Sign in to follow this  

GAMEBREAKER !!!!!!.........HATTA PLS READ.

Ai not suffering tyre wear is a real game breaking bug, it means we are unable to race with them ( that in a racing game is unbeleivable and not acceptable) if this is not sorted then we should all return our copies of the game because under consumer law this product is not fit for purpose....in its current state. can we have confirmation the devs are aware of this problem and are looking into it.

blew1967 said:
Ai not suffering tyre wear is a real game breaking bug, it means we are unable to race with them ( that in a racing game is unbeleivable and not acceptable) if this is not sorted then we should all return our copies of the game because under consumer law this product is not fit for purpose....in its current state. can we have confirmation the devs are aware of this problem and are looking into it.
So because you are too slow you want to return your copy? Sounds about right, turn the difficulty down or get faster, the AI are probably the best they have ever been in terms of speed and I'm sure no tyre wear adds to their speed which is good, it means I can actually have a decent race with legend AI

TL:DR Get faster or turn the difficulty down.

blew1967 said:
So because you are too slow you want to return your copy? Sounds about right, turn the difficulty down or get faster, the AI are probably the best they have ever been in terms of speed and I'm sure no tyre wear adds to their speed which is good, it means I can actually have a decent race with legend AI

Being much faster at the start of the stint and much slower at the end doesn't make for fun racing, regardless of difficulty. 

Nothing wrong with AI tyre wear. Change car set up. Please don't patch tyre wear it's perfect 

Funny how I can catch the AI at the end of a race if they don't get tyre wear.... Stop spinning your rear tyres and using a silly setup.

Have to agree this year the AI is just fine on all levels I'm not very fast but I'm coping fine with the AI this year 2013 it was a problem but it's not a problem on 2014

Have to agree with others and say you need to manage your tyres better if you are loosing pace through a stint. This is the first time im struggling to match the legend AI but that down to my driving atm and not the AI not suffering tyre/fuel wear! If you adapt to the tyres going off you prob find that you can do your quickest laps at the end of the stint due to the car being lighter as the race goes on (100% race) or matching your times at least. This years game is really good at punishing you if you try to over drive the car so as the tyres start to go off just break a little earlier and get on the power later and youll soon find your times staying  consistant through a stint. Dont know if its just me thats finding a slow feeling lap actually is a quicker lap if you know what I mean?

Hughesy said:
Funny how I can catch the AI at the end of a race if they don't get tyre wear.... Stop spinning your rear tyres and using a silly setup.
That's because the AI sucks at fuel management, and many times are on fuel saving mode at the end of a race.

There is absolutely no problem with the AI tyre wear. The only problem you're having is you're destroying your tyres by either how you set up the car or how you're driving or both.
I did Catalunya yesterday, the AI pitted around lap 20 to change their option tyres. I drove preserving my options and I made it comfortably to lap 30 and was able to do the other 36 on primes. I kept within a second of those that had fresh tyres on while I stayed out. My race at China before I stuck with the two stop race and pitted the same laps as the AI. I didn't drop off the pace any faster than the AI. It is all down to how the player drives and sets up their car. If I can do that then it's obviously possible for anyone to do it.
If you're destroying your tyres and can't race with the AI because of it then as others have said you need to reduce the difficulty because you're obviously not good enough. Sorry to be blunt but those of us playing it properly shouldn't have to suffer having a dumbed down game after a patch because a few don't know how to play it properly.

I sincerely hope and implore CM that the tyre model remains unchanged after any patches. Right now, it's the best it's ever been and would hate to see it ruined because of poor feedback.

blew1967 said:

There's no need to be rude, as you sound, maybe it's not your intention but still. I do have to agree with you though, I haven't been getting in first place yet but the game feels much more enjoyable, the best F1 game CM have made, now at least we can really feel the car, plus it really stop when we hit the brakes. I'm afraid if they patch anything, it'll become unplayable like what happened to previous F1 games they patched, which wasn't perfect but became worse, and this game is perfect... The best one in my opinion, and F1 2013 being the very worst game, which I never got to play more than the first race. I even thought I was tired of F1 games, but F1 2014 proved it's not the case. Please do not patch this game, or if it really has to, at least don't make it mandatory please.

Alex475 said:
blew1967 said:

APlease do not patch this game, or if it really has to, at least don't make it mandatory please.
Are you real ofcourse CM are going to patch it   but YOU do not have to download the patch if that's what YOU  choice ...

blew1967 said:

i want realistic racing not just doing hotlaps!!!!!!

blew1967 said:
They do suffer tyre wear, but people struggle to keep up with them because THEY do mistakes. Like not knowing how to save tyres, and have setup on the car just made for speed that eats tyres. I love this game that you acctually have to think about tyre wear, not just use the same time trial setup for each race.

So codemasters, plz dont patch the game just to make it easyer for people that are playing this game more like need for speed then Formula One...

On of my first races was a 100% legend race at Hockenheim in a Toro Rosso. I qualified P18 and finished in P11. AI tyre wear is fine.

So....
how do you know if the AI are saving fuel or saving tyres??
Often, your RE tells you the guy in back of you is in fuel saving mode towards the end of the race.

If you don't download the patch, you cannot play online. Everyone must use the same version of the game. 
You can reinstall and remove patches on console. It takes all of 5 seconds.

Are you real ofcourse CM are going to patch it   but YOU do not have to download the patch if that's what YOU  choice ... 
If you don't download the patch, you cannot play online. Everyone must use the same version of the game. 
ERM  where in his post did  Alex475  say anything about playing online ...

If you don't believe the AI suffer from tyre wear, go and have a look at the values in the game database. I have, and I can tell you they most certainly do, some more than others. Have you ever noticed that on some tracks some AI cars make 3 stops and others only make 2. That's because some AI cars are chewing their tyres more than others.

I originally thought this too about the game. But when I learnt how to better drive the 2014 cars and manage my fuel usage and tyres better, I found the AI are just doing the same.

Please Codemasters, DO NOT LISTEN THE OP. Please don't patch it out, it's right as it is currently. That's what driving an F1 car in 2014 is all about - driving ability, more-so than the cars themselves. This is like what it is this year in real life F1 racing too, and makes for a far more enjoyable and real driving experience in an F1 car.

blew1967 said:
blew1967 said:

i want realistic racing not just doing hotlaps!!!!!!
realistic racing on a sim cade? go play AC for realism not this.

By the way as a hint anybody using set ups or changing driving style to save on wear is doing it wrong, go as fast as you can every lap.

gorey said:
Hughesy said:
That's because the AI sucks at fuel management, and many times are on fuel saving mode at the end of a race.
I also suck at fuel management and find myself in fuel saving mode a lot, so that has nothing to do with it. This is the first time it feels equal to me. Alonso has (many times) stuck with me when chasing down P1. People are too quick to say it's a bug, and couldn't possibly be the way they're driving. ;)

Hughesy said:
gorey said:
Hughesy said:
I also suck at fuel management and find myself in fuel saving mode a lot, so that has nothing to do with it. This is the first time it feels equal to me. Alonso has (many times) stuck with me when chasing down P1. People are too quick to say it's a bug, and couldn't possibly be the way they're driving. ;)
yeah I'm pretty good at fuel management just not very fast and the AI's fine for me.

It's a shame the community manager does not do a proper job, if he did 80% of the topics posted on the forums would be shut down due to being pure rubbish.