Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Will Halo affect your decision to buy f1 2018?

Now, this assumes you will buy it, and won't already be put off because of the endless issues 2017 saw from release and that continued for months after.
But hypothetically, if you were willing to forget that, how much is the halo a part in your decision to not buy, if that is your decision?

This may seem a little excessive, the idea that you might not buy it because of the halo...but is it?

Is it so obtrusive, so immersion breaking, so, frankly, annoying, that you are seriously considering a pass?

The addition of the Brawn and Williams DLC cars is something I would have much preferred be offered during the life cycle of f1 2017, and a simple team livery, driver line up, update could have avoided the need for another £/€/$ 50 pay out for the customer.

Yearly iterations for games that patently do not need then are a personal annoyance, but I understand the cynical cash grab they represent, and ultimately we are all responsible for their existence because we keep buying them.

Shun them, stop buying them, make them ruinous not profitable, and they will stop releasing them.

As far as the halo, however, is anyone feeling they are an eyesore and have totally ruined the look of the game (at least from the in car and T-Cam views, which are the most popular in game camera), and that they are not something you want in the game?

Are they irrelevant to you?

Can you ignore it, or get used to it, though you aren't a fan?

Do you actually like the halo effect?

Finally, and I know this is unlikely, should we, as the consumer, the player, the ones who fork over a not inconsiderable sum and keep this entire industry afloat, have the choice to disable the halo and play the game without it?

This would certainly be the most player friendly option, but I have a feeling it would not be viewed with much enthusiasm by the people who own and run f1, and who allow Codemasters to replicate the sport.

They are very specific about what they will allow and what they won't.

So...thoughts...

Nope won't be getting it until its on sale for 14.99 or less. In 3rd season in F1 2017 now and withe the massive amount of grinding that has entailed actually paying full price for a game that has a windowless cockpit right now does NOT appeal. Only the extra classic cars appeal and I would gladly pay for a DLC update to F1 2017. I also diametrically oppose annual games. I own 2011 and 2017. When it is $11.99 next year as fan boys get excited for 2019 I will buy it for sure and happily race the classic cars in my own custom championships.

In answer to your question, yes the halo is going to take up a LOT of real estate even with the middle missing on my screen so it is definitely a big NEGATIVE factor swinging me to a big NO thank you no sale.

No it will not affect my purchase. Hopefully, the AI and certain other aspects are improved though.... ALL the fans are looking for is slight improvement of gameplay and multiplayer from each new release of the game.

The halo is one thing thats putting is of been an tcam user itjust doesnt look right after buying every f1 game on release think this one might skip and waite for second the should be a way to make it transparent so cant see it from tcam like its not there but if look from out side it is its a shame as it sounds like the type of f1 game I would sink me teeth right into I am on building an gaiming pc up so thinking about leaving the game on release see if any of the modders can do something about itif not chance to get it for xbox second hand 

No, absolutely not. I hate that ****ing halo. I'm sure in real race cars you can get used to it, but in a game where there is no body feeling and the visuals are essential I won't buy a game that restricts them. I'll just motor along with F1 2017 until you guys make the halo an option to have or have not.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:28 PM, Nikeros77 said:

No, absolutely not. I hate that ****ing halo. I'm sure in real race cars you can get used to it, but in a game where there is no body feeling and the visuals are essential I won't buy a game that restricts them. I'll just motor along with F1 2017 until you guys make the halo an option to have or have not.

Well there is an option to remove it, part or all, but you soon get used to it and it doesn’t get in the way

On 10/28/2019 at 12:22 PM, kalamazoo123 said:

Well there is an option to remove it, part or all, but you soon get used to it and it doesn’t get in the way

There is an option to remove it?  Can you elaborate please?

3 hours ago, DavidBarrett said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Free donuts!  Wow!  Got any more surveys I can take?