Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 Gameplay

Yeah  I agree, I don't understand why there's no transmission whines, downshift pops & bangs etc...The game doesn't even sound like there's a gearbox lmao. Such a shame because everything is looking nice so far. 

Nobody noticed the ridiculous speed of the Ferrari pit crew when they come out of the box for the pit stop? Min 7:40...also the car seems on automatic drive again when you're in the pitlan...at lest it doens't seems to steer at 90 degrees like in 2017...

TomskiPl said:
Renault R26 F1 2017 vs 2018
Body is 13 characters too short.

What a step they’ve made graphics wise, that was something we couldn’t say last year. So excited!

TomskiPl said:

What a step they’ve made graphics wise, that was something we couldn’t say last year. So excited!
I don't see any diffrence in this Picture 

Yes the gloves finally look real and baggy, not skintight hahahaha also in that clip of the tyrewarmers on the McLaren that looks photorealistic

TomskiPl said:

that's because it's not a picture but a gif.

The thing thats get me depressed here, is that the car still drifts a u-turn and goes back on to the track when it hits the gravel, instead of keeping the direction It had towards the barriers.
And I also se the damages is still as poor as always.  :s

TomskiPl said:

that's because it's not a picture but a gif.
its because in one picture its clear and sunny and the other is overcast and hazy.

@LFSwicked

>The Ferrari sounds like how it sounds on TV but Renault & Mercedes doesn't ? What gives!?

To be honest the Ferrari only nailed 1 of the 2 turbo whistles, but:

-the Ferrari is still missing the unique 2nd turbo whistle.

-Mercedes + Renault indeed are awful as Mercedes is missing their unique turbo whistle + 2nd turbo whistle and Renault is missing their deep growling and their unique turbo whsitle + 2nd turbo whistle as well.

-the car chassis rattling sound effect is missing. 

-the flooring sound effect is missing. 

-the explosive transmission sounds when up- and downshifting are missing, it doesn't sound believable at the moment.

-on-throttle the 1st turbo whistle sound should be linked to the gear up- and downshifts or rather the rpm (which they got pretty close to with the Ferrari this year), the 2nd turbo whistle sound should be linked as a gradual sine curve to the overall speed. 

-off-throttle the 1st turbo whistle should become almost silent whereas the 2nd should gradually slide down the pitch and keep its volume up in harmony to the overall speed.

(We can't talk about spectator audio yet, nor the Honda engine.)

If compared to the 2017 / 2018 real life TV Broadcast + real life Onboard footages, Codies F1 2018's engine sounds seem to be totally underwhelming especially if it's also being compared to the likes of iRacing / Assetto Corsa / Raceroom etc. who managed to create much more believable engine sounds than Codemasters have ever achieved.

It's truly a bad joke that they never seem to fully nail the engine sounds even though their Rally series is known to be an audiophiles secret stash of getting closer to Nirvana.

Maybe 2019 will be the time for Codemasters' redemption? (I personally doubt it, but who knows.....)

------------------------------

Two questions that come across my mind regarding this topic:

1. What happened to the supposed "2017 winter testing recorded audio files" that Codies apparently couldn't use last year as they got ahold of them at a very late point in development?

2. If this indeed are the records that Codies were talking about, how on earth can someone butcher the outcome this much so that the end result is almost unrecognizable to the real deal for the most part?

I made this video just to show how awesome the game would be if it had real onboard sounds! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpmfTgCUBD0

@LFSwicked

>The Ferrari sounds like how it sounds on TV but Renault & Mercedes doesn't ? What gives!?

To be honest the Ferrari only nailed 1 of the 2 turbo whistles, but:

-the Ferrari is still missing the unique 2nd turbo whistle.

-Mercedes + Renault indeed are awful as Mercedes is missing their unique turbo whistle + 2nd turbo whistle and Renault is missing their deep growling and their unique turbo whsitle + 2nd turbo whistle as well.

-the car chassis rattling sound effect is missing. 

-the flooring sound effect is missing. 

-the explosive transmission sounds when up- and downshifting are missing, it doesn't sound believable at the moment.

-on-throttle the 1st turbo whistle sound should be linked to the gear up- and downshifts or rather the rpm (which they got pretty close to with the Ferrari this year), the 2nd turbo whistle sound should be linked as a gradual sine curve to the overall speed. 

-off-throttle the 1st turbo whistle should become almost silent whereas the 2nd should gradually slide down the pitch and keep its volume up in harmony to the overall speed.

(We can't talk about spectator audio yet, nor the Honda engine.)

If compared to the 2017 / 2018 real life TV Broadcast + real life Onboard footages, Codies F1 2018's engine sounds seem to be totally underwhelming especially if it's also being compared to the likes of iRacing / Assetto Corsa / Raceroom etc. who managed to create much more believable engine sounds than Codemasters have ever achieved.

