Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters blame xbox live

Loore said:
QOALL60 said:
 I dont expect an answer you seem to pick and choose what questions you answer????????????????
I answer questions that I have an answer too, I like to think I've been pretty open to be honest, at least more than we have in the past and certainly more than other devs.

If this is in regard to the freezing issue, we're working on a patch and it's currently going through internal QA, once that's complete and we're satisfied with it working we'll pass it over to Microsoft.
Hopefully it will work, the Xbox 360 still has a huge following with new games coming out all the time, to abandon it would not be a wise decision.

The patch is on its way...... so I don't need this can of de-icer or the canister of anti-freeze anymore then? lol

...And I absolutely agree, "grid-autosport" is a masterpiece, with some minor to major problematic issues.

I have to say, im disappointed to learn the xbox one has an AMD processor. 

AMD suck, big time, Always have, and Always will.  (hotter and slower than intel)  

INTEL rule the world. 

@Racrguy66 - Your insulted by this, right?  Tough.  Im just being negative again.  

@Racrguy66, you make friends everywhere dont you.  (sarcasm) :wink: 

but loore, if im honest... We have all heard that before, "its on its way...Q.A testing" blah blah blah..... im sick of hearing it tbh, i would prefer you to tell everyone "tough, just wait, we are going to take our time and do it properly than to rush it out to please you and have more bugs as a consequence" 

Just do it properly as you are quickly running out of chances with your fanbase, the ones like me who constantly come back because we appreciate what you do, yes even us, we are starting to lose the faith. :'(

And yes RTAnoskills, xbox one has the AMD 8-core cpu/AMD Gpu. And has 8gb DDR3 RAM chips. It is still powerful, although the components may not be the most expensive on the market. (It's always about making money and profit.) ; )

PS4 also uses an 8 core AMD clocked at 1.6Ghz but uses 8Gb of DDR5 RAM (5500Mhz!!), it uses an onboard GPU equivalent to a 7850/7870.

XBone uses a similar 8 core AMD clocked at 1.75Ghz and as said uses 8Gb of DDR3 RAM (2133Mhz), also using an onboard GPU equivalent to a 7770/7790.

Equivalent Nvidia graphics card to match a 7870 would be around a 660Ti, very cheap now.

Compare this to my PC which cost less than either console (minus case/HD).

AMD 8 Core @4Ghz (turbo disabled), 8Gb DDR3 @2133Mhz (expandable to 32Gb), GTX580 OC, 990FX Mobo, Corsair TX650 PSU, Coolermaster Seidon CPU water cooler.

The lot cost around £310 new and 2nd hand parts (add in another £100 for SSD and case), so you can see that consoles really are outdated when they are released, my CPU/GPU is 2+ years old, I really don't see why people buy consoles when you can slap a SFF PC together for the same money and plug it into your TV and it will be miles better than a console.

If I was in the market for a console though I wouldn't even consider the Xbone, the PS4 on paper is a lot more powerful, that RAM speed is insane.

Exclusive platform titles make people buy one or the other and Microsoft usually wins on the exclusive side hence more people buy Xbox 360/One.

Time to dump the consoles and their crappy issues and waiting for patch approval and set yourself free on a PC and enjoy extra content and patches within days not months.

All rise up and break your console shackles and join the PC master race lol  ;), Oh and PC games can be had for half the price, total outlay on GAS from day one including season pass was £30.

PS I am not a PC fanboi, just a bit of fun as I will buy a PS4 for convenience when they come down to a realistic price point for what they contain, lets say about £150 is what they are worth to me!

Disclaimer: This post is for educational purposes only and I accept no responsibility for the inevitable flaming that will occur......... :D

D4ZZL4R said:
And yes RTAnoskills, xbox one has the AMD 8-core cpu/AMD Gpu. And has 8gb DDR3 RAM chips. It is still powerful, although the components may not be the most expensive on the market. (It's always about making money and profit.) ; )
I know, that's what I was disappointed about.

Loore said:
QOALL60 said:
 I dont expect an answer you seem to pick and choose what questions you answer????????????????
I answer questions that I have an answer too, I like to think I've been pretty open to be honest, at least more than we have in the past and certainly more than other devs.

If this is in regard to the freezing issue, we're working on a patch and it's currently going through internal QA, once that's complete and we're satisfied with it working we'll pass it over to Microsoft.
@loore Yes it was about the freezing issue and i thank you for your swift reply. i just so enjoy playing CM games but its so frustrating when they dont work. If you need game testers im more than willng to help. I would do anything to make your games better.

In response to supercharger, thank-you for the educational information. I have some technical knowledge, but not as extended as yours. I noticed you mentioned you're pc has a water cooling system. I have seen these built into the xbox 360, but not a pc before. Unfortunately I'm not as well funded as yourself, and if the opportunity arose, I would definitely consider an alienware gaming pc, or the equivalent simply because of the flexibility of the adaptions and changes that can be made to further improve the system and it's structure. Is there actually that much difference between and 8-core amd processing chip, and say an intel 8-core chip of the same specification? (other than the cost of course). 

The water cooling is a closed loop system with a radiator and fan, very similar to the way a car works and I picked it up for £30, cheap entry level watercooling only as AMD 8 core CPU's run very hot and the stock AMD heatsink and fan sounds like a jet engine.

I am not well funded at all, I built the highest spec I could as cheaply as possible, the only new thing in my PC was the RAM and cooler the rest was sourced 2nd hand.

Don't buy an Alienware, they are overpriced and a DIY PC could be built for half an Alienware equivalent, if you need help sourcing matched parts I can point you in the right direction.

