Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015......will it be any better ?

Really everyone do we honestly believe that f1 2015 will be an improvement in any way ( apart from graphics) over the last 5 years crop of  f1 games from codies , theyve had 5 years to give us a great f1 title and their still churning out broken bugfests , seriously to give us these bugs and dodgy Ai yet again with probly the least amount of work they ve put into one of their titles they still couldnt test it properly ......!!
   Are we expecting any better next year , the games been out only a week and the forums filling up with talk of the next gen game allready instead of raving about the latest release....oh dear. i reckon without seeing the figures that f1 2014 will prob be their least selling effort , i for one am waiting for it to be patched then tested again by us , then buy a cheap pre owned one . wonder if ill be doing the same next year ...?
        interested in your thoughts......
@blew1967
i was going to by it but idk what to do. Im baffled it looks like 2013. All the talk about ERS and rule changes. I really expected CM to make ERS an emphasis. No coasting to harvest ERS, No E-Diff,  No True Brake Bias, No character modification, No Team Principle mode, No new PHYSICS ENGINE, Car performance not matching real life. Ferrari over powered on straights, No Silly Season talk, AI dont Attack/Defend (fia being left heavy handed this season) Still cant hear the gearbox on straights or on up/down shifts.. What have CM been doing these last five yrs...
I reckon you will be surprised how good next gen f1 will be, already confirmed on steve hoods twitter there will be formation laps and 'a new replay system' so who knows what else they can change! 
Also someone asked steve hood about a month or two ago asking if there will be podiums, formation laps a more immersive career and interviews and he said, its on the agenda but not in 14..
I would not  believe any thing steve hood says  he said 2014 would be the best ever and is it NO  ITS FULL OF BUGS FROM 2010 2011 2012 2013   even if  steve hood said the sky was blue  I still would not believe him but if you want to believe him then that's up to you I will be keeping my money in my pocket as I am sick of being robbed by CM year after year enough is enough  ...
Joethe155 said:
@JasonWilko‌

Did you mean 14? If you did then perhaps they might make it to 15.
Someone asked if those things would be in 14 and he said no but its on the agenda so that means 15, 

also the reason the games like 13 and 14 dont have many new features is because the consiles are maxed out so this is a great time for the more powerful PS4 and Xbox one
I think given Codemasters decision to release 14 on old gen only, we can be optimistic that a lot of effort is going into 2015. With everything having to be redesigned from scratch I'm hoping for a fresh look to the game in terms of menus, animations, voices etc. They better not use that Engineers voice again! The game will no doubt be more complex, which probably increases the chance of bugs and the like, so it would be silly not to expect some issues. I will probably wait until after release this time though as I'll have to buy a next gen console as well or a new PC to run the game ( I don't really play anything other than F1) so that makes it an important decision! Don't let me down Codemasters!
TMDol said:
also he said f1 2015 may come out for xbox 360 and ps3 
Missed this before I posted. That worries me! I thought it was new gen only hence the relative optimism in my last post.
If it does, it'll be a very different game to the next-gen version I'm sure... Likely just a driver and livery update to 2014, like the legacy versions of FIFA that EA were releasing on older consoles (even the PS2!) last year.
In all likelihood the Next Gen game next year will be a banker lap. As in, they are currently struggling with the new game engine so will set their sights predictably low for their first instalment on Ps4/XB1. It's not hard to envisage more of the same because that's all they've managed to do in 5 whole years - more of the same!!!

Put it this way, for the first time they will have the opportunity to run at 60fps including all nice real time reflections etc so they will most likely max out the next gen processing with that leaving very little room or time to do anything else....much the same as what happened on PS3/Xbox 360 for the last 5 games. Like in life as in game design, you live within your means. I'm willing to bet that this will indeed be the case - £50 I'm right
There is nothing stopping CM  from bringing it out on the old gen using the ego engine  system like they do at the min and also bring it out on the next gen with the new what ever engine they call it maybe that's why CM  are struggling on the title for next year's title but who knows  only CM do at the min and its the old corporate stance say nothing until release or at least closer to release date  look at this year's game a few screen shots  till a week before then its here's a video    with overpowering music to hide the turbo sound file mess up ....