It's truly a bad joke that they never seem to fully nail the engine sounds even though their Rally series is known to be an audiophiles secret stash of getting closer to Nirvana.

Maybe 2019 will be the time for Codemasters' redemption? (I personally doubt it, but who knows.....)

------------------------------

Two questions that come across my mind regarding this topic:

1. What happened to the supposed "2017 winter testing recorded audio files" that Codies apparently couldn't use last year as they got ahold of them at a very late point in development?

2. If this indeed are the records that Codies were talking about, how on earth can someone butcher the outcome this much so that the end result is almost unrecognizable to the real deal for the most part?

Someone knows their F1!!

• Same helmet designs
  • Same Avatars
  • No known additions to helmets and avatar designs yet, one month before release
  • Wing changes still show a nose model attached to the car even when it is already detached

I know that more classic cars are awesome but the small details matter too.

Disappointing...

• Same helmet designs
  • Same Avatars
  • No known additions to helmets and avatar designs yet, one month before release
  • Wing changes still show a nose model attached to the car even when it is already detached

I know that more classic cars are awesome but the small details matter too.

Disappointing...

Indeed mate, but at least they finally put the cockpit leg protection into the cars after 8 years (possibly because they got called out for their theft of the Ferrari '02 model last year?).

Either way, the list of missing bits and pieces of small details to improve realism + immersion is still way too big tbh.

We, as the customers and fans, can only sit tight and drink a cup of tea, waiting for the ultimate Formula Racing Game to be produced, a impossible task for modern videogame studios it seems.....

Can the finished product of F1 2018 reach fps60??????
Because until now, all F1 2018 gameplay, fps are completely unable to reach fps60,
all are fps30 or even below. Really very worrying!
I hope someone can answer me with certainty.

LCK1031 said:
Because until now, all F1 2018 gameplay, fps are completely unable to reach fps60,
They probably all rendered and uploaded it with 30fps (on YouTube). Game should run with 60fps!

Seriously said:
LCK1031 said:
They probably all rendered and uploaded it with 30fps (on YouTube). Game should run with 60fps!
Yeah youtube has an amount of compression on itwhich limits what it can show so the real thing won't handle or look exactly as Youtube is showing it. But it's enough at least to give us a taste. It does this to all games so F1 2018 isn't unique in that. I've often found games look and play better in person than they do coming off youtube.

Intro and gameplay. Not sure if these clips have been seen and just being reuploaded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K34BiX6yJdU 
That spray from 14:40 onwards.. Looks like heavy rain will be a real challenge.

@Worntoathread

>That spray from 14:40 onwards.. Looks like heavy rain will be a real challenge.

Finally, it's been long overdue, thankfully they seem to have drastically increased rain spray density to replicate the view of real wet weather racing.

(If only the red backlight on the rear of the cars was a little bit brighter / more visible as in real life.....)

@Worntoathread

>That spray from 14:40 onwards.. Looks like heavy rain will be a real challenge.

Finally, it's been long overdue, thankfully they seem to have drastically increased rain spray density to replicate the view of real wet weather racing.

(If only the red backlight on the rear of the cars was a little bit brighter / more visible as in real life.....)
Even though I don't like driving on rainy conditions on F1 games, you know what I am going to test first, when I get my hands on the game. I mean (Read this on J. Clarkson voice) How hard can it be?!

Tunari89 said:
@Worntoathread

Even though I don't like driving on rainy conditions on F1 games, you know what I am going to test first, when I get my hands on the game. I mean (Read this on J. Clarkson voice) How hard can it be?!
Yeah that looked very tricky very brave taking on Paul Ricard in the wet especially with it being a new circuit. Kind of reminds me of some of my first ever races on new tracks as my first race at Yeongam on F1 2010 was a wet one I remember and very tricky as was my first Indian GP on the Buddh track. Also my very first race at Sochi ended up wet too on F1 2014. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself at Paul Ricard but I'll be ready if it does.

Tunari89 said:
@Worntoathread

Yeah that looked very tricky very brave taking on Paul Ricard in the wet especially with it being a new circuit. Kind of reminds me of some of my first ever races on new tracks as my first race at Yeongam on F1 2010 was a wet one I remember and very tricky as was my first Indian GP on the Buddh track. Also my very first race at Sochi ended up wet too on F1 2014. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself at Paul Ricard but I'll be ready if it does.
Okay, so, this is one of these cases:

Right?

Tunari89 said:
Tunari89 said:
@Worntoathread

Okay, so, this is one of these cases:

Right?
Yeah it certainly will be a challenge if it happens. I didn't know any of those tracks and I don't really know Paul Ricard as I've never raced it. I had heard of it as I'd heard it used to host the French GP before (in the days before Magny Cours) and has often been used as a test track but I've never driven the track myself on a game I have raced Magny Cours though before several times on many F1 games but not Paul Ricard.