Sign in to follow this  

The inside scoop on the F1® 2018 Steelbook

Hi all!

If you've not already seen it, you can find this on the Blog as well.

‘Steel yourselves’ for some news… Here it is! We’re delighted to formally reveal this year’s stunning Steelbook™ design for F1® 2018, the official videogame of the 2018 FIA Formula One World Championship™. We think it’s a beauty that’s absolutely worthy of making headlines (see what we did there?), but here it is in its full glory so you can decide for yourself:  

Keeping up with the style of last year’s, we’ve used the official global keyart on the front – and we’ve also given you a big and beautiful ‘2018’ in the new F1® branding. In case you missed the memo, we have a variety of different boxes for different countries, Lining up on this version we have (from left to right) Sergio Perez, Max Verstappen, Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Daniel Ricciardo, Fernando Alonso and Romain Grosjean. Between them they hold 10 World Championship titles, and are all worthy stars for a game about making headlines.

The F1® 2018 Steelbook joins the F1® game franchise Steelbook family, being the fourth of its kind to hit shelves. 2015 and 2016’s games had a bit more of an abstract vibe to them, but we’re following in the footsteps of F1® 2017’s style by putting some of the stars of the sport on the front. We wish you could see it in the flesh (or ‘steel’ even…), as the finish on it is stunning. It’s almost as sleek as an actual F1® car, even if we do say so ourselves. ;)

As in previous years, the Steelbook Edition will be available at select retailers only – so please make sure to check your go-to store to see if they stock it. Handily, if they don’t, then we’re also here to provide you with links to places we know are already selling it*:

UK - GAME
France - Micromania
Italy - Gamestop
Germany - Gamestop
Spain - Gamestop
Belgium - Game Mania
Netherlands - Game Mania
Austria - Games2Game
Poland - Muve

*correct as of 26/07/2018, while stocks last F1® 2018 will release onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide on August 25th 2017. If you want to pre-order just the F1® 2018 videogame without the Steelbook, there’s plenty of other ways you can.

You can pre-order here: Formula1game.com PlayStation EU PlayStation US Xbox One Steam We’ll be releasing more details about the game until launch, so make sure you it here on our blog, Facebook and Twitter for more details, YouTube for video content, and visit the product website for additional information and pre-orders.

I m not even sure what it is, is there a manual or book, or is steelbook a type of cover?

As long as steel boxes make games work, I'm sure it's worth it ;) 

PS. Carbon fibre or Kevlar box would make more sense 

It's really good that I know how the Steelbook looks from behind, and where I can preorder it.
Codemasters just knows how to focus on the important stuff that matters to the fans. 

Love ya <3

Between them they have 10 world championships... Hamilton 4, Vettel 5, Alonso 1... Everyone else is irrelavent. Only joking :D great design.

Dboyking1 said:
Between them they have 10 world championships... Hamilton 4, Vettel 5, Alonso 1... Everyone else is irrelavent. Only joking :D great design.
Actually Alonso has 2 World Championships to his name as h ewon in 2 consecutive seasons 2005 an d2006 if I recall correctly

Dboyking1 said:
Actually Alonso has 2 World Championships to his name as h ewon in 2 consecutive seasons 2005 an d2006 if I recall correctly
Also I'm sure Vettel has only 4! 

martbloke said:
Dboyking1 said:
That too although he may have 5 by the end of this season only time will tell though because the same is true for Hamilton.

Both Redbull drivers on the front, also Perez and Grosjean but Bottas and/or Raikkönen are not? 

martbloke said:
Dboyking1 said:
That too although he may have 5 by the end of this season only time will tell though because the same is true for Hamilton.
Going off the top of my head...My bad..........

I pre ordered via Steam but I have 2 questions. 

1 it doesn t say headline edition so do i have the extra cars?

2 can I also get a steelbook or only via stores

SiemanYT said:
I pre ordered via Steam but I have 2 questions. 

1 it doesn t say headline edition so do i have the extra cars?

2 can I also get a steelbook or only via stores

all preorders will have the 2 cars yes as for the Steelbook I think that's only available in stores