Sign in to follow this  

Revealed – The Full List of F1® 2018 Classic Cars

Hey guys! This is up on our blog here - here's the full classic car list of F1 2018!

We’ve been teasing you with the classic cars for F1® 2018 for a few weeks now, and today, we’re very happy to be showing you the full roster of classic cars in F1 2018, the official videogame of the 2018 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. With F1 2018, we’re introducing a new class of six iconic cars from the 1970s and the 1980s, as well as the already announced 2009 Brawn and 2003 Williams. Oh, and don’t forget all of the classic cars from F1 2017! Watch the reveal below, or you can check it out on our YouTube channel here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBx4rMeoN3Q

These cars include James Hunt’s legendary 1976 championship winning McLaren M23D and Niki Lauda’s Ferrari 312 T2, both of which featured in ‘Rush’ (2013).  

They are joined by two Championship winning Lotus cars: Emerson Fittipaldi’s 1972 Lotus and Mario Andretti’s 1978 Lotus 79.  

The 1979 Ferrari 312 T4, as driven by Jody Scheckter as he beat teammate Gilles Villeneuve to the title, and the 1982 McLaren MP4/1B driven by John Watson and Lauda make up the class.   

Of course, in addition to the six historic cars from the 1970s and 1980s, all twelve classics that featured in F1 2017 are also included – and if you needed a reminder of those, there’s a full list just below! F1 2018’s line up is completed by the two modern classics from the 2000s (2009 Brawn BGP-001 & 2003 Williams FW25) that are available in the exclusive Headline Edition of F1 2018 at launch, and later as DLC*. Missed the Headline Edition reveal? You can watch it here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evw0Q8UtM2g

“We are delighted to bring 20 classic cars to F1 2018,” Game Director Lee Mather, said “The classics were extremely popular in last year’s game so we naturally wanted to offer our players even more choice this time. The 70s and 80s cars offer a whole new challenge and compared to the modern day cars. They look and sound incredible.” 

And we have a full list of the classic cars in F1 2018 here: 

NEW CLASSIC CARS:
1970s and Early 1980s: 
1972 Lotus 72D
1976 Ferrari 312 T2
1976 McLaren M23D
1978 Lotus 79 
1979 Ferrari 312 T4 
1982 McLaren MP4/1B 

Returning from F1 2017 
2010 Red Bull RB6 
2008 McLaren MP4-23 
2007 Ferrari F 2007 
2006 Renault R26 
2004 Ferrari F2004 
2002 Ferrari F2002 
1998 McLaren MP4-13 
1996 Williams FW18 
1995 Ferrari 412T2 
1992 Williams FW14 
1991 McLaren MP4/6 
1988 McLaren MP4/4 

2 New ‘Tier 1’ Classic Cars*: 
2009 Brawn BGP-001 
2003 Williams FW25 

* Both cars are exclusive DLC content for pre-order/Day 1 “Headline Edition” Digital & Boxed (DLC sold after 60 days). 

F1 2018 will release onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide on Friday 24th August 2018. Like the sound of that? You can pre-order F1 2018 here:

These look great but are we going to be getting any multiplayer information or a full trailer any time soon? 

Looks great was hoping for the 2007 BMW as I did see Paul Jeal upload a pic of it when he visited Sauber. Either way it’s great you’ve added more maybe next year we can have Jordan cars 

Nice list No Jordan but nice list anyway. Are we going to hear anything about online side of the game with a functioning safety car?

Lets just say , they will leave it as a surprise until AFTER youve bought it already .

Thats its still buggered :) :D

Lets just say , they will leave it as a surprise until AFTER youve bought it already .

Thats its still buggered :) :D
Aaawww you just spoiled the surprise… :'(

70s are awesome, especially the 312 T4 from Gilles :D As you added the 76 Ferrari and McLaren, you now only need to add the 76 Nordschleife xD
Was seriosly hoping for the 2005 McLaren little bit sad that it isnt in, but great stuff nontheless!

With the risk of having 'these guys can never be satisfied': The 70's and '80's cars are a nice addition, but frankly even for someone like me who is close to his 30's, we don't really have a connection with them (ok we've all seen Rush). I think most of the gamers are people who grew with F1 in the '90's and '00s. And then if you look at the tweets about classic cars and messages on the forums, there were certain cars that over 75% of the people were asking. I'm talking about the McLaren MP4-20 of 2005 or the BMW Sauber of 08. Especially McLarens are well provided in the game, so there is no legal thing holding them back... Very strange choices imho.

