Sign in to follow this  

Lets Talk about Vettel.

You say it's arrogant, I say it's a spur of the moment-thing. It's cheating nevertheless of course, but arrogant? Did he go out and say he was proud about it? THAT would've been arrogant for me.

What he did at Monaco that year was unsportsmanlike, but not arrogant. Doesn't make it better, I know.

About Adelaide: Can you please tell me, why this was in any way unfair? He went off the track, rejoined it and as he was still ahead of Hill took the next corner first. Hill should've waited one more corner to comfortably take the lead.

Btw, Hill seemed to think exactly the same in his first interview after the accident: Just type in "Adelaide '94: Hill's first interview after crashing with Schumacher."

Absolutely, 100%.

Schumi was ahead, he had the right to take the next corner first. Hill should've waited, instead of going for such a risky move. He should've known better, especially with a championship being on the line and Schumi being the one defending his position.

Go watch the interview I suggested to see Hill's first reaction (before he realized he could turn this into a "Schumi cheated"-thing).

Schumacher didn't just go off-track, he damaged the car so there was no possibility he could finish the race.
Hill saw that and I don't think he knew Schumacher would turn in on him since his car was damaged.

We will never know because Hill made him catapult into the tyre-barriers seconds after that. :P

Nah, seriously, if you want to bring up Michael's attempts to cheat, then I agree that Jerez 97 or Monaco 06 are good examples for that but then again, he wasn't the only WDC to do that. I personally feel like Senna's 1990-crash at Suzuka was 10 times worse than Jerez 97 for example.

Anyway, let's not start a Schumacher vs Senna argument, I'm sick of these by now. :P

I see Schumacher having the right to take the corner first as he's ahead when he starts turning. Therefore, Hill's fault.

Let's agree to disagree.

Ι just don't see why Schumacher didn't let Hill pass since he wasn't going to finish the race either way. Well, whatever.

Absolutely, 100%.

:))

Being ahead when you turn in to a corner doesn't give a driver an unrivalled access to swing the car towards the apex. Especially in this case. Schumacher had just been off so he knew Hill would be right on the back of him and would have much more momentum. And then, let's just say as diplomatically as possible, when Hill went for the inside Schumacher made very little attempt to ensure they both got round the corner without damage. 

have to agree with Mike he did what he did to make sure Hill went into retirement too because he knew that was the only way he'd take the title. Schumacher knew his car was damaged and couldn't continue so in my opinion that counts but it's not just his actions on track though as I felt he had a bit of arrogance in his interviews as well in general just his overall demeanour seemed arrogant to me. I'm not saying he didn't deserve the success he got because for the most part I think he did but In general he didn't strike me as particularly friendly and a win at all costs kind of guy during those years

I´sorry but can anybody give me an example where vettel shows that he´s arrogant
I think he´s ambitious not more. Moreover you need a little bit arrogance to survive in F1.

That's what I do but then it's all blank.

that's what happens to me as well if you click on the button that says Show source and post the link on a separate line then it'll work that's generally how I get this forum to post my videos. It's not a perfect solution as it throws the writing in the post off a bit but it's the best I've been able to do so far

Ok, take 2: (thnx to Prawn)
KuB said:
I´sorry but can anybody give me an example where vettel shows that he´s arrogant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KriQR-TwBAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gNDQiMnAr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkFCE-9BRfE
(+ calling another driver an idiot/cucumber)

Just three things off the top of my head.