Sign in to follow this  

Should there be an option to turn off the timer for interviews to help dyslexic people?

My biggest problem with F1 2018 is the quick time interview system, as a dyslexic person,it is very difficult to read the comments and understand the comments within 10-15 seconds, what do you guys think?
  • Agree 1

Would help everyone not just dyslexic people. There's no way I can read all 4 answers and make a good decision what to say in 10 seconds. Who thought this was good idea? And don't tell me it's like that because it's "realistic". Sure drivers don't have forever to answer but they know exactly what they want to say and don't get 4 options to choose from.

Not only for dyslectic people. I understand English but it takes me twice the time to read in English as in my native language. Most of the time I need to read a sentence a second time to understand what is written. So yes the timer sucks for me as bad a for dyslectic people.

If the questions were asked in audio instead of text I wouldn't mind the timer

An option to turn off the timer or they should just increase the timer to like 30-50seconds, so you can thought about all the answers and the dyslexic persons aren´t disadvantaged.

Having the option to turn the timer off or at least make it run for 20 seconds or 40 seconds would be great for sure.

------------------------------

Another possibility would be the option to have color codes for certain types of answers, for example:

Red = Showman.

Blue = Sportsman.

Green = Neutral.

Optional Yellow = Unique answer #1 that gets unlocked when you have progressed all the way up to around 50% of either the showman or sportsman bar.

Optional Orange = Unique answer #2 that gets unlocked when you have progressed all the way up to around 75% of either the showman or sportsman bar.

Optional White = Unique answer #3 that gets unlocked when you have progressed all the way up to around 100% of either the showman or sportsman bar.

Optional Black = Bwoah.

Gregmom said:
Would help everyone not just dyslexic people. There's no way I can read all 4 answers and make a good decision what to say in 10 seconds. Who thought this was good idea? And don't tell me it's like that because it's "realistic". Sure drivers don't have forever to answer but they know exactly what they want to say and don't get 4 options to choose from.
I believe at some points there may even be 5 answers to choose from.

martbloke said:
Gregmom said:
Looking forward to that then. :D

I think the whole point is to simulate the pressure you’re in when asked these questions. For me it’s fine as it is, but I think the game should be accessible to all so an option to increase or turn it off would be welcome.

Another possibility would be the option to have color codes for certain types of answers, for example:

Red = Showman.

Blue = Sportsman.

Green = Neutral.

Nice idea but I think a part of the whole thing is that you're not always supposed to be completely sure which is which, so it'll be a bit of a challenge to impress the right teams and keep the R&D departments happy. I think an option to extend the timer ( by a big margin ) would be best to still keep it a sort of challenge/mini-game but at least make sure that everybody is able to read all the answers in time.

Gregmom said:
martbloke said:
Gregmom said:
Looking forward to that then. :D
Decision's decisions eh? :p

Its like reading all the plastics waste issues then realising many disabled/hospitalised people rely on them.

Its always a good thing to think on both sides. I had no idea of a timer on media so I would have been disappointed to get that surprise as I cannot scan read to save my life lol! Hopefully they take off the timers, seems an odd thing to do. I know media events are limited time wise but I don't see anyone with stopwatches for each question asked ;)

Its like reading all the plastics waste issues then realising many disabled/hospitalised people rely on them.

Its always a good thing to think on both sides. I had no idea of a timer on media so I would have been disappointed to get that surprise as I cannot scan read to save my life lol! Hopefully they take off the timers, seems an odd thing to do. I know media events are limited time wise but I don't see anyone with stopwatches for each question asked ;)
yeah I can just about scan read quick enough to pick an answer I think despite my disability but I do have to agree that either remove the timer or do what Bioware does in their games where they give each answer an emoticon in the middle when you select it to make it easier and quicker to know more or less what your selecting.

Absolute no brainer. It's not as if this is an online feature or something where you'll gain a competitive advantage. Most people who play career mode are casual and just here to have fun, so we should make it so ALL people can have fun.

As it has absolutely nothing to do with the skill of racing its yet another reason why I have no intention of buying the game except when it's 14.99 next year for the classic cars only. Fluff like this should be the exclusive domain of mobile games ONLY. F1 The Mobile Media Game Android and the other one.

Never understood the need of a timer for this.
Give each answer a positive and negative effect and there is no need for a timer

The timer shouldn't be there to begin with, in my opinion. It's not neccessary and it doesn't add "realism" at all.

Absolutely. Not only for dyslexic people, but also for foreigners who don't always understand the English texts very quickly. That timer is not very customer / "casual player" friendly.

A timer doesn't effect me personally but I can fully appreciate how it can be an issue for others. An odd choice by CM in my opinion.

A timer doesn't effect me personally but I can fully appreciate how it can be an issue for others. An odd choice by CM in my opinion.
I wouldn' t necessarily say it's odd as other games do it too. For example I've noticed there were a couple in Dragon Age Inquisition for example and I believe all the cutscene clips on Fifa's Journey mode are done this way too. Mind you in those cases you are limited to 3 options generally I think this could be trickier given there can be 4 or 5 options but we'll only know in time. We'll have to wait and see. But I don't think those of us who have played games like Bioware's RPG's or the Journey mode in Fifa will have too much of a problem.

I'm not Dyslexic, but its a good idea

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------