Sign in to follow this  

Ai tyre wear

insectira said:
Am I the only one who feels that the the ai doesn't suffered from tyre wear???

no your not i have also mentioned it as a game breaking bug as we cannot race the Ai......as i have also stated in a racing game this is unacceptable.

If this is true, I don't understand how this is so hard to simulate - surely just a very gradual increase in lap times would give this impression

stuzster said:
If this is true, I don't understand how this is so hard to simulate - surely just a very gradual increase in lap times would give this impression

decrease in lap times is whats needed , i was having some good racing at the start of the grand prix then as my tyres started to wear the Ai  i was racing with shot off into the distance and the cars that were 3-5 seconds behind me caught me up , overtook and then dissapeared down the road ..........broken !!!!

It's horrible, you manage the tyres and build a decent gap then in the last two laps of the stint the AI close the gap, overtake you and disappear down the road setting fastest laps as they go while you understeer all over the place and barely move when you put the power down.

When I first played this game I had the same problem. I changed the set up of the car and no longer have quick tyre wear. I last just as long the AI do. I'm using expert level with all assists off. Career mode with williams team. 

I've noticed that lowering the anti-roll bars down to 2 or 3 dramatically reduces tyre wear, so I go with that on most of my set-ups.

At first I really did thought it was problem with AI not wearing there tyres out, they were going 10 laps longer than me. Like Craig says lower the anti roll bars. I have my front anti roll bar at 3. Back bar about 4 to 5. The camber for traction and acceleration I have it half way or to the right. Having way over to left is going to wear your tyres out. 

There is no problem with AI tyre wear.

Those struggling with wear just try this as a general setup for every track and alter it slightly depending on the circuit:

Aero: 8/7
Brakes: 50/50/High
Balance: 4/4
Suspension: 3/3/5/4
Default alignment.

Then don't mash the throttle and throw the car into corners and you'll be matching the AI very easily and even able to go longer than them.

There is no problem with AI tyre wear.

Those struggling with wear just try this as a general setup for every track and alter it slightly depending on the circuit:

Aero: 8/7
Brakes: 50/50/High
Balance: 4/4
Suspension: 3/3/5/4
Default alignment.

Then don't mash the throttle and throw the car into corners and you'll be matching the AI very easily and even able to go longer than them.

thanks will give it a try

You say the AI don't suffer from tyre wear? They clearly do I've seen the Williams cars do one stop more than anyone else. Some other cars do this aswell.

Tyre wear does happen for the AI , I've opened the database and seen the coded values for it.

There is a certain art to driving the 2014 cars, and it doesn't involve staying in high fuel mix for long periods of time or running high aero set-ups.

I think Codemasters have done a fantastic job of getting this game as it should be to mimic what a real F1 driver in 2014 would have to do in his car. It's all about how you drive the car this year, your driving style and abilities in the cockpit, rather than just flat out hot lap driving lap after lap.