Sign in to follow this  

Featuring F1® 2018 - The Official Gameplay Trailer

Hi all, 
As always, you can find this on our blog as well.

Hot off the press, the first full gameplay video for F1® 2018, the official videogame of the 2018 FIA Formula One World Championship™, is now here! Revealing the incredible depth and feature set of F1® 2018, today’s trailer shows off the most in-depth career mode ever seen in the franchise, 20 classic cars from the history of the sport, and new stunning visuals. You can check out the official gameplay trailer below, or on our YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/aZbv3DyLFC8

Launching onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide on Friday 24th August 2018, F1® 2018 lets you live the life of an F1® driver like never before.

In anticipation of F1® 2018’s release, which is less than a month away (we can’t wait), we asked Game Director Lee Mather for the inside scoop: “This is the most complete F1® experience that Codemasters has ever created.

“The Career mode is the central point of the game and has been greatly expanded with the inclusion of pressurised press interviews that will directly affect your path through the sport. There is also far more flexibility for the player, including the ability to select your own rival and negotiate team moves during the season. The Career mode also expands the player's research and development options, with each F1® team now having its own unique technology tree with differing strengths and weaknesses. What's more, F1® 2018's Career will also feature significant rule changes between seasons during the Career for the first time." 

“The game’s handling has also been reworked using real world F1® data to give us new suspension and chassis physics, as well as the introduction of manually deployed ERS. This all means that the cars feel great to drive and you can really feel the difference between the modern cars and the 20 classics there are in the game. There is a huge contrast between the low aero, low grip cars from the 1970s compared to the 2018 cars.”

Want to know more about how you can Make Headlines in F1® 2018? Find out about Claire, the new reporter character, and see how your interactions with her shape the way in which you are seen in the sport and end up directly affecting your career in our Career Developer Diary here. 

That’s not all – you can find out the even greater depth that’s been added to the research and development options available to you in game with our R&D Developer Diary here.  

And don’t forget all of the classic cars featured in F1® 2018, which you can check out here.  

When playing online, the game’s new Super License system is designed to minimise the effects of poor driving in multiplayer races. You’ll be rated on your skill levels and driver etiquette and then matched with other gamers of a similar ability and driving style.

F1® 2018 has also undergone a significant graphical uplift with the inclusion of new visual elements, including environmental mist, heat haze, track mirage effects, new engine heat haze and off racing line dirt kick-up which brings it even closer to the real sport. Like the sound of all that? (We thought you might!) You can pre-order F1® 2018 here: We’ll be showing off more of the game until launch, so keep it here on our blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for all of the latest news.

Looks very good.
What about 4K / HDR support, I assume it will be better, than in F1 2017?

JuanCarMR said:
No SC deployed!!! 
  • Body is 22 characters too short.
It definitely is in the game as you can see from this picture taken from the video. Although, it must be so buggy they didn't even manage to make it work for a trailer.

Looks fantastic!  Very excited.  This'll probably be the best F1 game yet.  The Safety-car is a big factor though.  Let's hope it's working more consistently this year. 

Looks fantastic!  Very excited.  This'll probably be the best F1 game yet.  The Safety-car is a big factor though.  Let's hope it's working more consistently this year. 

Yeah it is looking good not a significant jump on 2017 but I don't think it needed to be because for me 2017 was pretty close to being perfect. I likely will get 2018 but not likely until later when all the patching is done. I'm not completely ruling out getting it earlier but it's unlikely to be a day 1 purchase . It jus tdepends on money things and stuff like that really and given I also have eyes on Fifa 19 and the new Tomb Raider as well something will likely have to give.

It's mostly because I don't want to get through 3/4 seasons of my career and then have to start all over again because the patches screwed up my save files. I don't mind the occasional save file corruption as I do get those in games sometimes especially in Fifa which force me to restart but when a patch actively ends up corrupting the whole thing forcing me to not only delete the save but actively have to uninstall and reinstall the whole game that's a bit much. Thankfully the game works properly again now but that was a pain in the ass as I was really enjoying my career up until that point.

The footage looks great, but honestly; I feel that this community really needs and deserves some reassurance that work has been put into solving issues with the safety car and multiplayer functionality at this point.

Of course the developer diaries and trailers are promotional and meant for a more general audience, so I know we shouldn't expect answers in there; it's just that there's no real answers coming from anywhere else either. If the team can't answer certain questions, why not respond to the topics and say so? This community has the most passionate and dedicated F1 player base and I guess I feel that it deserves a bit more specific info than the standard media/hype treatment, even though the game does look great in those videos it's not what the majority here really want to know.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm always optimistic and I see all the recent improvements in terms of community engagement already; the beta has been a very important step forward and the interaction from the audio team on here has also been great recently. I just hope we can start seeing that same kind of dev-interaction for other important areas of the game as well.

Wowwww! We´ll able to make the bar of the halo invisible??? Yessss!!??
[Removed]

[Edit: Faya: Removed link]

[Removed link]
Wake up.  ;)

[Edit: Faya: Removed link from quote]

Gregmom said:
[Removed]
Wake up.  ;)
Why? Didi you the picture and the trailler?

[Edit: Faya: Removed link in quote]

Gregmom said:
[Removed]
Wake up.  ;)
Why? Didi you the picture and the trailler?
We've known this for a long time now, where have you been.  :)

[Edit: Faya: Removed link in quote]

The footage looks great, but honestly; I feel that this community really needs and deserves some reassurance that work has been put into solving issues with the safety car and multiplayer functionality at this point.

Of course the developer diaries and trailers are promotional and meant for a more general audience, so I know we shouldn't expect answers in there; it's just that there's no real answers coming from anywhere else either. If the team can't answer certain questions, why not respond to the topics and say so? This community has the most passionate and dedicated F1 player base and I guess I feel that it deserves a bit more specific info than the standard media/hype treatment, even though the game does look great in those videos it's not what the majority here really want to know.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm always optimistic and I see all the recent improvements in terms of community engagement already; the beta has been a very important step forward and the interaction from the audio team on here has also been great recently. I just hope we can start seeing that same kind of dev-interaction for other important areas of the game as well.

Yeah whilst multiplayer doesn't really bother me because I don't use it and because I usually have damage turned off as I don't always trust the AI to race fairly so I don' t usually see that  much of the safety car. So neither of these things bother me too much I do still agree though that the community needs some answers. TBH though I probably won't touch 2018 until I've at least done 1 full career mode on 2017. I'm hoping to start a new one on 2017 within the next couple of days though I'm just finishing up a season on my latest F1 2016 career first

I’m really waiting to hear more on the car handling and physics, I know CM seems to improve it every year and I understand they are in ways constrained by the fact that the game must be accessible to the masses and those who play with controller and 2017 did a great job balancing that. But I must say I recently finished my careers and put f1 2017 down, in anticipation of f1 2018, in the mean time this allowed me to spend the past few weeks playing hours of assetto corsa, I know this may be an unfair comparison, but when I picked 2017 back up to pound out a few time trials, it was a wow moment, the force feed back was so light in comparison and the car did not feel very planted, hopefully codemasters will improve this with the new handling model, a formula car on A/C takes as much out of me in an 8 lap race as f1 2017 in 56.

same helmets again? really? :D since 2016 i guess. same cut scenes? really? since 2016 i guess. this is a shame!

This is the mother of all introductory game play trailers I've seen in a long time! Fantastic job there guys and gals!!!!

I'd like to see more information about the acquisition of the F1 super licence in multiplayer - this is fantastic imo!!

found this short trailer in polish with some new footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U_Fy8CaeAY