With the risk of having 'these guys can never be satisfied': The 70's and '80's cars are a nice addition, but frankly even for someone like me who is close to his 30's, we don't really have a connection with them (ok we've all seen Rush). I think most of the gamers are people who grew with F1 in the '90's and '00s. And then if you look at the tweets about classic cars and messages on the forums, there were certain cars that over 75% of the people were asking. I'm talking about the McLaren MP4-20 of 2005 or the BMW Sauber of 08. Especially McLarens are well provided in the game, so there is no legal thing holding them back... Very strange choices imho.
I think what they're trying to do is basically get cars in from all era's of F1 let's not forget the sport started back in 1950 so has been going a very long time and there is a lot of stuff to pick from. I don't mind which ones they pick as it's nice to drive them all to see how each of them feels and handles as they all  have different characteristics or at least they will have I think. Will be interesting to drive them in the career mode challenges that occur between race weekends. As that's when I mostly use them.

JuanCarMR said:
...and what's about SC bug or MP enhances??? 
Silent please!!! ? 
How would they "enhance" the SC? It either works like it's supposed to, or it doesn't. (Yes, I know right now it doesn't, but they're not going to "announce" bug fixes.)

I can't say I'm expecting any MP enhancements other than those already announced about player ratings. Again, the only "enhancements" most people want are a ton of bug fixes, and they're not going to announce anything about those.

I agree about the 'connection' part of it, I'd also love to see more different 90's and 2000's classics like the Jordans, Prost, Jaguars, Arrows and such added in, but many of those seem to be a licensing nightmare. At least they managed to get the Brawn in which the majority's been asking for since last year. Putting in more 'recent' Mclarens etc Im not really sure how much it would add to the game with what's already there. So on the flip side from a handling point of view these older classics are very interesting, as they're so different to drive. Looking forward to trying them all out.

I agree about the 'connection' part of it, I'd also love to see more different 90's and 2000's classics like the Jordans, Prost, Jaguars, Arrows and such added in, but many of those seem to be a licensing nightmare. At least they managed to get the Brawn in which the majority's been asking for since last year. Putting in more 'recent' Mclarens etc Im not really sure how much it would add to the game with what's already there. So on the flip side from a handling point of view these older classics are very interesting, as they're so different to drive. Looking forward to trying them all out.
yeah that's what I meant when I said it'll offer something different with the older cars in there. It'll help mix thing sup a bit more when playing with the classics

yeah that's what I meant when I said it'll offer something different with the older cars in there. It'll help mix thing sup a bit more when playing with the classics
Yeah exactly. The more recent classics might be fun to look at and drive with for a little while from a nostalgic pov, but these older beasts will probably give us a lot more replayability in the end.

ReikoRaph said:
We need classic tracks more, not just cars.
But before that actually, hypothetically, will be included as another bonus on top, it'd be awesome to get "Laserscanned", or at least "Dronescanned", tracks of the already existing official 2018 (or 20XX) roster of circuits.

How we still have corners and straights that are modelled incorrectly in a "officially licenced" F1 game, with todays advanced technology at our disposal, is a mystery.....

There are no excuses, except for Codies, supposed, ultra tiny budget!

Bullshit.

On very Conservative figures , they turned over about  200 000 000 Pounds , with this Game , surely there was a little Profit there to be skimmed in liue of fixes and enhancements.

On very Conservative figures , they turned over about  200 000 000 Pounds , with this Game , surely there was a little Profit there to be skimmed in liue of fixes and enhancements.
Well it says something that they didn't make profit for half a decade until 2016.

UP100 said:

Well it says something that they didn't make profit for half a decade until 2016.
Exactly, this actually makes it even more absurd to realize that they, supposedly, are paying big amounts of cash only to keep "exclusive" rights to the official F1 licence.

Exclusivity bears a huge responsibility and limits output value if the budget is not big enough to ensure creative flexibility.

So wouldn't it make much more sense to simply pay less for the licence, thus losing exclusivity, but have it open so that other interested studios can also have a go at it in order to cut costs and use the "new" extra cash into fixing bugs and or offering unique and official features that have been missing for years?

Yes, the drawback would be that they'd have to fight for supremacy against other studios and compete in a fierce battle of wits and creativity, but isn't that the very essence of "crapitalism" that gives birth to "perfection"?

So in theory having multiple studios fight against each other would definitely be beneficial to the end product as this automatically means that there'll be no room for error.

Only Codemasters can give a clear answer why on earth they are taking the risks of exclusivity, maybe they truly want to make F1 games as big fans of the sports, maybe they only are interested in the certainty of F1 being a "Cash Cow", maybe they are a little bit insane, or all three at the same time, who knows?

Maan, I was really hoping to get the 2005 Renault and McLarens.. That would’ve been sick.