Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 unplayable, major stuttering/frame lag whilst cornering. Video.

Hey I downloaded the game on steam yesterday on steam and my first lap I got this terrible stuttering whilst cornering. it seems to keep flicking back to a certain frame in the middle of the corner then finally lets go once out of the corner making it unplayable. Have tried every graphics setting possible.

System specs:
cpu: 4930k (stock clocks for this)
mobo: Asus rIV black
GPU: 3x gtx titan black at 1250mhz (run at 960 for this game)
mem: 16gb corsair dominator platinum 2133
win 8.1

I havnt seen anyone with my exact problem, I tried disabling sli and ran it off one card and still the same exact problem. 
I recorded one lap of melbourne to show exactly what is happening.     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySqtui8LD7c&feature=youtu.be

I am using a ps3 controller with motioninjoy, could that be an issue? 

Any help is much appreciated.

Looks like it's your controller, something is hitting the "look right" shortcut while your cornering.  Try assigning the look left/right to a keyboard button and see if it still happens.

That said, with such a beefy PC ($3k in just video cards there!), why not get a wheel, this game sucks with a pad.

That's makes a lot of sense. I'll check when I get home. Yea a wheel is definitely coming. Not sure what one to get. What's the favourite? Like the thrustmaster 500rs I think it is? Or is the g 27 fine? 

I did what iceman suggested and prone solved thanks very much iceman153!  Put all 4 view buttons to my keyboard and now no problem. Hope it works for you.

iceman153 said:

Looks like it's your controller, something is hitting the "look right" shortcut while your cornering.  Try assigning the look left/right to a keyboard button and see if it still happens.

That said, with such a beefy PC ($3k in just video cards there!), why not get a wheel, this game sucks with a pad.

NOPE. it's the 'look left' shortcut command which is being triggered, not right.

@cronictime glad it helped!  If you have the money I'd recommend the fanatic club sport base/f1 rim, it's amazing :)  but the G27 will definitely be more than enough for this game.

@unknown113 - Thanks for the constructive post, very useful. it depends which corner you watched, both of them were being triggered... read my next sentence after what you highlighted.