Sign in to follow this  

OnRush team layoffs

Sad times, I guess the game was a bit too experimental to make the money that Codemasters hoped for: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-23-layoffs-onrush-developer-evolution-driveclub-director-rushy-let-go

No idea if the PC version will ever surface, or not.

I hope it will still come for PC. Was looking forward to it for a while now.

Thanks to the Onrush-Team for all their passion and good luck for the future.

Really sad news :(
I must admit when I first followed that the Evolution Studios team had joined Codemasters I initially thought they were planning on doing something similar to DriveClub and possibly be working on a new Grid game. But when I heard about Onrush I was really intrigued about the game and still supported their direction and really wanted to see the game grow to become a huge success for them.  
As others have said I really hope Rushy and the rest of the team affected find other roles quickly and I really look forward to seeing what future projects they might find themselves working on as they are clearly a very talented team of developers and deserve huge success. 

...I guess the game was a bit too experimental..

"Too experimental?" It looks like an indie HD re-make of some 1990's bargain-bin battle-racer updated for modern mobile devices. Hopefully the team behind it lands on their feet working somewhere that won't waste their skills on such an obviously doomed project.