn't fun to me.  Other issues are the same ones from last year, and the year before, and the year before that.  The most annoying is the AI not getting out of your way when they are slow, in fact it seems they try to block you in the middle of a corner, but I can deal with that as I have been for years, and all the other little bugs in the series as long as I can have a competitive race. 

It seems they've focused all of their attention on 2015, which is understandable, but that game better be damn good.  In the meantime I'll wait for a patch to make the game playable, hopefully they don't wait a month like they usually do

how can you say its understandable that codies have focused their attention on f1 2015 and gave us this effort , they still charged us £40 !!!  if it was £15-£20 i could understand it being a DLC stop gap till next gen but they charged us full price it should be a polished f1 racer............some hope of that from CODEMASTERS....really is a joke they call themselves that.

blew1967 said:
how can you say its understandable that codies have focused their attention on f1 2015 and gave us this effort , they still charged us £40 !!!  if it was £15-£20 i could understand it being a DLC stop gap till next gen but they charged us full price it should be a polished f1 racer............some hope of that from CODEMASTERS....really is a joke they call themselves that.
edpensd where you bought it from though as some aer selling it cheap others are selling it quite expensively. I bought mine from Shopto which cost me £21 although it was a download copy not a disc one

It was $10 cheaper here in the US compared to last year's game which wasn't even available as a hard copy here, not much but at least its an acknowledgement that they didn't put 100% into this game.  I've spent $50 on a lot worse things.  I'm pretty used to CM disappointing me so I'm not as outraged as I used to be towards them, they definitely aren't a first-class company, but at least its a decent F1 sim to play.  I don't see any other options, for PS3 at least.  Like I said, I think they did a good job on the new cars which is much more important to me than how the menu looks.  I just wish they didn't have us do the beta testing and someone could have figured out some simple flaws before releasing the game.

And also like I said, 2015 better be damn good.

SCfreak, are you using cockpit view and no racing line? If not you should perhaps try that on expert. The are other ways to increase or decrease the difficulty not just the AI speed.

Yes, I use cockpit view, no line, no assists.  I don't want to turn traction control on to be faster on legend, that takes a lot of fun out of driving the car.  The only thing I can do is drive with a middle of the pack team on expert for now.  Maybe I just need to get better to compete on legend, but from what I've read on here nobody is good enough for legend.

That
scfreak21 said:
Yes, I use cockpit view, no line, no assists.  I don't want to turn traction control on to be faster on legend, that takes a lot of fun out of driving the car.  The only thing I can do is drive with a middle of the pack team on expert for now.  Maybe I just need to get better to compete on legend, but from what I've read on here nobody is good enough for legend.
  That is exactly what I have to do as well... and I am not slow either, I am usually inside the top 50 in TT times.  They have to decrease AI traction, and that will fix the majority of the issues with speed in Career Mode.  Make the AI have some balls, have them brake a little later, but then decrease their traction.

I'm still waiting for the forums to magically go offline again, so they can ignore the problems like last year.

gorey said:
I'm still waiting for the forums to magically go offline again, so they can ignore the problems like last year.
I'm noy suer it's quite as negative as it was last year though so hopefully CM won't feel the need to