With regards to the 8 core v Intel, the AMD CPU I have is equivalent to an I5 3570k which are about £150, I paid £80 for my AMD CPU and it will do video rendering and process intensive tasks better than the I5, in gaming they are roughly the same, so bang for buck the AMD nails it and also with coding for consoles using a similar AMD CPU/APU hopefully games will run better on AMD.

Also the I5 and I7 are quad core CPU's with hyperthreading, the newer I7 Intel CPU's are 8 core but roughly £400+ a pop.

To be honest the building part is the easy thing, you can put one together in an hour or so, getting Windows with updates and installing drivers is time consuming but all in I suppose with downloading all updates etc would take a couple of hours more

Once Steam is installed it is plain sailing from there to install any Steam game or retail disc.

You can then plug into your TV if  you wish (I have mine on monitor and TV so can switch between) and then use a wireless/wired controller or wheel, but a good monitor is much better.

If anyone needs help building one I will gladly help, I build and repair them for a living.

racrguy66 said:
Thanks for the helpful advice. So if you install steam, it makes playing games as easy as consoles? 

Nope. What Steam does is keep your games up to date and lets you know of any offers on DLC or other games.
No gaming experience is as easy as a console, just switch on and play.

kimdurose said:
racrguy66 said:
Thanks for the helpful advice. So if you install steam, it makes playing games as easy as consoles? 

Nope. What Steam does is keep your games up to date and lets you know of any offers on DLC or other games.
True,   You have to get steam to actually start up in the 1st place.  LOL

Consoles are by far the easiest most hassle free way to game.  (Assuming the game works)

@Racerguy
Are you a normal guy (male, not kid, nor granpa with alz, no mental disorder)?
If positive you can handle the PC gaming.

kimdurose said:
racrguy66 said:

Consoles are by far the easiest most hassle free way to game.  (Assuming the game works)
Ok so you have to switch the PC on start Steam (or have it start at Windows start up), start game and play as opposed to switch console on and start game,  hardly rocket science and you can do this with a remote control as well.

Xbox controller works well with a PC you just download a program off the net if you don't have the disc http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-other-devices/windows/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup, the G27 will work great with a PC, I have the G25 and have it set up just the way I like it.

There is absolutely nothing that a console does that a PC can't do and a PC can do a lot more besides and better, people still think about PC's being these big ugly white boxes with huge keyboards and mahoosive monitors, they aren't any more, here is an example of a PC case that you could use if you were building a small form factor PC..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sff+case&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=935&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ch5RVIqYB-Gd7gbp3oGQAQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=ffjE7yH-e8niIM%253A%3BgtRSCl5y5ftqVM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.slipperybrick.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2006%252F11%252Fshuttle-x1001.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.slipperybrick.com%252F2006%252F12%252Fshuttle-xpc-x100-small-form-factor-pc%252F%3B300%3B368

You could even gut an Xbox or PS and build a custom PC inside them, I have seen suitcase PC's, fishtank PC's and you can use emulation software which will make a PC interface look like an Xbox, you can also play Xbox and PS games on a PC using emulation software.

Consoles have their uses and as said are pick up and play but at the price they are asking for the hardware I just don't think they are worth it personally.

kimdurose said:
racrguy66 said:

They aren't exactly hassle free though are they when you are waiting for patches that a PC got months ago, pick up and play yes, hassle free no.

I don't have g.a.s but that comment about how the console is to blame as its too old is just the funniest thing I have ever heard on here,,really it is so fcuking funny. if the consoles not good enough to run the game as intended why on earth was it ever released on old consoles? talk about shooting yourself in the foot

I agree that the price of  the new consoles is expensive, 

Maybe thats just the price to pay for Cheat free gaming.  

The kind of cheats im talking about.....go to Youtube and search for a noob called Sethioz.  
There are no weight hacks, speed hacks, or any other kind of hacks, on the Xbox version of Autosport.  

But the PC......thats a whole different sink hole. 

Just a quick look at the racenet challenge leaderboards, usually reveals the top 3 places as blatant cheats. 

And a look on youtube will show the crap in action.    Grid autosport hacks - put that in YT, and you will be shocked.  

There is no real way to know whos legit and whos not,  You dont wanna be calling someone whos better than you a cheat, but you dont wanna be beaten because of cheating.

There is no guarantee you will find cheaters when you play online, but you never know.

But no one is going to come along and set a lap time on 3 seconds on the xbox, and they sometimes do on the PC.   

The kind of cheats im talking about.....go to Youtube and search for a noob called ......  

Yeah, advertise his work more.

racrguy66 said:
I saw a post from @Loore stating some anti cheat system is in effect for GAS or steam? Is that not sufficient to stop the cheats?
It's called the Xbox Freeze.

The kind of cheats im talking about.....go to Youtube and search for a noob called Sethioz.  
There are no weight hacks, speed hacks, or any other kind of hacks, on the Xbox version of Autosport.  

There are hacks for consoles and you can easily make a homemade 'lag switch', widely used in FPS peer to peer games i.e COD.

I have seen one cheater in GAS and that was near launch, it was pretty obvious as he went a twice the speed of everyone else, I mean going from 8th to 2nd in 2 corners type fast, I was watching the minimap and then he flew past me while I was a full speed.

There have been a few suspect racers but you can usually spot cheaters they usually can't drive and go off every corner and wobble all over the place but still come 1st, they also tend to frequent online playlists which is another reason we stick to custom cups, you can build enough of a friends database quite quickly through Steam to be able to race with known good racers.

Good couple of races last night @RTAnoskills, shame Steam went off.