Sign in to follow this  

No Codies! You STILL haven't fixed it!

F1 2014, I am of course referring to. STILL no ability to ride on-board with competitors in real time and during replays! STILL no better replay angle (like GP4, rFactor etc) and STILL only pissy, tiny replay lengths. It's also STILL not possible to go back and see what happened when a driver retires from the race, either. These were KEY THINGS that needed to be addressed, Codies and despite so many requests from your fans, the people who buy your games YOU HAVE STILL ignored these requests.

Havind said that, F1 2014 is a great game, but why can't these features be implemented? It doesn't make sense. It was possible back in the days of GP 4, so why not with this game? I guess we'll have to wait until next gen... 

Yeah i agree, but steve hood confirmed on twitter that there will be a "new replay system" and someone asked if there will be the ability to ride onboard with AI in F1 2014 and he replied with no but that is for next gen.

EffOne said:
F1 2014, I am of course referring to. STILL no ability to ride on-board with competitors in real time and during replays! STILL no better replay angle (like GP4, rFactor etc) and STILL only pissy, tiny replay lengths. It's also STILL not possible to go back and see what happened when a driver retires from the race, either. These were KEY THINGS that needed to be addressed, Codies and despite so many requests from your fans, the people who buy your games YOU HAVE STILL ignored these requests.

Havind said that, F1 2014 is a great game, but why can't these features be implemented? It doesn't make sense. It was possible back in the days of GP 4, so why not with this game? I guess we'll have to wait until next gen... 

GP4 didn't have a career mode, it didn't have any Scenarios, the season data was never the current season, it was always the previous season (GP2/3/4) The Car Modell and the handling was only modelled after One! car, an Arrows by the way, so no matter what Team you Chose your car always felt the same, Cockpit looked the same there was only one steering wheel design, Playercar had always the most PS you had to use GPXPatch to implement additional Features.... the list goes on and on, so I think it's a bit unfair to compare the "old" GP4 with todays Codies F1. All in all Codies have done a good Job on the series, and the restricitons the Consoles force upon them is not their fault either, not to mention Bernie's F1 Marketing nonsense...

I'd rather have a system similar to GP 4 where you can ride on-board with AI and a TV feed-style replay system over scenarios any day. If you drove for Minardi, you had less BHP and would not be as fast as a Ferrari even without GPXPatch.

Also, console restrictions and Bernie would have bugger-all to do with not implementing these features that, frankly should have been included about 3 games ago.... 

The only way to get them to take note of what we want and work harder is NOT to buy it and hurt them in the only place they care about, their wallets.

Buying it every year and hoping its better does nothing at all!!  and never will.

it would be good to be able to save replays of my best races even ones i didnt win but had mad action sigh guess its time to hook the ps3 into the ol dvd recorder again to record it myself lol

Basically there's no excuses not to have them in the next gen F1 game coming up. There should be no excuses not having them in the past 3 or so games but there's REALLY no excuses for the next gen versions...

Everyone summed it up pretty much, Codies got one last chance with F1 2015 on next-gen or else it's over for them.

I think they should work on the gameplay issues between using a wheel or a pad before they even think about implementing anything else. I personally am not going to invest over $400.00 dollars on a new PS3 for a broken game. I think FOM should just revoke the licensing for the game and find a new developer with better resources.

Hopefully Codies FINALLY take a leaf out of Geoff Crammond's F1 games with this new release coming up with F1 2015. I know there's been a lot of dissatisfaction voiced about a reported lack of career mode in the new game, but if that means they're moving more towards a GP2/3/4 style of game as a result, with proper TV-style replays and the ability to ride on-board with competitors in real time and in replays and watch what happened in a collision between AI cars then I'm personally all for it.

There's also an important element missing from those GP4 years in the Codemasters games : TELEMETRY

Bobino12 said:
There's also an important element missing from those GP4 years in the Codemasters games : TELEMETRY

These games are so crap they have no use for telemetry.

Bobino12 said:
Don't be absurd. Who needs or uses telemetry in Formula 1? It's incredibly simple sport and nobody relies on data. My local blacksmith is producing Mercedes' chassis and aero parts :smiley: 

PS: 6 years on and F1 game without telemetry is criminal. FFS Codies! Games like Forza Horizon 2 (open-world!) have telemetry. Is it so hard to implement?