Sign in to follow this  

Lets Talk about Vettel.

And, pray tell, where did I say that Webber was better? I merely said that he was ahead of Vettel going into the last race, which is sufficient to show that Vettel wasn't clearly better than his teammate. In any case Webber had his own mechanical issues too which you seem to have conveniently ignored.

And how many countless podiums were lost for Webber when his car kept on braking down?
Between 2009-2013 Webber had 3 DNF's due to mechanical faults. 

Between the same time period, Vettel had 8 DNF's through mechanical faults. 

#TheMythMustStop

VetteIfan said:
And how many countless podiums were lost for Webber when his car kept on braking down?

#TheMythMustStop

What about crappy pitstops which resulted in losing a wheel, what about KERS problems in qualifying which meant failing to even get into Q3, what about all the races where something was wrong with the clutch settings at the start of the race resulting in the driver losing a lot of places and so on and so on.

#TryingToFocusOnlyOnMechanicalProblemsWhichResultedInaDNFToMakeVettelsLuckLookWorseThanWebbersMustStop
#ItsGettingRidiculous
#Seriously

Well I am sure Alonso would like one more, after all, he has half the number of titles Vettel has ;)

VetteIfan said:

#TheMythMustStop

What about crappy pitstops which resulted in losing a wheel, what about KERS problems in qualifying which meant failing to even get into Q3, what about all the races where something was wrong with the clutch settings at the start of the race resulting in the driver losing a lot of places and so on and so on.

#TryingToFocusOnlyOnMechanicalProblemsWhichResultedInaDNFToMakeVettelsLuckLookWorseThanWebbersMustStop
#ItsGettingRidiculous
#Seriously
#AndAgainHeresThisLink

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1/forum/topic/vettel-webber-and-reliability-at-red-bull/

This covers everything, from bad pitstops to team orders to KERS problems. And yet look how evenly matched the luck is. 

Conveniently that's up to Italy. Webber then went on to have 3 DNFs at Singapore, Korea and Indoa as a result of mechanical failures and may have had more smaller problems that I can't recall whereas Vettel had a perfect car to the end.

Fair do's. The reason it's only done to Italy is because that's the time it was done. Korea wasn't actually a mechanical issue, but it was bad luck for sure. So that's 8 more issues that Webber had than Vettel over 5 years. Wow. 

Anyway, I'm done with arguing over it. With the greatest if respect everyone's already made up their minds on it and it's what they like to believe, so me arguing this point is useless. 

Why would we hate him? he hasn't won a championship yet.

And he won't win four in a row either

will you all hate rosberg so much when he wins this years championship?

No, because Rosberg
a) isn't a whiny I-already-have-a-bad-language-warning who throws a tantrum every time something doesn't go his way
b) doesn't complain whenever other drivers don't treat him like royalty out on track
c) hasn't won four straight titles on the back of Adrian Newey's genius (not a reason to dislike him as a person, but certainly something that counts against his driving ability)